Path of Exile: Betrayal Patch Notes

"Fixed some typso."

Finally
Shattering steel doesn't mention that it impales. I guess this is just an oversight.

If it has only a chance, i think this would be best put in the patch notes.

Loving all the unique balance and skill alterations. Fixed Typso. lol.

Markov chain generator came true!
Last edited by magpye on Dec 5, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
No fun allowed here. Ty
I understand that wielding a statstick for more damage is not very realistic, but with that argument, you should not be able to use shields with 1h weapons either, because they too can give you more damage.

And for the balance perspective, I looked at the available delve statistics:

Softcore-Delve statistic for characters lvl 95+ (poe.ninja):

Skill popularity:
blade vortex (20%) <-- 1/5 of ALL players used blade vortex
molten strike (10%)
elemental hit (10%)
frenzy {poets pen}(9%) <-- note that the first four skills covered almost half of all builds
tornado shot (7%)
arc (7%)
righteous fire (6%)
reave (6%) <-- first melee build that uses statsticks
the second one is double strike, at 3% followed by blade flurry at 2%

Deepest solo delve:
blade vortex (3.8k)
tornado shot (3.4k)
molten strike (3.1k)
poets pen (3k)
magma orb (2.3k)
elemental hit (2k)
glacial cascade (1.6k)
the first melee statstick build is blade flurry at 1.1k

Now by looking at this statistics I would never say that statsticks were "op" for melee based builds, and nerfing those builds will make them even less popular. And your "changes" to statsticks for spells have no effect in standard, where perfect items alredy exist.

TLDR My pet rock would balance the statsticks better

I am sorry ggg, but by nerfing melee builds without a solid argument to why and by not touching blade vortex, you lost all respect I had for you.
"You can now buy entire stacks of currency from vendors with shift+click. This will buy the most you can afford, up to a full stack."

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
Xveno wrote:
I understand that wielding a statstick for more damage is not very realistic, but with that argument, you should not be able to use shields with 1h weapons either, because they too can give you more damage.

Skill popularity:
molten strike (10%)
elemental hit (10%)
frenzy {poets pen}(9%) <-- note that the first four skills covered almost half of all builds
tornado shot (7%)
arc (7%)
righteous fire (6%)

Deepest solo delve:
blade vortex (3.8k)
tornado shot (3.4k)
molten strike (3.1k)
poets pen (3k)
magma orb (2.3k)
elemental hit (2k)
glacial cascade (1.6k)

Now by looking at this statistics I would never say that statsticks were "op" for melee based builds, and nerfing those builds will make them even less popular. And your "changes" to statsticks for spells have no effect in standard, where perfect items alredy exist.

I am sorry ggg, but by nerfing melee builds without a solid argument to why and by not touching blade vortex, you lost all respect I had for you.

Very accurate and correct.But GGG does not really care. Everything is so unfortunate
Honestly I dont play melee that often but it seems to me that the stat stick nerf completely annihilates dualwield builds from the game doesnt it ?

The only two melee builds (I dont consider CoC variations actual melee) that still would achieve any level of damage comparable to other top end builds would be molten strike which appears to be buffed with the grelwood changes and molten strike change itself. And cleave which actually benefits from having two weapons besides the attackspeed.

So am I right here in thinking dualwield is completely dead besides the two builds above ?

So much for diversity right ?
Oh nvm didnt even see the wildfire nerf...

rip dualwield then ?
"This affects all versions of the item."

most hated sentence 2k18

nerfing almost every good unique except the fuckin headhunter?
R U KIDDING ME?

Last edited by supercerealmanbearpig on Dec 5, 2018, 12:25:25 PM
"
Xveno wrote:

Skill popularity:
molten strike (10%)
elemental hit (10%)
tornado shot (7%)
arc (7%)
righteous fire (6%)

Deepest solo delve:
blade vortex (3.8k)
tornado shot (3.4k)
molten strike (3.1k)
poets pen (3k)
magma orb (2.3k)
elemental hit (2k)
glacial cascade (1.6k)

well, people can say that your statistics are biased since when ppl refer to statsticks being OP is towards gearing endgame bosses (guardians, shaper, uber Elder) which any melee skill + VDS = 5mil dps on shaper

but only a fraction of people really do these fights for many reasons and that is where i think your data is flawed for this comparison
another reason is that ggg wants to people use more 2H weapons, since most skills that uses 2H can also be used in 1H and statsticks are mathematically superior in the great majority of cases (more than 90%)

just remember that balancing and being fair are two things completely different, GGG just wants to enforce people to use more 2H weapons on melee skills...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info