[3.8] FreezeFinder - (Retro) [Blade Vortex + Vaal Cold snap] - [All Content]

"
memberx wrote:
For low lvl mapping i guess using Spell echo would be a good choice ragarding QoL? We have no cast speed so it takes quite some time to cast the blades.

With which gem would you replace it? Obviously the blue one with end game chest. What about with tabula?

Cast speed isn't that important, as you will have 2x duration nodes and can use efficacy gem. Just get into the habbit of intermittantly keeping a stack re-buffed.
"
Yo here again to report with first 13h of league.Played for like 9h then went to sleep for idk how much like 4h.

The build has been really solid. I have most of the gear up and ready to go just waiting for tul items to drop in price and gonna farm some atziri to start with.

The leveling was smooth, i was able to get princess and hrimsorrow pretty early and that helped a lot. They were really cheap.

I would say that my gear is mediocre atm besides the flasks.I am waiting for the tul items before i try to res balance, also stocking up on some fossils for my helm.

The build has been a blast to play! As long as my game does not freeze bcs potato pc it is very easy to survive everything and the clear speed has been surprisingly good.

Thank you again for the build. Check my char MMPrisM_TankFinder for the gear.Any gearing tips are welcome.

Awesome, I have just tested what my stat stick would look like with the current %Phys rolls after nerf (I believe 20% is max now not 40%?) and doryani's is really carrying it's weight now, so has been promoted to BiS for the build with more explanation int he reasoning section.
The build is officially even easier to get going.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 8, 2018, 12:05:49 PM
Hi there is there a way to convert this tanky build into a crit version?
"
Frostlord10 wrote:
Hi there is there a way to convert this tanky build into a crit version?

I suppose in theory you could, but If I were to make a crit version and reduce the tankyness, I would just go another ascendancy, one that could leverage power charges too. But I wouldn't really classify this as a low DPS build either.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 10, 2018, 5:15:30 AM
Anyone can guide me what to do next from here? Character name: VoriciDidNothingWrong POB: https://pastebin.com/58Q3Ws9K

I feel like I'm lacking a lot damage, what should I upgrade first?
Hello!

I plan to try this build on BHC but I am worried if this build will work without pandemonium or taste of hate for white/yellow phase of mapping. How does it perform without expensive uniques and are defences consistent enough at white/yellow maps to be able to self farm for the expensive stuff?

Also, with no stun imunity how do you maintain block recovery and how do you deal with beeing stuned in general?
Last edited by BForm on Dec 10, 2018, 11:55:18 AM
"
viionc2 wrote:
Anyone can guide me what to do next from here? Character name: VoriciDidNothingWrong POB: https://pastebin.com/58Q3Ws9K

Your jewlery is crap. Get high life roll, res. and elemental and/or cold damage, cast speed...

"
BForm wrote:
Hello!

I plan to try this build on BHC but I am worried if this build will work without pandemonium or taste of hate for white/yellow phase of mapping. How does it perform without expensive uniques and are defences consistent enough at white/yellow maps to be able to self farm for the expensive stuff?

Also, with no stun imunity how do you maintain block recovery and how do you deal with beeing stuned in general?

Basalt Flask used in the meantime before taste of hate, still gains the flask effectiveness from pathfinder to be very solid mitigation for early maps white - yellow.

Pandemonius adds just another level of damage smoothing, it's not mandatory at all but just works with all the synergies of the build when you do get it.
The build is very consistant with low level gearing in white - yellow maps.

you will have 5.5 - 6.5k Hp at 91+, with 33% chance to avouid stuns, you rarely get hit so getting stunned is a real rarity.
The 120% Block recovery implicit from shield and 40% from tree provide full block recovery. There are gameplay videos If you want to see hwo it peforms, I just rolled the maps and went, so there are also unfavourbale mods on there to be realistic.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 10, 2018, 4:35:04 PM
"
memberx wrote:
"
viionc2 wrote:

Your jewlery is crap. Get high life roll, res. and elemental and/or cold damage, cast speed...

Ok firstly you need to swap the diamond flask out for a basalt flask, the diamond flask is nigh on useless in this build.

You seem to be stacking physical damage to attack which is not relelvant to this build.

You want %cold damage, %elemental damage or %spell damage (NOT elemental damage to attacks) Spells are not attacks.

Your 6 link is also off,as of right now you should be using.

Blade vortex > conc effect/Inc AoE > cold pen > Hypothermia > Added cold damage > Conttrolled destruction

If you upload a PoB again can you clear some of the mess please :) and just leave the necessary gem links you have using and delete the off hand socket groups etc, you had about 5 different blade vortex groups i had to sift through.

those changes to gem setups alone take you to 300k Shaper dps, more than double your previous. The lack of penetration was letting you down as you have not attained it from elsehwere yet.

You also want to drop the ice golem, it does nothing for the build, and you want your phase run to be max level in the CWDT socket group, you don't want it going off, you want it to be higher level so you can avoid the trigger.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 10, 2018, 4:36:55 PM
The build feels very smooth atm. Lvl 81, did maps till t6 for now (f... that drop rate).

So i should switch arcane surge with added cold as i see?

My gear is real crap, better you keep your eyes closed :D Just regular drops... I know i need sceptre for shield charge, just don't have currancy to buy doryani's...

Gear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info