Path of Exile: Betrayal Patch Notes

Juicy!
Nerfing OP stuff and at the same time buffing underpowered stuff = good.

This is probably (depending somewhat on how the new league mechanic actually plays) gonna be the juicyest release yet :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Dec 6, 2018, 6:34:51 AM
Reworked Champion's "Inspirational" cluster looks too weak for me:

1. 20% increased effect of non-curse auras.
Ok.

2. Banners reserve no mana.
Banners reserve only 10% of mana which is already a low value.

3. Created banners gain 20% of stages of previously placed banner.
If character was able to get stages before he placed a banner he will be able to get stages again.

4. Recover up to 25% of max life when place banner.
The only use of this is to quickly recover character's life after receiving some serious damage but 25% is too low value to rely on it and you can't use this effect again for a long duration.

5. 12% inc. move speed, 15% inc. armour/evasion.
Ok.

Overall this cluster gives a lot of weak mods. Am i missing something?
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Dec 6, 2018, 6:48:57 AM
QoTF second nerf =( So sad about this.
"
KuraiArashi wrote:
"

But some people only see the negative and love to complain because they prefer things easy instead of requiring effort to learn mechanics and so forth. This is after all why people who sell boss kills and other endgame services make so much currency because there are so many players that have no idea how to deal with mechanics or even how to truly play the game.

Partially true. But the problem I see there is that a lot of endgame content is gated behind a steep currency wall. And especially new players who already struggel to "get gud" and sustaine currency are forced to buy certain goals just to get past those.

like shaper or uber elder.

For first one you have to get a t16 map which is around 20 chaos each time you fail. And a whole set of fragments too to make it to the boss.

Sure, for soem it may be challenging, but I dont blame people who are abusing some build because they just cant affort anything else. Timewhise and Currencywhise.
"
KuraiArashi wrote:
"
When your favorite skill gets indirectly nerfed to poop.. Been planning a new build for it for a while, but now..not even sure what I'll play if I even do league. Lame.

I mean I realize alot of people that play PoE never make it to endgame content and alot that do only do because of OP builds or mechanics so I get how people who rely on OP things to do anything would find these nerfs problematic.

I'm not an elite player by any means and not to many leagues ago I was still pretty crappy. But I've spent the last few leagues learning as much as I can and trying to improve how I play the game. During incursion I chose a build that absolutely was not meta and in no way OP. I put far more currency into it than most people will ever see and for the currency I put into it I could have put that into some meta build and had a way easier time. But my experiences during that league helped me tremendously and I grew as a player.

Ultimately however after players get to a certain point they start to realize that there are so many incredibly broken builds in PoE and while I do not always agree with the idea of nerfing I also don't really agree with the idea of "everything is broken so nothing is" The former means theres always a build that outshines others and the later means the game loses replayability or the amount of time 1 is willing to spend playing each league because when there is no challenge anymore to game play the game quickly gets stale. I've never been 1 to do meta OP builds and I usually stay away from them because they get stale far quicker.

Personally am looking forward to the league and interested in seeing the changes. Everyone is only looking at the nerfs instead of the changes as a whole. These nerfs quite possibly might not even be noticable with veiled mods. Since abyss league we have had some pretty rediculous crafting poping up that completely breaks the game. I expect veiled mods to be no different.

But some people only see the negative and love to complain because they prefer things easy instead of requiring effort to learn mechanics and so forth. This is after all why people who sell boss kills and other endgame services make so much currency because there are so many players that have no idea how to deal with mechanics or even how to truly play the game.

Well I'm not one of them. My characters get their own ascendencies.

I don't play meta either, but my occultist has come a long way. Only thing broken on it is Indigon, but at least it has to be built around well enough to really get it going. PP, some other things, hardly. Skill I'm referring to is Dark Pact. Chaos damage nodes all over get nerfed, Indigon gets nerfed. Wanted to try a self casting Ascendant with slayer leech, as I've only done Occultist and Necro with skeletons.

They often make little sense when they decide to nerf things like the ES nerf. I don't even bother mapping in league with an ES character since the nerf because it's not worth getting gear when they'll just end up in standard where I already have said gear I can use. And they've been very slowly buffing ES this year.. Almost like.. it didn't need to be nerfed.. I mean, with a dense fossil, you can get a 50% inc ES mod as a suffix on body. A SUFFIX + the %inc ES from body armor on rings. Now they're adding 60 flat ES to the tree and putting recharge all over.. Dumb. Instead of struggling to get high priced gear, I should've just quit for 18 months and come back for Delve. Dumb. Really dumb.

But that was the broken thing. Then the top delve player does it with no mitigation, well under max resists, 1 life, 600 ES, 2 totally not broken wands, a broken helmet since he had 7k mana, but just nerf the helmet and that'll change everything. Or the top solo, which is an occultist with 45 ES, CI, and a rare evasion helmet. And nerf chaos damage, because of all those meta chaos skills in the delve ladder. Leave gluttony of elements, leave the wands, VD is fine, BV is fine, 10+ jewel sockets is fine, all that is fine. Seems legit. It's like they don't even know what's possible in their own game.

Awful choices. I feel like I've just been wasting time and effort, having little fun with rng cursing my drops. Probably just time to move on.
Please fix Retch builds after breaking them a few leagues ago. It's not that difficult...
Again a junk patch notes ?!

You are practically with this burry the dead in 3.0 casters.

ES is absurd now ( from complete junk ).

GZ.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
"
BlazeSTX wrote:
ES is absurd now ( from complete junk ).

No it's not. It was absurd when it was better to roll marauder as ES, which is now impossible. In fact, ES is only super good for few ascendencies and just okay for some, while life is viable for every.
Last edited by Varskar on Dec 6, 2018, 1:04:51 PM
Discharge=Dead
Wanders=Dead
Dualwield=Dead

Is every patch nerfing supposed to create divercity?What about the people who spent 200-300 ex on a statt stick for their melee build?Just goes in the trash?The same as the phys wands went in the trash?

I will NEVER ever again support this game in anyway!
Sick of nerfs from people who do not care for what the community wants!They care what THEY want!I hope GGG ends up like Diablo and Bethesda!I really wish it!
Will the spiders raised by the "Raise Spiders" Skill on Arakaali's Fang now follow you or be affected by convocation?

As far I could test they do neither right now, so a 30 seconds duration although great, its not really useful if they just stay where they were spawned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info