3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

For non EB Version:

https://pastebin.com/hQ4Ycdum
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:
So why not just not use Eldritch Battery, that way we can still use forbidden power and arcane surge since that's a lot of damage lost. Then we just remove purity of elements because I think we have more than enough res available with boots/shield, and can still have a lot of mana to cast totems, esp if we use the new totem support. That wake node doesn't seem to add much, it only freezes chilled enemies, and hypothermia only works on chilled enemies so we def can't use ele focus. And if chilling shaper is pretty much useless then hypo doesn't really do anything.

You can, I'll post a POB for non Eldritch battery. You have to use another pair of gloves because mana is not that sustainable with void bringers.

But I personally prefer EB for Hardcore. Because I can easily use health flask and my energy shield isn't insta depleted.

Yeah fair enough, I was thinking demon stitchers might be interesting otherwise maligaros/rare gloves. Thanks for keeping up man I know you got like four other builds to maintain aha! Appreciate all your help. Also was thinking may as well throw on wise oak for a 20k dps boost if you keep light/cold res even. Actually on second thought could just use a sulphur flask for a bigger dps boost, or just a utility flask, not worth the res balancing headache for 20k.
Last edited by an1drag0n on Dec 6, 2018, 9:17:27 PM
Ignorant question, which order would one take the ascendancy in your EB version?
Would be awsome if you find the time for a leveling guide somehow. Is it pretty much rush for ancestral bond and MoM and go for life and dmg nodes? I assume you dont go out of your way to get crit nodes?
If my newish eyes are reading this right it almost seems better to do self-cast arc for the first 36ish levels. Then pop Ancestral Bond with the totem support gem and first ascendancy. I was also thinking that it's Void Beacon > Frigid Wake > Withering Presence > Wicked Ward? Maybe?
Last edited by daggeron on Dec 6, 2018, 10:28:30 PM
I'm of the opinion that for leveling you would do arc totems as soon as you grab ancestral bond, and the first ascendency node would be wicked ward imo as the other nodes don't do anything until you start converting your damage. This is the main issue with the build honestly is that occultist is only strong once you have the rings/uniques(chest&helm) and chaos wep, as before that the ascendency really doesn't do a whole lot.

The good news is the uniques aren't particularly expensive, but I'd expect the rings to be ~15c early league, and ofc the issue with the chest is having to 6l it. A shaped weapon with chaos can be a bit expensive as well, and idk how soon decent ones will show up.

Honestly I think starting the league as this build/occultist might be a bit rough, but if you want a build that will take you all the way to the end with relatively low investment in comparison to other builds then it's def a good choice. If you're looking for just a starter build and then to transition into another build later on, maybe look to OP's own scorching ray totem build or a heiro arc totem build.

All of this is what I think btw I haven't actually used/started this build, might not be as bad early as I'm thinking.
"
daggeron wrote:
Ignorant question, which order would one take the ascendancy in your EB version?

1. Void Beacon
2. Withering Presence
3. Frigin Wake
4. Wicked Ward
"
daggeron wrote:
If my newish eyes are reading this right it almost seems better to do self-cast arc for the first 36ish levels. Then pop Ancestral Bond with the totem support gem and first ascendancy. I was also thinking that it's Void Beacon > Frigid Wake > Withering Presence > Wicked Ward? Maybe?

You're not wrong I just expermented with Self Cast and holy hell its 1.5 mil. The chaos conversion is really strong, here's the POB for the self cast version:

https://pastebin.com/pXTemFM9
Added early leveling guide, let me know if you want something specific mentioned
Hi, nice build. You planning to use this on league start? Which version would you recommend for softcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info