Announcing Private Leagues

"
vio wrote:
really?

i can't prolong a temp league?

seems like you didn't realise that the dividing line between players isn't the one having the pseudo hardcore players (ugh, my char is in another league now) and softcore players (omg i lost xp)

but between 20h per day players (well i played 600 hours in 6 weeks, let's play another game) and those losers who have a life and the league ends for them when they hit red maps.

you can run through acts in 7-8h with ease, farm white maps, buy yellow maps from people and zana, complete like 80-90% yellow + white, buy few red maps. If you play 30minutes per day then sure, you will reach red maps in 2months, but normal levelling + mapping experience takes me 3-4 days of like 5h game time while being casual. You are just bad at the game. Blame yourself for being inefficient :V
While an interesting addition, I don't think I would ever use it. Below are the reasons why:

1. Two month cap: I'm interested in a league that is permanent, even if I have to keep paying to extend it. This is because I dislike restarting, and this will force me to restart if I want to take advantage of the feature. Maybe not everybody else would be so upset about it.

2. The only options you offer are for the current challenge league. I'd rather be able to choose from any league that I might enjoy, or perhaps even a combination of leagues such as flashback or mayhem.

3. The only league you should ever be able to migrate to from any other league imho is standard. So using the base challenge league as the template makes some kind of sense in this regard, it also limits your options to only more difficult content rather than a true customized experience. I don't think there is any reason not to cater to anybody that wants an easier experience.

4. It seems a bit pricy for a solo campaign, and I normally play the game by myself. It doesn't seem very expensive if you're willing to share the cost with others though, so this might be a harsh criticism of a fairly priced objective.
i like this :) will use
"
Bentic wrote:
I prayed for POE mobile

winner
"
Juggyyy wrote:
"
duude wrote:
I dont like the idea because:

1) THIS WILL DIVIDE community!!!
2) Which means each leagues will have less players in it
3) Which means less trades
4) Which means no happy faces, when there no active people you can trade with
5) Which means new leagues will die faster
6) Private leagues with own trading? LOL, you invite friends there, so why do you need trade API with your friends?

overall, this is a big NO for me!!!

Agree also.Really dissapointed with this announcement.Almost as much as the Diablo one.

This is so insanely hyperbolic to me lmao. In what world is "hey you can create your own custom races for friends and twitch viewers with no real rewards" even remotely close to "we took a 22 year old franchise loved by millions and millions of people around the world, outsourced the development of a new game to a chinese company who only cares about money, and it's mobile only." Are you out of your goddamn mind?
I'm very excited!!! They've finally done it! I know for a fact me and my friends will be hitting this up ASAP. Looking forward to the extra challenges
IGN: Zanitth
The smell of "pay to win" starts.
Max blocks Tanky dualist 34-40k dps thread/1028992
Almost max blocks Tanky witch 40k dps physic or element build thread/1071884
Yeah, the "It's only $1.20 per person" defense is a little flimsy as it assumes all participants will split the costs evenly.

I don't play this game with 9 other friends - our guild probably has ~10 players but only 3-4 are around for the start of each league. The rest are more casual. Not all the people I play with would even share the same ambition to play in a 'private league' - most would just stick to SC temp leagues.... and they certainly don't play enough to log on every day to utilize a 10 day league (paying to extend would just be throwing money at something that wasn't a good value in the first place).

The pay structure applies to larger guilds that can crowdfund from a large population or streamers who can do the same with their community. The individual or small group of friends will not be paying $1.20/10 days.

This sounds like a bigger announcement than it really is. I don't think it'll appeal to that many players as it is currently presented. And I don't think it has enough 'content' to hold players long-term. If GGG expands it to be more inclusive then maybe more players will split from the temp leagues.

I guess what makes this announcement most disappointing for me is how little of an offering it will be to the entire PoE playerbase (as any pay feature would). Personally, I'd like the race seasons to be reinstated but maybe that too is something most players don't want. I do agree with Chris in that offering private leagues which make the game easier should be avoided. Many people here want to run their own beyond/perandus/breech fiestas but I think that will kill the desire to play any current temp league.
Last edited by muzein on Nov 4, 2018, 7:53:39 PM
"
bfhcorp85 wrote:
The smell of "pay to win" starts.

read the announcement, it's patently "pay to lose."
"
Lordmatutero wrote:
Pls add a market in the hideout so others player can go to the hideout and buy (and see another) stuff without trade and interact with other human been

Haha Grand Autismo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info