Balance Changes in Path of Exile: Betrayal

Nice! Now it might make sense to play two-handed or dual wield builds again.
Going to have to try to break something unintended...
Shook Hands with Chris - Check
Got Picture next to Chris - Check
Life Complete - Check
The nerf to Shaper stat sticks were very much needed, but it's sad to see the OG stat sticks like Prismatic Eclpise, Soul Taker, Death's Hand etc are going to be pretty much deleted by this.

And I hope that certain movement skills are still usable with dual wield after this, such as Whirling Blades.

Oh, and plz nerf spell sticks
Try to get anything killed at melee range in a game that introduced infinite dungeon on Delves now.
"
Elpinnen wrote:
The nerf to Shaper stat sticks were very much needed, but it's sad to see the OG stat sticks like Prismatic Eclpise, Soul Taker, Death's Hand etc are going to be pretty much deleted by this.

And I hope that certain movement skills are still usable with dual wield after this, such as Whirling Blades.

Oh, and plz nerf spell sticks

oh god i forgot about that. Rip whirling then.
Yep. It is bullshit.

I dont believe balance is the purpose any more. The purpose is to kill builds regularly so people need to reroll and dont feel comfortable or used to the mechanics. Just freakn kill meta issue new meta skills and gear, rinse and repeat.

"
Freeloaderz wrote:
GGG did you know that most of the complaints about stat sticks where about the OP shaper mods and not the actual mechanic? There was nothing wrong with uniques like Prismatic Eclipse or Princess Sabre enabling this interesting mechanic.

Should have just nerfed the Shaper values to fix this.

Also the most OP melee skill was Molten Strike which didnt even use stat sticks and will now be even more powerful compared to all the melee skills you just thrashed.

+1 What he said
ye this will help diversify builds with removing melee. now just limit molten strike to 3 projectile so we can all go play summoner

p.s. imo, it was op, but it was also interesting mechanic, and straight up removing it feels like shit
Last edited by fidodidohr on Dec 3, 2018, 9:04:57 PM
Melee builds have always been at a disadvantage...
Completely removing stat sticks for melee uses is such an awful idea.
I would be ok with a nerf, but a complete destruction of a mechanic?
You just killed dual wielding for melee builds.
RIP
«PVP» -- PVP Guild. Recruiting!

Pm me for: 1v1s / 2v2s / 3v3s / CTFs!
RIP melee. Back to pathfinder :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info