Reading feedback is funny

Wolves as animals are not in our region and Lone wolf is rather romantic idea - therefore lone wolfs are considered persons who are similar to cats: they are doing their own stuff, they are friendly and stable but going their own way respectively their motives are hidden to others, are person who you like to be with but you feel no responsibility for them or for own actions in relationship with them, they do not interfere with others stuff, not judging, have their own head, not humiliating or elevate themselves, dont use flattery or praise something, they do not apologize or whine and mainly they dont share own feelings not to manipulate other by pity etc. but still can be aggressive against weakness others share and those who search for validation are toys for them, are driven by eye for eye rule, are gratefulness.. etc.

Closest from presented term is self-reliant.

"
erdelyii wrote:
Curiousity is delight.
+1

Curiosity is one of the best ways how to feel life, its a key to open every door.
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 8, 2018, 8:53:57 AM
"
Rexeos wrote:
Wolfs as animals are not in our region and Lone wolf is rather romantic idea - therefore lone wolfs are considered persons who are similar to cats: they are doing their own stuff, they are friendly and stable but going their own way respectively their motives are hidden to others, are person who you like to be with but you feel no responsibility for them or for own actions in relationship with them, they do not interfere with others stuff, not judging, have their own head, not humiliating or elevate themselves, dont use flattery or praise something, they do not apologize or whine and mainly they dont share own feelings not to manipulate other by pity etc. but still can be aggressive against weakness others share and those who search for validation are toys for them, are driven by eye for eye rule, are gratefulness.. etc.

Certainly some admirable traits in there.

Thanks for that, Rexeos. Where is your region?

Hahahaha, oh you're just way more blunt than me, Charan.
"
erdelyii wrote:

Certainly some admirable traits in there.

"
erdelyii wrote:
Hahahaha, oh you're just way more blunt than me, Charan.

Euphemism in its best but everybody see only what is capable of and usually what is inside of him... but yes Lone Wolf is only romantic idea. Sadly or thankfully? :)
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 8, 2018, 9:09:06 AM
Well, rexeos seems ok with it. Maybe in his region the wolfs were all eaten by something much worse.

I think it's great you can let the imps romp here and get responses.

I read some of the description as being about healthy boundaries, however you're quite right that there is a definite lack of interdependence and that's not healthy at all.

Rexeos, where is your region, I'm curious.

"
erdelyii wrote:
Yes, it is monomyth NemoJnr :)

But for the purposes of dodgy male-related wolf mythology "manomyth". It's a riff on a previous topic, too. But maybe your immunity to terrible puns needs working on XD

My internet skills have failed me. I will not be underestimating you again.

"
erdelyii wrote:
Rexeos, where is your region, I'm curious.

I think they're Japanese, and were trying to provide some "local" perspective on the matter with their less-than-fluent English. Which Charan promptly shat on because he's in a bad mood from all the PC gamers making fun of mobile games. :)

Two guesses. I wonder if either of them is correct.
____________________________________________________________________________________

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
____________________________________________________________________________________
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Rexeos wrote:
Wolfs as animals are not in our region and Lone wolf is rather romantic idea - therefore lone wolfs are considered persons who are similar to cats: they are doing their own stuff, they are friendly and stable but going their own way respectively their motives are hidden to others, are person who you like to be with but you feel no responsibility for them or for own actions in relationship with them, they do not interfere with others stuff, not judging, have their own head, not humiliating or elevate themselves, dont use flattery or praise something, they do not apologize or whine and mainly they dont share own feelings not to manipulate other by pity etc. but still can be aggressive against weakness others share and those who search for validation are toys for them, are driven by eye for eye rule, are gratefulness.. etc.

What an epic load of shit. :)

PS wolves, not wolfs.

PPS Admirable traits, yes, but not those belonging to a Lone Wolf. This is just another fantasy. No one like that exists. NO one. This is some Grade A idealisation. Here's how I read such tripe:

Spoiler
they are doing their own stuff

(selfish)

they are friendly and stable but going their own way respectively their motives are hidden to others

(deceptive)

person who you like to be with but you feel no responsibility for them or for own actions in relationship with them

(they make it hard for you to care for them)

not judging

(not judging vocally -- everyone judges. Everyone. i.e. deceptive again)

have their own head

(I believe everyone has their own head.)

not humiliating or elevate themselves

(Uncommitted)

dont use flattery or praise something

(not apt to show approval of things that might deserve it)

they do not apologize or whine

(they always think they're right)

and mainly they dont share own feelings not to manipulate other by pity etc.

(they're emotionally stunted and have no idea how to share their feelings in a positive way)

but still can be aggressive against weakness others share and those who search for validation are toys for them, are driven by eye for eye rule, are gratefulness.. etc.

(yeah, you just stopped making sense there.)

Closest from presented term is self-reliant

(...self-reliant is something we all are to a degree, but never 100% of the time. There's a word for that -- hermit. Good luck living that way.)

Like I said, epic. load. of. shit.

Mostly you've described someone I'd expect to be abusive in any given relationship. That's not a lone wolf. That's just an arsehole scared to connect to others.

As for 'never apologises'...that has to be the WORST trait I can imagine in a person. If you can't admit it when you're wrong, or be strong enough to apologise when you're *in* the wrong, you're just a fucking coward.
Spoiler

Another wall of text but I read it this time :). Do not get used to it :).

they do not interfere with others stuff

(selfish) - selfish in negative or positive meaning? I see it in positive - those people bring new and fresh ideas due their original way of thinking. Paraphrase - No communists

they are doing their own stuff

(selfish) - selfish in negative or positive meaning? I see it in positive - those people bring new and fresh ideas due their way of original way of thinking. Paraphrase - No utopia

they are friendly and stable but going their own way respectively their motives are hidden to others

(deceptive) - if you can not understand other person doesnt mean they are deceptive - your insecurity is only your problem, not their.

person who you like to be with but you feel no responsibility for them or for own actions in relationship with them

(they make it hard for you to care for them) - for those who would like to gain their favor because of whatever reason most probably, but its always persons decision who they want to be friend with or what kind of relationship they want/accept, it is not yours decision or those who wish to get under their skin

not judging

(not judging vocally -- everyone judges. Everyone. i.e. deceptive again) - you talk about judgment in negative or positive way? Yes vocally, they keep their own perception/thought for themselves. How they can know their judgment is truth when we as human being are changing every second?

have their own head

(I believe everyone has their own head.) - it was in regards, they make decisions dependent of own needs and not how and in what conditions they have been risen; that doesnt mean they detriment others or surrounding; they avoid to be part of crowd.

not humiliating or elevate themselves

(Uncommitted) - I guess its "no comment" from your side

dont use flattery or praise something

(not apt to show approval of things that might deserve it) - like cats there are people who feel safer without being put on the pedestal. Flattery stinks and praise is also dangerous tool - participating on other person success or fail can be double edge sword. If USA starts to praise Iraq, than Saudi can see it as act of war.

they do not apologize or whine

(they always think they're right) - they do not make mistakes and think twice

and mainly they dont share own feelings not to manipulate other by pity etc.

(they're emotionally stunted and have no idea how to share their feelings in a positive way) - they do not show even their own successes. Not only bright minds, high IQ people, usually thinks before they show their feelings and even feelings are subjected/inspected by mind; their feelings and body are under control and are aware of power of emotions vs those who can be influenced by emotions, they simply do not manipulate as their behave is stable.

but still can be aggressive against weakness others share and those who search for validation are toys for them, are driven by eye for eye rule, are gratefulness.. etc.

(yeah, you just stopped making sense there.) - because you dont understand it doesnt mean it gives no sense to everybody - eye for eye is by old testament; gratefulness is shown by bringing dead mouse which has obvious weakness and it is their way how to thank you for giving them what they need; those who seek for validation are weak and will be manipulated, are toys till will learn like everybody in this world not to self-deceive

Closest from presented term is self-reliant

(...self-reliant is something we all are to a degree, but never 100% of the time. There's a word for that -- hermit. Good luck living that way.) - as Lone Wolf/cat is only idea to which we can only try to get closest as we can to fail again and again it doesnt mean, those qualities are not worth to fight for (if are found attractive), as we can manifest them inside of us, or on contrary to find out those ideas are not compatible with ourselves.

Like I said, epic. load. of. shit. - if you want to be seen in eyes of others that way, than repeat it again and again.

Mostly you've described someone I'd expect to be abusive in any given relationship. That's not a lone wolf. That's just an arsehole scared to connect to others. - yes, your whole negative attitude is understood, but it doesnt automatically mean that Lone Wolf is something positive to follow and for sure it is scary for many.

As for 'never apologises'...that has to be the WORST trait I can imagine in a person. If you can't admit it when you're wrong, or be strong enough to apologise when you're *in* the wrong, you're just a fucking coward. ---- or you can not see your words and actions can do in long run and therefore you have to apologize again and again and therefore not take responsibility for own actions. Besides word "never" you added there - you does that in almost every post - you bend others messages to fulfill your agenda.

--------------------------------------------

Imo you took it on personal level instead of debate and to learn something new. And I am sure guys having good fun and are not attached to it on personal level as well.

There was man who murdered other person and in court stated, that he would never do such a thing in his life but in that moment it was so natural and automatic reaction that he couldnt do anything else. That was true person connected his true self. Was he sorry? Yes he was. The question is, should he apologize for what happened when both was guilty to be in a such situation and he had the "luck" to win the fight? Or should he apologizes he is not what others want him to be, should he apologize to hypocrites? He apologized for pain he made, but in fact he and murdered guy was in that case guilty both.

All that reply is here in respect and mine thanks to erdelyii and NemoJr who put a lot of time and effort to share what they find interesting and tried to evolve topics. Part of me still thinks this reply shouldnt exists as what I wrote was good enough as food for mind. I have enjoyed their work and point of view and I hoped, they will be at least entertained by mine post as well. This reply in fact is not primary destinated to you "chinese language nickname", but to those, who like to think than only to be heard. In fact "chinese language nickname" your posts are not worth to be replied as are toxic and shallow, like are copy pasted without a pint of originality. Do not expect I will jump into your game next time.

ps:

Peace,

-Boem-
Last edited by Rexeos on Nov 8, 2018, 12:05:25 PM
"
NemoJr wrote:
I think they're Japanese, and were trying to provide some "local" perspective on the matter with their less-than-fluent English. Which Charan promptly shat on because he's in a bad mood from all the PC gamers making fun of mobile games. :)

One defininely not? The other one ahaha cheeky.

The plot thickens -- Boem's alt?

You're not in Japan, I don't think - I always imagine Central Europe, but no idea where, beyond that. Do you live near a vast forest?

It's gotten a bit complex and I imagine tiresome to go through the whole character sketch. I will pick up on one part, the one that I read as the most admirable trait -

* person who you like to be with but you feel no responsibility for them or for own actions in relationship with them - Rexeos

* they make it hard for you to care for them) - Charan

* for those who would like to gain their favor because of whatever reason most probably, but its always persons decision who they want to be friend with or what kind of relationship they want/accept, it is not yours decision or those who wish to get under their skin - Rexeos

I took that as someone who's self-contained and that you don't need to babysit emotionally or physically. And that you don't have to manage your words and actions around for fear or being conscious that they will react badly to an unfiltered, more authentic version of you.

"
Rexeos wrote:
Imo you took it on personal level instead of debate and to learn something new. And I am sure guys having good fun and are not attached to it on personal level as well.

I don't think we can fail to personalise things in a case like this as we're basing it on people we know, whether real or fictional, and/or ourselves. I gather that you two (I am still a bit confused about Rexios/Boem) have a long history of arguing? conflicting views? (I have no idea of what/why) so seems that is personal for both of you.

"
Rexeos wrote:
There was man who murdered other person and in court stated, that he would never do such a thing in his life but in that moment it was so natural and automatic reaction that he couldnt do anything else. That was true person connected his true self. Was he sorry? Yes he was. The question is, should he apologize for what happened when both was guilty to be in a such situation and he had the "luck" to win the fight? Or should he apologizes he is not what others want him to be, should he apologize to hypocrites? He apologized for pain he made, but in fact he and murdered guy was in that case guilty both.

"
I remember when I went to court for DUI. There was a stream of people before me with the same charges. Listening to them carry on was too much. Excuse after excuse. Some cried and said they would never do it again, some pleaded for leniency because they were going to lose their jobs wives husbands etc.

They all got either 6 or 12 months suspension and 1500 fine. When it was my turn I told the judge "I was drunk and I drove and it was really stupid". Everyone was waiting for more but that was all I could say. The judge said 3 months suspension and 500$ fine. So my friends and I went back down the cross and resumed where we had been for the last 20hrs -

"Eagleburger", on an online forum

Also, I believe that apologies need to develop, distill, grow, ripen, whatever - and be delivered at the right time. People that demand them mess with this process, and people that give them too soon do too.

Saying sorry too much bothers me, "Sorry for existing O mighty Pharoah!!" and I like to gently encourage people who do it that I am around a lot to change that habit. I can do it myself, reflexively apologise, so that's where the sensitivity to it comes from.

Someone said to me to try substituting thank you. I like that. eg Rather than "sorry for being late", "thank you for your patience".

"
Rexeos wrote:
All that reply is here in respect and mine thanks to erdelyii and NemoJr who put a lot of time and effort to share what they find interesting and tried to evolve topics. Part of me still thinks this reply shouldnt exists as what I wrote was good enough as food for mind. I have enjoyed their work and point of view and I hoped, they will be at least entertained by mine post as well. This reply in fact is not primary destinated to you "chinese language nickname", but to those, who like to think than only to be heard. In fact "chinese language nickname" your posts are not worth to be replied as are toxic and shallow, like are copy pasted without a pint of originality. Do not expect I will jump into your game next time.

ps:

Peace,

-Boem-

Thank you Rexeos.

I do hope you continue to post thoughtful posts.

Personally, I don't read Charan that way at all. It's fascinating, isn't it? :)

Last edited by erdelyii on Nov 9, 2018, 6:42:53 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:
"
NemoJr wrote:

One defininely not? The other one ahaha cheeky.

Yes, the Japanese thing was a resounding failure. You cannot imagine my feeling of defeat when I read "chinese language nickname". I was like "Nnnope, not even the right side of the world."

I would stand by my other, cheekier proposition, but your "prior history" theory is too plausible to ignore, and I don't want to embarrass myself in this thread any further. There are many others where I can do that in.

But hey, this is fun. We're like detectives 'n shit.

(I recently played L.A. Noire -- shout out to Team Bondi of Australia)

- Self-proclaimed king of level 172 budget builds -
"Security token has expired. Please submit the form again."
"
鬼殺し wrote:
...if they reply to one, they have to reply to every single other one or it looks like favouritism. Ain't nobody got time for that.

This is why they should let us vote on posts.
Top 2-5 suggestions per week get a dev to write a decent reply,
takes a few hours off someones day but no overkill.

But then we would have things like auction house on the top of the list forever and you know.... makes GGG very angery.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info