3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

I'll be going with this build as a league starter as well I think, the actual start might be a bit rough but with a bit of decent rng getting the uniques should be pretty easy. I am a bit worried about survivability with this new tree though, I get why you went eldritch battery as the mana costs are quite high but with only 30% of damage going to mana and a 3k life pool I feel like one-shots will be quite frequent with ES not covering our life. Unless I'm missing some mitigation/mechanic that will prevent this?
"
an1drag0n wrote:
I'll be going with this build as a league starter as well I think, the actual start might be a bit rough but with a bit of decent rng getting the uniques should be pretty easy. I am a bit worried about survivability with this new tree though, I get why you went eldritch battery as the mana costs are quite high but with only 30% of damage going to mana and a 3k life pool I feel like one-shots will be quite frequent with ES not covering our life. Unless I'm missing some mitigation/mechanic that will prevent this?

Eldrtich battery is getting a buff, spending ES for skill does not prevent recharge. And with wicked ward we should constantly have it up.

the HP pool is 8k, and our totems will freeze everything. However if you still feel like it's not enough, unspec some damage nodes and put them into life and es ndoes. But I personally feel like 8k ehp feels sufficent.
Also, with EB we can run at least 3 auras and use voidbringer. Which is why the damage is so high. 1.5 mil in unreachable for normal arc totem builds.

Running the following auras:

Purity of elements
Wrath
Discipline
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:

Eldrtich battery is getting a buff, spending ES for skill does not prevent recharge. And with wicked ward we should constantly have it up.

the HP pool is 8k, and our totems will freeze everything. However if you still feel like it's not enough, unspec some damage nodes and put them into life and es ndoes. But I personally feel like 8k ehp feels sufficent.

Ah I see, yeah an 8k hp pool is plenty especially since I'll be going SC. The damage really is insane with the investment required! Thanks for the build man, looking forward to destroying the endgame with it!

Also quick question, do you recommend running the multiple totem support on a 4/5/6 link? Or if we/when we get a +1 totem shield just stick with ele focus. Hopefully POB updates and we can get a better idea of the numbers aha. I do like the idea of summoning two totems at once though, seems like good quality of life.
"
an1drag0n wrote:
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:

Ah I see, yeah an 8k hp pool is plenty especially since I'll be going SC. The damage really is insane with the investment required! Thanks for the build man, looking forward to destroying the endgame with it!

Also quick question, do you recommend running the multiple totem support on a 4/5/6 link? Or if we/when we get a +1 totem shield just stick with ele focus. Hopefully POB updates and we can get a better idea of the numbers aha. I do like the idea of summoning two totems at once though, seems like good quality of life.

Multi totems support I am not certain about but probably is better for clear speed. +1 totem is probably is a must for an extra 1/3 damage or can use troll timber if going hardcore.

I've just updated pob and the guide recently, will put up a leveling guide soon.

I am busy maintaining multiple guides and sadly I'll be going SR RF totems as my starter and do this build at sometime later during the league. But I will test the build on standard as the patch comes out and posts vids.

All my builds are run on hardcore except for the testing stage which is initially done on standard.
Well looks like a nice build and since i recently did a (ele hit ) totem build and realized that totem playstyle isn’t bad and boring as I thought before I think I will try this build next league.

But some questions:

First of all you say it shatters enemys.... but you use ele focus. Do i miss something?

Then how would you start into a new league? Just as a generic arc totem build and respect when you got the required gear?
Or would it work straight away without the uniques up to let’s say t10 maps?

And Last but not least : we don’t know how hard it is to get the +1 totem veiled mod or do we? If it’s rly hard to acquire would it be fine without it?

Thx so far and I hope I didn’t forget something :)
Think the key to getting the veiled stuff will just be running as many immortal interactions as possible since they drop from them. Wonder if there is a level gate on what drops the good veiled mods.
"
Rossko wrote:
Well looks like a nice build and since i recently did a (ele hit ) totem build and realized that totem playstyle isn’t bad and boring as I thought before I think I will try this build next league.

But some questions:

First of all you say it shatters enemys.... but you use ele focus. Do i miss something?

Then how would you start into a new league? Just as a generic arc totem build and respect when you got the required gear?

And Last but not least : we don’t know how hard it is to get the +1 totem veiled mod or do we? If it’s rly hard to acquire would it be fine without it?

Use elemental focus on Very Hard Endgame bosses only, because we cannot freeze or shock these bosses.

+1 totem shield is another 500k dps. If you can afford that, cool. But 1 mil dps is fine either way

You start the build like an arc totem, or self cast. I will write up a beginner guide soon today but very busy at the moment :)
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
Rossko wrote:

But some questions:

Use elemental focus on Very Hard Endgame bosses only, because we cannot freeze or shock these bosses.

+1 totem shield is another 500k dps. If you can afford that, cool. But 1 mil dps is fine either way

You start the build like an arc totem, or self cast. I will write up a beginner guide soon today but very busy at the moment :)

Thx for the fast answer :)

But no one last question (if it’s answered in pob just ignore it I am on mobile atm).... what do you swap in for ele focus while clearing? :)
Forbidden Power and EB work?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info