Announcing Private Leagues

is this an out of season April Fools joke?
Harsh RNG, fair trade is dead, botting everywhere, oneshot mechanic -=RIP=-
"
EinKRieGeR wrote:
is this an out of season April Fools joke?

lol :D
I have noticed a lot of players commenting they'd prefer an easier league.

The intent to disallow easier play in private leagues and therefore the inherent unfair advantages it would give characters transitioning from such leagues to public leagues falls in line with keeping this game away from the pay-to-win structure. That's great! However, we do see some users commenting that they'd really only have interest in private leagues that would play easier.

Have you considered enabling customization for mods that would make a private league easier, but disallowing characters from such leagues the ability to transfer to public leagues?

There is the risk it would further fracture the community with even more choices and appeal in private leagues, especially the allowance of private leagues that do not have the option for its residents to transfer into public leagues.

I feel like that option would give another niche of players what they want (without taking away from those on the opposite end of the spectrum), maintain fairness for anyone in public leagues, AND put more money in you, the service provider's, pockets.

You've probably already considered (and hopefully are working on bringing to fruition), but if you haven't before reading this feel free to throw some points my way for some in-game micro-transactions =)

I'd love to see some feedback on this.

In any case, Thanks for all you do!

-L
Last edited by BrainSlurpie on Nov 4, 2018, 7:44:31 PM
Ummmm? I don't quite understand this announcement. If I prefer to pay during the game other than buying the game itself, does this mean I can at some level ignore this announcement? No offense though... LuL!
"
duude wrote:
I dont like the idea because:

1) THIS WILL DIVIDE community!!!
2) Which means each leagues will have less players in it
3) Which means less trades
4) Which means no happy faces, when there no active people you can trade with
5) Which means new leagues will die faster
6) Private leagues with own trading? LOL, you invite friends there, so why do you need trade API with your friends?

overall, this is a big NO for me!!!

Agree also.Really dissapointed with this announcement.Almost as much as the Diablo one.

Not interested....next announcement please.
"No Magic or Rare Items Drop"

This is a great idea but it would be even better if there was a "No Unique Items Drop" option too. That way ALL items in the league would be handcrafted by players. There is something very cool about that. It just fits perfectly with the atmosphere of Path of Exile.

If that was the case I would hype it up so much to my friend group and we'd buy a league together. Don't let me down, GGG!
"
duude wrote:
I dont like the idea because:

1) THIS WILL DIVIDE community!!!
2) Which means each leagues will have less players in it
3) Which means less trades
4) Which means no happy faces, when there no active people you can trade with
5) Which means new leagues will die faster
6) Private leagues with own trading? LOL, you invite friends there, so why do you need trade API with your friends?

overall, this is a big NO for me!!!

Look at stats PoE players. Every time - 20% more players starts league.
So situation is not so bad.
мой крафт сервис: https://ru.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2543329
my craft service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2797327
Now, it's us who decide where PoE will be in the future

If this becomes a new $ mule for GGG or let's say Tencent,
we will most likly see more stuff behind payments under the curtain of beeing called experiemental.

This is awesomeness for streamers:
So let streamers pay for the leagues and let them send out invitations on their streams,.. all fine with it,.. they earn way more then a full 2month 200ppl league would cost aswell its a good advertisement tool for them aswell as PoE might get some new players.

But keep in mind spending $ for other stuff then cosmetical or non game content related stuff might end up in making us pay for more in the future

^^ other game companies have proofen it always follows the same line.

So Exiles are you still sane willing to get content gated behind payment?
I don't think people read the OP? This isn't "pay 2 win" or even "pay 2 play," really it's "pay 2 lose." You guys really think that this will have significant consequences to the economy of the main game? You think this will affect the player base? The only valid example that I can think of where a private league makes ANY sense is for streamers who want to host private stuff between leagues, and that's it. And even then, you think the average player who watches one of these streamers wants to pay real money to play a harder version of the game? There's absolutely no benefit for a vast majority of the player base.

This will most likely be the main scenario in which these private leagues are used to great effect. It's nearing the end of the League, or the League is over. You're patiently waiting for the next big announcement, and then Ziz decides to host a 10 day private league. There's a cap on how many people can join, and there's really no benefit to you and your account. That's it. Maybe some groups of friends will use a private league for some additional challenge, maybe the reddit discord will host some events off-league, but I really believe that's where the use of private leagues end.

Private leagues will have very niche uses, for very specific times, for very specific people, and should not affect the other 90% of the player base in pretty much any capacity. If you want to continue to support GGG, buy some MTX, and play the normal leagues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info