Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

RIP Totems + Tidepod Build.

Not having those +2 Totems from Hierophant from is going to kill totem builds.

Because now we're being forced to use Gear Sources, instead of his passives.

I don't want to equip myself with shitty gear for just that +1 Totem prefix. The chest unique for a +1 Totem curses you up the ass as punishment, and the Shield and Quiver are the only sources that justify having a +1 Totem without punishment. It went WELL with the Templar. What, do I have to slit my own wrists in-game to get +2 Totems now as prefix punishment? I mean, come on...

No thanks, GGG. That was a bad call.
Last edited by raysuko on Dec 4, 2018, 2:29:02 PM
"
gadam93 wrote:

I dont see how GGG would actually be that stupid and make this a straight up nerf. I'm pretty sure the new mechanic will make dual-wielding interesting again and open up more possibilities for new builds or just using skills that nobody uses atm.

There is no new mechanic. what makes you think there is? This was today their TL;DR for the patch notes. If there were major changes, they would have been in this post.
"
raysuko wrote:
RIP Totems + Tidepod Build.

Not having those +2 Totems from Hierophant from is going to kill totem builds.

Because now we're being forced to use Gear Sources, instead of his passives.

I don't want to equip myself with shitty gear for just that +1 Totem prefix.

No thanks. That was a bad call from you, GGG.

you still can use whatever ascendancy you want the +2 totems wont be lost
Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
Posted by Bex_GGG on Dec 5, 2018, 12:35:38 AM
we know where the priorities are...and we know what you mean by "effects"
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"
gadam93 wrote:

I dont see how GGG would actually be that stupid and make this a straight up nerf. I'm pretty sure the new mechanic will make dual-wielding interesting again and open up more possibilities for new builds or just using skills that nobody uses atm.

There is no new mechanic. what makes you think there is? This was today their TL;DR for the patch notes. If there were major changes, they would have been in this post.

have you ever read any of their patch notes?
and sometimes they change stuff and dont write it out at all
"
Feredhel wrote:

Dude... it's only going to be a +1 now.

The new change is making it so when you summon a totem, you now summon 2; not adding to it's total totem pool. It's like the Necromancer's passive that let's you summon more then one Skeleton at once, summoning instead 3 per cast.

So yes, we lost the +2. They even said so.
Last edited by raysuko on Dec 4, 2018, 2:32:39 PM
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
"
gadam93 wrote:

The new mechanic is that skills now actually use both weapons at once and we don't now how this will actually scale at all. What pisses me off is that everyone seems to be SOOO certain that this change will KILL melee even tho we dont even know how this will work AT ALL yet.
Calm your tits and just wait for the actual patchnotes before you call anything OP or DEAD.

And if you really believe everything is just cleave now you might be a little retarded.
Ingame Name: GadamDesync
Last edited by gadam93 on Dec 4, 2018, 2:37:37 PM
"
raysuko wrote:
"
Feredhel wrote:

Dude... it's only going to be a +1 now.

The new change is making it so when you summon a totem, you now summon 2; not adding to it's total totem pool. It's like the Necromancer's passive that let's you summon more then one Skeleton at once, summoning instead 3 per cast.

So yes, we lost the +2. They even said so.

oh it was in that part of the text...
i havent read the rchetype thing yet seemed a bit like
"we force this on you" in the first paragraph

edit: they might not force but "convince" us...

yeah found it your right...but what about chernobogs pillar? not perfect but its something
Last edited by Feredhel on Dec 4, 2018, 2:39:01 PM
"
Unique items that dramatically affected diversity in an item slot would be addressed, either by nerfing excessive power, or by looking at what else was available in that item slot.

Hello, headhunter! Koam's!

Shall they finally be adjusted to be more common or not so bloody *must have* items to make builds functional (Koam's, in particular).

And why not move Zealot's Oath over to the ES side of the tree - it's current location is of little use and a lot of points - esp when one want's to pick up some regen nodes to supplement their ES recharge.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
Last edited by BlaqWolf on Dec 4, 2018, 3:13:32 PM
"
Feredhel wrote:

oh it was in that part of the text...
i havent read the rchetype thing yet seemed a bit like

Clearly, as you go on to tell someone else about reading patch notes above.

Tsk, tsk.

"
Feredhel wrote:

edit: they might not force but "convince" us...

If it's a change, it's forced.
Last edited by raysuko on Dec 4, 2018, 2:44:48 PM
wow why dont u just nerf the rare modifiers instead u killed stack stick completly...leveln with sunder is now SH*t, withour a princess its just useless

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info