[3.6] The Blizz Sorc - Icestorm/Winter Orb CI Occultist - Viable For Everything

I haven't played as much over the weekend as I'd hoped, but finally got to the maps, saved 15c for Astra and a few more for a cheap Coil and 18% staff, 6S'd the staff (got lucky with about 150 jewellers) and decided it was time to pay Izaro a visit.

New video: Uber Lab at lv 72

I'm not sure why anybody would say CI is not viable. And I had a lot of fun with Frigid Wake, didn't feel like I needed Vile Bastion early at all.

This league has some really OP new stuff - Janus Perandus OMG! And my Haku has an item that makes him deal +extra lightning damage and always shock. All my deaths before maps were from the Syndicate. I haven't died to any of the act bosses. After wasting some time trying to learn the Syndicate mechanic, I listened to a good advice and just went past it all and leveled.

This is a high end build, it's not designed for fighting new OP shit with unknown 1-shot mechanics at low levels. Level any way you want, the guide is not the Holy Bible. I'll put the WO - CwC - FP idea in there for now. But you really want to get the staff around lv 33-39 and start using Icestorm. This tree is specifically designed for this skill.

I noticed that most of the complaints about leveling seem to be from the people who are either trying to level past lv 39 without WI, or don't use Int items, or mess with the Syndicate at early levels. Well... don't do those things. :)

Upd: added PoB snapshot for lv 72.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 9, 2018, 10:20:38 PM
The build is great. Crushing maps and tanking is easy. Life was a bit rough until I switched to CI at 69 and life was solid.

Only question. Why CWDT at level 20 for the CWDT-BloodRage-IC-Golem link?
Wouldn't you want it to cast more often?

Edit:
To help others who are curious-
Get those two leveling uniques suggested. They are very helpful. Keep your resists maxed. Gear wise, look for health gear. Don't worry about INT in the beginning. I switched to Winter Orb ASAP with Lesser Multiple Proj, then swapped to Greater ASAP (big help). I swapped to Whispering Ice (4 link) at 35 and damage was not an issue. Spell Cascade is a great quality of life if you are 1-2 levels higher than the mobs and dont need damage. Grab the stun immunity first from the labs. Remember that you are a hybrid till around 70. It will feel awkward. You will be like 50/50 ES and HP. While you have ES, you have stun immunity and once your shield starts recharging it cannot stop until it has hit max, use this time to flame dash away. When your ES goes down, use this time to flask and quicksilver to get away. Keep your distance.

When you flop over to CI at 70 it gets immensely easier. Your damage will now leech for you and for your energy shield. You will start to stand and cast more so than run because you can straight up face tank a lot of mechanics (obviously move to dodge 1 banger). Then from there it's all increasing your INT which helps both your energy shield and damage. It scales very nicely.

All in all this build was a piece of cake. The only thing that banged me was the new assassin league mechanic. Everything else was much easier. I normally play glass cannon builds and this was a lot safer even though I did die a lot trying to rush things. It cost me literally nothing. When I switched to CI at 69 I had like 4.3k energy shield and I was fine. The leech is your friend and keeps you up.

10/10 would league start again.

Last edited by mishimoro on Dec 10, 2018, 1:23:02 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
HoloSemmy wrote:
I like it than the scion version but...
Elemental reflection is impossible.

You will need to use some special setup for ele reflect. Yugul + probably Sibyl's Lament. And Sapphire flasks.

Sapphire flask, good idea, ill try it, thanks.
im lv84 with 7.5kES now,everything feels good, but ever since I died at T4 reflect map, I have never tried that mod again.
Can someone post a video of clearpeed? That it can do all bosses I believe but I am curious about the former.
"
mishimoro wrote:
Only question. Why CWDT at level 20 for the CWDT-BloodRage-IC-Golem link?
Wouldn't you want it to cast more often?

Not really, because we already have vaal pact. If our enemy can't hit us strong enough to activate CWDT 20 lvl, then it's absolutely overkill to have arakaali activated, because we can leech enough even without it. If anything, bloodrage will be only demerit in this case.

But if we are talking about bosses where it's actually needed, their every hit would be enough to activate it by cooldwon.
Im at 63 and yep the only hard time was between 33-39 until i get a 4l staff (B-B G R) and an icetomb. Until this i levelled with just freezing pulse 3link.

Since then no problem with clear speed and bosses, like everyone its saying the syndacate is often a pain in the ass, they one shots like there is no tomorrow.

I will probably follow the advice to level without mess with them!

Anyway great build for me its a lot of fun icestorm!
Last edited by Verofabio on Dec 10, 2018, 5:58:11 AM
Just got 3 exalt drop from the "drop currency items" bargain. Yey!

I guess it's going well for me in this league :)
agree with the difficulty of leveling but most of it because syndicate absurd damage and one shots

at 72 i respect to ES, cap resistances and getting some int + astramentis, and is going better

making now my trials for uber lab and 6s my WI

Question for Kelvynn: what you think of this cheap item? its worth losing INT?

https://i.imgur.com/Y5dtshS.png

Feast of flesh detail (every 15seg):
https://poedb.tw/us/gem.php?n=Feast+of+Flesh
"
xonsuns wrote:
agree with the difficulty of leveling but most of it because syndicate absurd damage and one shots

at 72 i respect to ES, cap resistances and getting some int + astramentis, and is going better

It have eldritch battery inside. It means that it will place all our ES into mana, there is no way CI character can use this.

And if you want life based character, there is no way, it will be used either, cause no life, no res, only strange things that not really helpful.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
"
xonsuns wrote:

It have eldritch battery inside. It means that it will place all our ES into mana, there is no way CI character can use this.

And if you want life based character, there is no way, it will be used either, cause no life, no res, only strange things that not really helpful.

My bad i miss the eldritch battery part!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info