Reading feedback is funny

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Coming from me that might sound hypocritical, but I'm not a slave to my ego. I serve it willingly. And I know that knowing when to apologise when you're fucking wrong makes you a better person than someone who doesn't.

And my ego demands I be a better person. :P

Nice save. Respect.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
DudeTheLegend wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
...if they reply to one, they have to reply to every single other one or it looks like favouritism. Ain't nobody got time for that.

This is why they should let us vote on posts.
Top 2-5 suggestions per week get a dev to write a decent reply,
takes a few hours off someones day but no overkill.

But then we would have things like auction house on the top of the list forever and you know.... makes GGG very angery.

Too easily susceptible to cult of personality and bot-voting.

Ehh... I still wish there were some way to sort the good from the bad, or at least "the important" from "the fluff". Isn't that one of the biggest reasons why the devs are more visible on reddit? Because they at least know what to respond to, for better or worse?
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
I think that people would tend to upvote posts that they agree with, from people they think are popular and who they would like to be like. As this forum tends towards being a place of short and negative posts, the negativity would become even more pronounced.

"
NemoJr wrote:

Yes, the Japanese thing was a resounding failure. You cannot imagine my feeling of defeat when I read "chinese language nickname". I was like "Nnnope, not even the right side of the world."

I would stand by my other, cheekier proposition, but your "prior history" theory is too plausible to ignore, and I don't want to embarrass myself in this thread any further. There are many others where I can do that in.

But hey, this is fun. We're like detectives 'n shit.

(I recently played L.A. Noire -- shout out to Team Bondi of Australia)

I think Charan and Boem are both ignoring it pretty well :p

Ok - but the interesting bit

LA Noire and Team Bondi in the same sentence has my brain trying and failing to conjure that sunny beach and Aussies in shorts and trenchcoats and ... fog?

What is this LA Noire thing?

"
erdelyii wrote:
LA Noire and Team Bondi in the same sentence has my brain trying and failing to conjure that sunny beach and Aussies in shorts and trenchcoats and ... fog?

What is this LA Noire thing?

It seems you're familiar with Team Bondi. As for L.A. Noire, someone else can put it into words better than I can:

L.A. Noire - Zero Punctuation

80% of it reflects my thoughts on the game. The other 20% is the usual Yahtzee humor. Minor spoilers, but unimportant and kinda forgettable unless you're going to play the game tomorrow.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Getting back to the upvote/downvote thing...I'll admit, I fear it because I'm fairly confident you'd never see a post from me again.

I'm aware of the pitfalls, hence the tone of defeatism in my post. But it doesn't necessarily have to be a system that buries low-score posts and hoists the "circlejerks" up. Could be a simple upvote/downvote counter next to threads & posts, while keeping everything else intact.

I'll admit, sometimes it feels like such a clusterfuck that it makes you wanna try something new for the sake of trying something new... But I think that one would actually be a nice addition.

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
Who's your daddy?

Spoiler
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info