Path of Exile: Betrayal Patch Notes

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Varskar wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
RF never needed flasks.

Try to build RF occultist without degen @ boss then.

RF Occ? That's rather niche. Go mainstream with RF Jugg and you won't notice the flask changes.

Diversity? Besides, LL occu is faster mapper than any jugg / guardian.
Another round of massive nerfs. Surprised they don't just remove items from the game that they don't want people to use anymore.

Another thread full of people praising said nerfs because they care how other people play the game.

All in all business as usual. Vote with your wallets guys.
rotf nerf windripper nerf stat stick nerf
great still gonna farm white maps for loot
Next big patch:

Buffs to melee, bleed & self-cast.

Let me dream.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
louiemgallant wrote:
"
KuraiArashi wrote:
"
Varskar wrote:
If you mean immune PF bullshit build then it's F good they did that. That shit should never happen to PoE and basically ruined any sense of pushing delve.

No what he meant was Volatile Dead builds that used Zerphi's Last Breath flask for up to 20k life regen per second. That wasn't a PF immune build.

Yes you are correct tho the PF build should absolutely never have been possible it's total bullshit.

I am referring to neither. I ran a Hierophant VD with Indigon and Poets Pen this past league, and in the new League Indigon is going to take a crazy kick in the nuts halving the dps of this build.

VD doesn't need Indigon to be end-game viable. I played an Elementalist tri-herald inpulsa VD poet's pen during bestiary and incursion, it's pretty damn good. Inpulsa gets nerfed but I think it'll still be good.
When your favorite skill gets indirectly nerfed to poop.. Been planning a new build for it for a while, but now..not even sure what I'll play if I even do league. Lame.
"Melee build were only viable with statsticks"

SO :

If they are looking to have more diversity in melee build, may be they are doing it in a two stages process.

-------
FIRST: remove statstick and watch data during a league to know exactly how it would go.

SECOND: fix what's broken.
-------

May be they couldn't buff melee BECAUSE they have very few data of melee build without statstick.
"
When your favorite skill gets indirectly nerfed to poop.. Been planning a new build for it for a while, but now..not even sure what I'll play if I even do league. Lame.

I mean I realize alot of people that play PoE never make it to endgame content and alot that do only do because of OP builds or mechanics so I get how people who rely on OP things to do anything would find these nerfs problematic.

I'm not an elite player by any means and not to many leagues ago I was still pretty crappy. But I've spent the last few leagues learning as much as I can and trying to improve how I play the game. During incursion I chose a build that absolutely was not meta and in no way OP. I put far more currency into it than most people will ever see and for the currency I put into it I could have put that into some meta build and had a way easier time. But my experiences during that league helped me tremendously and I grew as a player.

Ultimately however after players get to a certain point they start to realize that there are so many incredibly broken builds in PoE and while I do not always agree with the idea of nerfing I also don't really agree with the idea of "everything is broken so nothing is" The former means theres always a build that outshines others and the later means the game loses replayability or the amount of time 1 is willing to spend playing each league because when there is no challenge anymore to game play the game quickly gets stale. I've never been 1 to do meta OP builds and I usually stay away from them because they get stale far quicker.

Personally am looking forward to the league and interested in seeing the changes. Everyone is only looking at the nerfs instead of the changes as a whole. These nerfs quite possibly might not even be noticable with veiled mods. Since abyss league we have had some pretty rediculous crafting poping up that completely breaks the game. I expect veiled mods to be no different.

But some people only see the negative and love to complain because they prefer things easy instead of requiring effort to learn mechanics and so forth. This is after all why people who sell boss kills and other endgame services make so much currency because there are so many players that have no idea how to deal with mechanics or even how to truly play the game.

Last edited by KuraiArashi on Dec 6, 2018, 5:50:58 AM
"
KuraiArashi wrote:
Personally am looking forward to the league and interested in seeing the changes. Everyone is only looking at the nerfs instead of the changes as a whole. These nerfs quite possibly might not even be noticable with veiled mods. Since abyss league we have had some pretty rediculous crafting poping up that completely breaks the game. I expect veiled mods to be no different.

But some people only see the negative and love to complain because they prefer things easy instead of requiring effort to learn mechanics and so forth. This is after all why people who sell boss kills and other endgame services make so much currency because there are so many players that have no idea how to deal with mechanics or even how to truly play the game.

You have a good point here, let's wait and see, and despite the nerf on my key item, I won't change my planned build.
However I want to say that I've never used the crafting mechanics of Delve because... well it's not really crafting, it's RNG, and most of the time it costs a lot of money for a random result.
I think the veiled mods will be more interesting because we can chose among a set of affixes (from what I know so far).

I am referring to neither. I ran a Hierophant VD with Indigon and Poets Pen this past league, and in the new League Indigon is going to take a crazy kick in the nuts halving the dps of this build. [/quote]
VD doesn't need Indigon to be end-game viable. I played an Elementalist tri-herald inpulsa VD poet's pen during bestiary and incursion, it's pretty damn good. Inpulsa gets nerfed but I think it'll still be good.[/quote]

Elementalist VD is a lot weaker then Hierophant VD, with Hiero as long as I am hittings mobs I have perma IM, perma elemental ailment immune, and ehp of about 10.5k. I prefer Hiero VD and now it is gonna suck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info