Path of Exile: Betrayal Patch Notes

Liking the nerfs, forces people to play other things instead of using broken items like Indigon but their legacy is going to be super expensive now so I'm happy I had bought many since I felt a nerf coming along. Since I'm a standard player it doesn't bother me, I hate leagues as the cosmetics from challenges for it are just not worth my time, they usually suck. I'd only be playing leagues if it came with a full cosmetic set from challenges (boots,gloves,chest,helm etc)
Last edited by firenovix on Dec 5, 2018, 1:05:56 PM
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
I think balancing should always be a matter of small adjustments.

Quill Rain is nerfed so hard now, and all this because of 1 or 2 builds (Explosive Arrow, Toxic Rain) ?

What about all the other builds around Quill Rain, that were just barely decent but still enjoyable ?

Please GGG reconsider this, remove this nerf and if you really want to nerf EA or TR, then nerf the skill gems, not the item... Because nerfing the item means nerfing all the builds around it !

The reason for the Quill Rain nerf has nothing to do with EA or TR builds being too good. It was done (primarily) because it would be too powerful for CoC builds.
Instead of nerfing everything that works why don't you just make the game progressively harder. Why not make it where you beat the shaper and elder and a shift happens and some ancient evil gets released and all maps on your atlas start at tier 15 and go up from there. Then see what items will get you through those maps and maybe make it only drop starting at those tier maps. Also is it so hard to make new maps I mean I see peoples hideouts that look better than maps. Stop the nerfing it's dumb and it is getting really old.
"
Items exclusive to the Shaper's guardians and the Elder's guardians now drop less frequently.

wasnt that in the patch notes last ime too?

"
Arakaali's Fang now has a 100% (up from 20%) chance on kill to trigger Raise Spiders. This affects all versions of the item, though existing items will still say the skill has a 20% chance to trigger on kill.

why is it so hard to change? same with quartz infusion visuals and that rigwalds stuff...isnt it possible to hotfix such things?
yes i know quartz infusion is intended but doesnt mention the lack in visuals

"
Snakepit no longer causes your spells to fire an additional projectile. Instead it now causes projectiles from spells to Fork but prevents them from chaining while in the left ring slot, and grants +1 chain to projectiles from spells but prevents them from forking while in the right ring slot. Snakepit now prevents spells from Piercing

"
Slivertongue no longer causes arrows to pierce all targets after chaining, or arrows that pierce to inflict bleeding. Now causes arrows to pierce all targets after forking. It now grants arrows that fork 150-200% increased Critical Strike Chance, and arrows that pierce +50% Critical Strike Multiplier. Slivertongue now has (110-125) to (245-265) (up from (60-75) to (170-220)) added Physical Damage. Existing versions can be updated to these new values with a Divine Orb.

so having 2 snakepits is pointless now great
its not actually that good
why are you hating the hydra items that much? reducing the drp rate EVEN FURTHER?! SERIOUSLY???

"
Reach of the Council no longer grants 2 additional arrows. It now has 50-75% (up from 40-50%) increased physical damage and supports socketed gems with level 20 Greater Volley. Existing versions can be updated to these new values with a Divine Orb, but this will not change the additional arrows into Greater Volley.

ok can life with that but is that an exclusive skill? just curious if its a possible oversight for a new skill type

"
Queen of the Forest now grants 1% increased Movement Speed per 600 (up from 450) evasion Rating, up to 75% (down from 100%).

i dont think its possible to get 60000 or even 45000 ev...at least not if you wanna have a playable build

"
Quill Rain now causes you to deal 40% less Damage (as opposed to Weapon Damage). This affects all versions of the item.

you know this is one of the weakest weapons right? just because it
attacks quick...also why does it have a 100% increased phys dmg mod on it then?

"
Divination Distillate no longer provides additional maximum resistances during flask effect and instead provides +50% to all elemental resistances during flask effect.

first thats not even remotely compensating it
second why are you removeng all extra resistances? are you planning sth?

"
Flesh and Spirit no longer grants 5 Souls for Vaal Skills on Rampage, and causes kills to grant an additional Vaal Soul if you've Rampaged recently instead. This affects all versions of the item.

so does it apply during rampage or after bcs after would be big bs

"
Wildfire is now limited to 1. This affects all versions of the item.

thats already the case but ok...

edit: well seems like the guys at gamepedia are just quicker than ggg so disregard that

"
Blood Chieftains can now hurl Blood Apes at you.

just...why?

"
Perandus (costs 3 Chaos Orbs): Area has a 33% chance to contain Cadiro Perandus, Area contains 3 additional Perandus Chests.

yes he is back <3
(i like Cadiro HATE ME)
Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
Posted by Bex_GGG on Dec 5, 2018, 12:35:38 AM
we know where the priorities are...and we know what you mean by "effects"
Last edited by Feredhel on Dec 5, 2018, 1:46:55 PM
"
CapnSparrow wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:

Quill Rain is nerfed so hard now, and all this because of 1 or 2 builds (Explosive Arrow, Toxic Rain) ?

What about all the other builds around Quill Rain, that were just barely decent but still enjoyable ?

Please GGG reconsider this, remove this nerf and if you really want to nerf EA or TR, then nerf the skill gems, not the item... Because nerfing the item means nerfing all the builds around it !

The reason for the Quill Rain nerf has nothing to do with EA or TR builds being too good. It was done (primarily) because it would be too powerful for CoC builds.

My point exactly... If CoC is the problem, nerf CoC, but instead of that, they BOOST CoC and nerf an item that can have so many other uses than CoC... That defies logic...
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
"
CapnSparrow wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:

My point exactly... If CoC is the problem, nerf CoC, but instead of that, they BOOST CoC and nerf an item that can have so many other uses than CoC... That defies logic...

Every league/expansion GGG decides on a meta. CoC is the meta this time is the logic.
"
Amorpheus wrote:
"
Sushi_Seijin wrote:
"
Fixed a bug where increased damage sources on minions were increasing damage in ways they shouldn't have been.

Is there anyway we could get a little clarification on this? Scope or scale of the bug, or is it extremely situational or negligible? Many wanting to run minion focused builds are wondering about this. Thanks!

This ++

In which sources damage was increased? And affects on all minions? or just addressed on some specified ones?

That kind of note cant really open up what and how much the effect was -
Seriously really this note wont tell anything for anyone. -.-

AFAIK the inpulsa explosion was increased by Minion damage, it seems it isn't anymore
Stop putting hard caps on things :(
Still no fix to item tier and sorting in advanced mod description ? Almost one year now since this QoL launched, and still nothing done.

Will someone ever look at this ?? :/
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Dec 5, 2018, 2:14:01 PM
- Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.

Finally!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info