3.5 Abyssal Summoner guide

I wanted to do that, but still don't have the recipe :'(
Grimlock, do you thik is worth to spec into Mind Over Matter (maybe putting out some of the skill duration nodes and putting out 1 aura) or maybe some Block nodes and mistress of sacrifice/Bone offering to increase Tankiness?
Last edited by Revanroi on Dec 14, 2018, 2:57:26 AM
"
Grimlock, do you thik is worth to spec into Mind Over Matter (maybe putting out some of the skill duration nodes and putting out 1 aura) or maybe some Block nodes and mistress of sacrifice/Bone offering to increase Tankiness?

In short, no, i think you'd want a different tree altogether if looking at block or mom.

First, i think anything under 3k mana is better used as auras. Cold damage (hatred) chilling and freezing is good stuff for keeping you alive. Haste, purities, anger, grace/vaal grace, blaspemy + enfeeble/temp chains are all better in my opinion than mom.

Second, the duration nodes are a great investment. They significantly increase mapping time, making them just as good as iiq or iir over the long run. Also not having to stop and cast spells is excellent for defence

Finally, block is almost impossible to synergise with acrobatics, which reduces your block chance. Bone offering is still wonderful for your minions to survive. I've spent hours trying to get max block and max dodge but the reality is, at 50% existing chance, just 15 extra dodge/spell points is worth 45% block! Better to spend your resources on damage, life, or utility like vaal grace.
"
grimlock9999 wrote:
"
Second, the duration nodes are a great investment. They significantly increase mapping time, making them just as good as iiq or iir over the long run. Also not having to stop and cast spells is excellent for defence

Finally, block is almost impossible to synergise with acrobatics, which reduces your block chance. Bone offering is still wonderful for your minions to survive. I've spent hours trying to get max block and max dodge but the reality is, at 50% existing chance, just 15 extra dodge/spell points is worth 45% block! Better to spend your resources on damage, life, or utility like vaal grace.

I usually have to resummon contantly in harder encounters (AKA Syndicate, mainly) because minions are constantly diying, so I think the duration is not worth 6 points and an ascendancy, but is a personal impresion. Also I am not using Bone offering, maybe worth trying
Last edited by Revanroi on Dec 14, 2018, 8:21:50 AM
"
I usually have to resummon contantly in harder encounters (AKA Syndicate, mainly) because minions are constantly diying, so I think the duration is not worth 6 points and an ascendancy, but is a personal impresion. Also I am not using Bone offering, maybe worth trying

Yeah, these syndicate fights are not suited to skeletons and phantasms. They make me want to run earendels + instability... just put 10 skellies in a fortress, grenade style!

My thinking is that once you get your build synergy happening, 90% of your time is running and casting with no real threats. Therefore Even with having to resummon in hard fights, the duration nodes still give good value for money.

Bone offering is definitely worth trying. I never looked back.
"
Just a heads up. I'm playing ssf and was able to use the bestairy recipe for a unique staff. Got a soulwrest first try.

It might be worth hunting beasts instead of currency.

Wow, so cool! Congrats on that!
binaryreed
some of these syndicate are strong i keep dying to ones with strong AoE that destroys all my skellys army and phantasm if they are in intervention they just port to you when you run and Aoe RiP

i think getting the soul of lunaris for that fewer dodge and projectile what type of damage do you think the immortal syndicate do? i looked everywhere but have no clue
Last edited by deyalord on Dec 15, 2018, 2:38:23 AM
Each syndicate member does different abilities and damage. They are not easy fights! Still, i haven't died yet using summon and run tactics, with flasks ready for when they teleport on top of you and unload their damage.
Hi Grimlock! Could you explain how you are reliably procing shock against bosses? TY
Finally scraped up a budget after playing Winter Orb for a bit. I like a lot of the options you've taken with the build, like going for evasion (BIG this league, for sure). Shroud is a nice touch when you think about the auras elemental skeleton scaling uses, and the gloves. I've played Soulwrest a ton last league but it never occurred to me to try out that chest even though I use it on casters/frost blades a ton.

As for Syndicates, my first guy this league was pure skeletons, and I didn't have much trouble up to the yellows I did until I shelved that character. I'm sure the reds are a different story, but that's true of every character right now; they're extremely overtuned at the high end. My WO guy was having a really bad time even if the map and map boss themselves were cake.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info