3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

"
Rossko wrote:
"
Some_Day wrote:
"
Rossko wrote:
Well looks like a nice build and since i recently did a (ele hit ) totem build and realized that totem playstyle isn’t bad and boring as I thought before I think I will try this build next league.

But some questions:

First of all you say it shatters enemys.... but you use ele focus. Do i miss something?

Then how would you start into a new league? Just as a generic arc totem build and respect when you got the required gear?
Or would it work straight away without the uniques up to let’s say t10 maps?

And Last but not least : we don’t know how hard it is to get the +1 totem veiled mod or do we? If it’s rly hard to acquire would it be fine without it?

Thx so far and I hope I didn’t forget something :)

Use elemental focus on Very Hard Endgame bosses only, because we cannot freeze or shock these bosses.

+1 totem shield is another 500k dps. If you can afford that, cool. But 1 mil dps is fine either way

You start the build like an arc totem, or self cast. I will write up a beginner guide soon today but very busy at the moment :)

Thx for the fast answer :)

But no one last question (if it’s answered in pob just ignore it I am on mobile atm).... what do you swap in for ele focus while clearing? :)

Increased Critical Damage Or Increased Critical Strikes
"
muera wrote:
Forbidden Power and EB work?

Ah good point, probably not since we are EB. I am not even using arcane surge either.

Will probably have to go frigid awakening with hypothermia
Updated POB https://pastebin.com/KkJbCi2U

Removed Forbidden power ascendancy and kaom's roots, added Frigid awakening and RARE boots
so if we take occulist we have 1 totem + 1 from shield ?
Is this enought ?
"
OGFire wrote:
Is this enought ?

Ancestral bond gives you +1 as well so it would be 3 totems.
"
OGFire wrote:
Is this enought ?

+1 totem from Ancestral Bond
+2 totems from Multiple Totems Support
+1 From Shield

So, total 5 Totems.
So why not just not use Eldritch Battery, that way we can still use forbidden power and arcane surge since that's a lot of damage lost. Then we just remove purity of elements because I think we have more than enough res available with boots/shield, and can still have a lot of mana to cast totems, esp if we use the new totem support. That wake node doesn't seem to add much, it only freezes chilled enemies, and hypothermia only works on chilled enemies so we def can't use ele focus. And if chilling shaper is pretty much useless then hypo doesn't really do anything.
"
an1drag0n wrote:
So why not just not use Eldritch Battery, that way we can still use forbidden power and arcane surge since that's a lot of damage lost. Then we just remove purity of elements because I think we have more than enough res available with boots/shield, and can still have a lot of mana to cast totems, esp if we use the new totem support. That wake node doesn't seem to add much, it only freezes chilled enemies, and hypothermia only works on chilled enemies so we def can't use ele focus. And if chilling shaper is pretty much useless then hypo doesn't really do anything.

I'm not OP, but I was also wondering why take Frigid Wake, and also thinking why bother with EB. Those were gonna be my two tweaks as well, so I'm really interested to hear what Some_Day has to say on those topics.

Just how I understand it, Frigid Wake gives no damage at all, and only functions as a defensive choice with the 10% reduced damage dealt from chilled enemies and the freeze itself, and MAYBE some synergy with the new frost ailment but I'm not sure how that actually pans out. The cannot be chilled / frozen is nice too but yep, seems overall minor stuff. Compare that to Vile Bastion and I feel like VB is the clear winner in terms of defenses, that's ridiculous ES regen and the cannot be stunned means you can use different boots.

As for EB + MoM, I'd rather just use those 3 skill points on getting like 7.5% higher overall DPS investing elsewhere and then do a bloodmagic aura if need be, and just rely on Vile Bastion + Wicked Ward for my EHP, at least that sounds better to me on paper. Hopefully we don't even need the purity of elements and can do something like a blasphemy curse of Enfeeble or Temp chains or something, idk for sure.

This is just quick theorycraft so I'm sure Some_Day knows better than me, so yeah I'd love to hear what you guys got to say on the matter.
"
FlayerX wrote:
"
an1drag0n wrote:

I'm not OP, but I was also wondering why take Frigid Wake, and also thinking why bother with EB. Those were gonna be my two tweaks as well, so I'm really interested to hear what Some_Day has to say on those topics.

Just how I understand it, Frigid Wake gives no damage at all, and only functions as a defensive choice with the 10% reduced damage dealt from chilled enemies and the freeze itself, and MAYBE some synergy with the new frost ailment but I'm not sure how that actually pans out. The cannot be chilled / frozen is nice too but yep, seems overall minor stuff. Compare that to Vile Bastion and I feel like VB is the clear winner in terms of defenses, that's ridiculous ES regen and the cannot be stunned means you can use different boots.

As for EB + MoM, I'd rather just use those 3 skill points on getting like 7.5% higher overall DPS investing elsewhere and then do a bloodmagic aura if need be, and just rely on Vile Bastion + Wicked Ward for my EHP, at least that sounds better to me on paper. Hopefully we don't even need the purity of elements and can do something like a blasphemy curse of Enfeeble or Temp chains or something, idk for sure.

This is just quick theorycraft so I'm sure Some_Day knows better than me, so yeah I'd love to hear what you guys got to say on the matter.

Hey thanks for the indepth post, Vile basiton unfortunatly doesn't work for totem kills
"
an1drag0n wrote:

You can, I'll post a POB for non Eldritch battery. You have to use another pair of gloves because mana is not that sustainable with void bringers.

But I personally prefer EB for Hardcore. Because I can easily use health flask and my energy shield isn't insta depleted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info