[3.8] FreezeFinder - (Retro) [Blade Vortex + Vaal Cold snap] - [All Content]

Reserved
Hi, thank you for making this build.

Can't decide which BV to play. What's your opinion on this build vs. BV Chieftain, BV Elementalist (3 herald) and BV Occultist?

I play only 1 build per league, so it's important for me that it has good clear speed and can play it till end game. I never killed any guardians... mostly i never did t15+ maps, because of lack of time. I also like tanky builds (i got spoiled with slayer's overleech).

I really can't tell, never player ranger.

Also, i hate dying on Ulab spikes, how goos is this build in Ulab?

Thank you for your answer.

Last edited by memberx on Dec 6, 2018, 1:07:12 PM
"
memberx wrote:
Hi, thank you for making this build.

Can't decide which BV to play. What's your opinion on this build vs. BV Chieftain, BV Elementalist (3 herald) and BV Occultist?

I play only 1 build per league, so it's important for me that it has good clear speed and can play it till end game. I never killed any guardians... mostly i never did t15+ maps, because of lack of time. I also like tanky builds (i got spoiled with slayer's overleech).

I really can't tell, never player ranger.

Also, i hate dying on Ulab spikes, how goos is this build in Ulab?

Thank you for your answer.

BV Chieften and elementalist will have better clear speed but be conciderably less tanky than the Tankfinder / Occultist counterparts.
If your priority lies in speed clearing maps I would still go with Impulsa's elementalist.

Waggles BV Tri curse occultist is closer in playtyle and applicationto to this build in the way it operates, having acceptable clear on linear tile sets and being very tanky.
I think it's a fantastic build that is well put together but has a high cost of entry with Apep's, and if you aren't used to higher content yet it might not be the best choice.

The clear speed of this build in linear maps and Labyrinth is very good especially with.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 6, 2018, 7:22:39 PM
My priority never was speed clearing. If clear speed is fast and not very... ultra fast... i am ok with it. I just want to have fun playing POE...

Never imagined that ranger can be tanky :) so i always played marauder, duelist or scion.

So i guess Ulab can be done with no problem? i usualy run few ulabs a day to get some currency at start.

Ty!
Last edited by memberx on Dec 6, 2018, 1:30:48 PM
Yo its the guy that was bothering you on reddit (mingedevolei).
So happy you finally made the build.Its really solid and definitely helped me understand the build more!
I am gonna drop some things i found while derping around in PoB and leveling the build.
-The Princess sword is really good, almost too good. It has dps close to doryani and very good attack speed.You can even dual weild them early on.
-Kaltenhalt is also really good.
-Bitterdream is a thing, but it can create mana problems.
-Shaper helms can roll hypothermia, inc aoe and flat cold to spells and easy to craft with frigid-pristine, or frigid-aetheric-pristine.A good alternative for mapping and a cheaper 6lnik until you chest piece stops eating fuses!
-Do vaal side zones.You are gonna want 2 atziri items, so some atziri killing is on the to do list.
-We also want 2 tull items, and with his splinter being cheapest it might be a good idea to farm him as you can get some good xp while hunting for your bis items.
-Stick to linear maps as the clear in open layouts is mediocre.
-Cerberus Limb is an interesting option.
-Toxic rain with a focus on the agony crawler is a decent alternative.
-The act 3 library quest is your best friend!
-Quick silver flask of adrenaline ASAP
-The conqueror's potency jewel is a quest reward in act 8, be sure to do it!
-Vinktar flask + inpulsas or a shaped mace with enemies killed explode could be really good option to boost clearspeed.
Thats everything that comes to mind.
Have fun with the build everybody!
Edit: I am in the build i feel special !
Last edited by MMPrisM on Dec 6, 2018, 3:42:53 PM
"
Yo its the guy that was bothering you on reddit (mingedevolei).
So happy you finally made the build.Its really solid and definitely helped me understand the build more!
I am gonna drop some things i found while derping around in PoB and leveling the build.
-The Princess sword is really good, almost too good. It has dps close to doryani and very good attack speed.You can even dual weild them early on.
-Kaltenhalt is also really good.
-Bitterdream is a thing, but it can create mana problems.
-Shaper helms can roll hypothermia, inc aoe and flat cold to spells and easy to craft with frigid-pristine, or frigid-aetheric-pristine.A good alternative for mapping and a cheaper 6lnik until you chest piece stops eating fuses!
-Do vaal side zones.You are gonna want 2 atziri items, so some atziri killing is on the to do list.
-We also want 2 tull items, and with his splinter being cheapest it might be a good idea to farm him as you can get some good xp while hunting for your bis items.
-Stick to linear maps as the clear in open layouts is mediocre.
-Cerberus Limb is an interesting option.
-Toxic rain with a focus on the agony crawler is a decent alternative.
-The act 3 library quest is your best friend!
-Quick silver flask of adrenaline ASAP
-The conqueror's potency jewel is a quest reward in act 8, be sure to do it!
-Vinktar flask + inpulsas or a shaped mace with enemies killed explode could be really good option to boost clearspeed.
Thats everything that comes to mind.
Have fun with the build everybody!

Hey dude, yeah nice! Will have to do a bit more research for the leveling, covered the fossil crafts in the build as it's how I crafted my helm, and it's also why that stat distribution on gear is the way it is.

Will get back to you do really construct a bullet proof leveling guid for people.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 6, 2018, 2:09:03 PM
Hey, so I tried put it in POB and with mediocre gear like two-stone rings, because I might not get there to get the opal rings. I get it up to 5K life, so if I understand correctly the strength lies within the rest of the uniques your setup has?
"
Sahji wrote:
Hey, so I tried put it in POB and with mediocre gear like two-stone rings, because I might not get there to get the opal rings. I get it up to 5K life, so if I understand correctly the strength lies within the rest of the uniques your setup has?

With mediocre life rolls the setup tends to run around 5.5 - 5.7k HP. It's mitigation actually works similarly to a juggernaut via crushing down both elemental and physical damage in conjunction with monumental amounts of avoidance.

I farmed the majority of my Delve league Uber Elders at 800k DPS with 5.7k HP, consistantly deathless or 1 portal spent.

I only focused my currency onto the build in the final month because I made a lot from farming Ubers, and wanted to min max it further for a build guide as I was so happy with it's peformance.

I even ran a 7k effective HP MoM version using an AUl amulet and the life version at 5.7k HP was more reliable, and tankier.
Last edited by mfeeney87 on Dec 6, 2018, 2:37:28 PM
Thank for quick reply! I think im gonna go for this one this league. Awesome guide too, well done :D
Thanks for working hard on this guide! I'll definitely try this at some point during 3.5. Probably not a league starter though yeah? Also, Does anything change with the new cold DoT skills?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info