3.5 Chaos/Cold Storm Brand - Uber Elder✓ 10k EHP ✓ Budget ✓ HC ✓ Hierophant or Occultist

Why no Immortal Call?

I think my gem setup will be:

Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Elemental Focus - Added Lightning Damage - Concentrated Effect - Controlled destruction

Flame Dash - Faster Casting - Arcane Surge
Blasphemy - Temp Chains - Warlords Mark
Cast while Channeling - Frostbomb - Wither - Arcane Surge
CWDT - Cold Snap - Discipline - Brand Recall
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Enfeeble

Last edited by xLuciferIX on Dec 13, 2018, 7:49:19 AM
"
Zeypha wrote:

Just levelled this today and geared the character, couple things to note:

I obviously don't need a life flask if im CI occultist, yet it has one listed in the POB, am I missing something here?

Also, movement is extremely slow, is there a way to increase whirling blades movement speed or just movement speed in general?

Cheers

To all who are slow with this build. Just equip a fast dagger with 1.45 aps like imperial skean and 20% on your faster attacks helps tons. You dont need attackspeed on dagger with those fast daggers.
I am a bit new to the game so I am wandering why you are using Controlled Destruction Support gem and going for Crit nodes? No matter how many nodes you get, the crit will always be 5%. At least it is in my case. Is there a way around this that I don't see?
Is there any leveling priority path, while playing the build?
hey, this build looks nice. im looking for a t16/ uberelder farmer atm to start on 10 ex. could u tell me sth about uber elder experience with this build? smooth or a pain in the ass but doable?
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
hey, this build looks nice. im looking for a t16/ uberelder farmer atm to start on 10 ex. could u tell me sth about uber elder experience with this build? smooth or a pain in the ass but doable?

Should be easier than arc totems, look at my video section on the first page. Did with arc totems with nearly the same setup
"
Syliania wrote:

To all who are slow with this build. Just equip a fast dagger with 1.45 aps like imperial skean and 20% on your faster attacks helps tons. You dont need attackspeed on dagger with those fast daggers.

My previous dagger was 1.4 and it felt awful. Get as fast as possible.

Also you can use scepters and switch to shield charge.

This is what I'm using for now:

I have a few similar weapons listed on trade:

livejamie
Many of you might find this interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/a5xvvd/psa_branders_consider_self_cast_immortal_call/

For those of us who run heirophant branders, consider doing self cast immortal call.

Links:

Immortal Call, increased duration, arcane surge 3l, empower.

So most of the time, we aren't actually casting anything other than brand recall. Because this skill is instant, you can cast something else at the same time.

Permanent arcane surge, that lasts for OVER 21 seconds with 0 duration nodes and only 3 endurance charges. This means you can run a higher level arcane surge than 7. I haven't figured out what level i can run it at, i discovered this by accident when i ran out of chromatics on a piece of gear. Still leveling immortal call up to see the final duration. Depending on how long, we might be able to even run lvl 20 arcane surge. Apparently the immortal call duration per endurance charge is applied to arcane surge buff as well.

With this setup, if you crit enough, can have a almost permanent immortal call if you can generate endurance charges fast enough through the use of heiro ascendancy and power charge on crit. Sometimes there is a second or two of immortal call downtime. With an additional endurance charge, you could probably maintain immortal call indefinitely.

Hope this helps some of you!

This also works for totem builds, but not quite as hands off.
Last edited by Some_Day on Dec 13, 2018, 7:58:06 PM
Upgrade

livejamie
For heirophant,
Do we change a rare boots for immortal call- arcane Surge- Increased Duration- empower setup?
What’s the gem level?

What other parts of 4 link will be? Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info