Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

"
ThunderBiome wrote:
"
In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks, through the following changes:
You will no longer be able to use skills that require a specific weapon equipped if you are dual-wielding and one of your equipped weapons is unsuitable for that skill.
Skills that could be used with two weapons, but were main-hand-only when used, now use both weapons when dual wielding.

Doesn't this nerf the entire flexibility of skills. a 1-handed sword with a daggar is an ideal dual combo. It's already the wand situation, but melee skills have all been nerfed (you can still do many spells with daggers

Yes it was a very bad nerf.

I believe these backwards build breaking moves are a tool to push people to new skills which will have new scaling mechanic so stat sticks are not needed there anyway and it will make new skills look great (oh look new skill adoption is fantastic, well yeah .... you killed 20% of strong builds so no shit people switched)

"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
its ok to nerf stat sticks
but what about buffing melee? seriously, buff RT, buff brutality support, buff melee damage nodes, buff cyclone. melee builds need some love.

Melee is still super strong...albeit melee relies on a few select skills that are super strong....

Most encounters heavily favours ranged though, so you could argue that melee had an inherit disadvantage there.

Anything with molten strike will still be god tier facetanking.

Cyclone never recovered from the 50% less dam nerf on the first hit making it a bit bluh on singletarget. Oh well this brings it in line with all other melee skills except for molten strike.
Changes are always nice, new meta will be fun to explore.
I am kinda bummed by the lack of actual info in this post though. It really feels like a teaser to Patch Notes (as if we needed more teasers, lol).
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal
In 3.5.0 we are removing the ability to use stat sticks

OUH MY GOAOAOAOAOOD...
"
Blaeknight wrote:
Nerf Zerphi's Last Breath ggg pls

I dont get it. You cant play with it in the game? I'm struggling to see how is this going to make you enjoy the game more?

This game is not pvp so asking for nerfs is just beyond confusing. Just dont use it.
"
Erzk3tzer wrote:
was highly motivated, to play again this league, after reading, what you did there again, will safe me alot time, kthxbye

ty c u, soon plis, within week, ok ty
The reason it doesn't really matter is because only a few cookie cutter builds that can do t16 vaal temple, uber's, and corrupt 8mod t15's, are worth building to begin with. Those won't really be affected by these changes.

Speed meta for currency will always remain, and there's no shortage of options there.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Last edited by ಥ_ಥ on Dec 4, 2018, 1:53:07 AM
"
Innomen wrote:
Yay more gifts to the legacyied-gentry! A bigger fuck you to SSF! HH EVEN MORE IMPOSSIBLE TO ACQUIRE! Awesome!

/sigh

Big fuck you to people in standard too. Get a build, get the gear, get bent.

What is the point of grinding gear if after each league you can throw it all away?
so instead of going for some of the most broken builds in the game?(pp vd)

They nerf stat sticks instead?

Question.: Who let the monkeys into the development team?

And to top it off predefined paths LOL

please stop.
What is the point of the Heiro totem node change?! You are adding a totem support gem that gives +2 to max totems and summon 2 totems at a time, so what? Are heiros going to need to use that for the bonus max totems it gives despite the other effect just being a clone of their new ascendancy? What was the actual point of this change? Like sure okay lower the max totems but don't give the effect of a new support gem into the ascendancy when their going to most likely need to use it anyway to make up for the loss of an additional totem anyway.

Like between that and the statstick change it's like no one at the balance team even thinks sometimes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info