Announcing Private Leagues

Lame. What is the point to this?
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
To be honest, paying for private leagues is not something GGG "always had in mind". That's more like a Tencent thing than anything else.

I'm sorry, you are wrong. Paid leagues are something GGG wanted to do from the beginning, way back in 2010/2011, long before Tencent, long before POE became the success it is today.
"
Imiona wrote:
When you can migrate Items over to Temp League, doesnt this break the Market and could give you an advantage?

You need to create "Private" version of a Temp League with only choice of mods that makes it harder with no additional rewards to migrate to temp leagues. It is basicaly group SSF or even harder group SSF. No advantage here.
You shouldn't anounce that after failed BlizzCon.

Builds need uniques, crafting needs currency, farming needs currency too - league need PLAYERS. Bad idea. You're making mmo game look like solo game.

If you want to give good solo experience to players, then you should make another "solo mode" with custom "leagues" list, which players can buy (one-time payment) and play there without ANY time restrictions. Friends can play with you in same "league" with "Solo Mode" characters only. No trading through api, no seasons, only you and any of your friends. You can do what you want. Also you'll need to rebalance drop chance for solo mode. That will give huge amount of fun to solo casual players and solo hardcore players.

But you want players to pay for some marginal pseudo-mmo content with time restrictions. Only few will do it. But if you'll make 3 months time restriction, parent league will lose even more players. So it's even not about price. Though idea overall is not so bad, but looks like chaos, and now you need to EXPLAIN how that chaos should work to players.

For players. There're not many companies which produces so much FREE content each year. And nothing changes. You just now may pay for difficulty. That's all. If you dont want it - dont pay. You dont have to pay for main leagues, for skills, for classes.
Who gives a fuck if its a feature from alpha.

Its a shit ass feature.

Do you understand it will literally break the leagues down more? I don't know if you play outside of standard or not but leagues die off quickly as it is.

We went from entire leagues being active down to a month of activity to shit being a ghost town after 2 weeks now.

Now when the league rewards are trash, ugly, or whatever have you & people really have no reason to stick around its gonna be worse.

Or when you get a fuck all shit ass league like beastiary or some simple shit people are gonna bounce twice as fast because why suffer through this garbage when I can fabricate a league worth playing..

Oh and I can invite a huge group of people, oh and we can extend this shit by crowdfunding it to last long enough so we don't care about the shit league mechanics.

Its not as simple as oh 5% of players will do it who cares.

It effects more than that in a lot more ways then I took the two minutes to write.
Just wanted to share my TEN(two) CENTS on the matter.

On first impression, I am happy that the custom leagues are being implemented, thereby fulfilling one of the promises that GGG made all those years back.(Which was always intended to be a paid feature)

Cost wise, it is effectively $1.20 per player, which is genuinely a reasonable cost for 'Renting your own league'. For a Free-2-Play game like PoE, this is an acceptable fee for what is basically server rental. However, the overall worth of said fee will be closely linked to the stability of said servers (plus the potential effects it could have on the main league servers) and GGG's handling of future support of said custom leagues.

Implementation wise, it sticks to the concept that custom leagues should not be easier than the current temp leagues, which is a principle I am personally fine with. If custom leagues were easier to play (be in through insane loot drops and/or mods that circumvent difficulty), people will definitely complain that custom leagues are Pay-2-Win or are a Paid Easy Mode. Not to say that the concept of voided (fun) leagues cant be a thing in future, but I do personally agree that at launch, custom leagues should focus on offering additional challenge for those who want it.

Community wise, I feel that custom leagues are being released at the wrong time. While it is a nice bonus feature, it will definitely lead to some sort of segregation of the community. There will always be members of the community who will be intrinsically supportive or opposed to the idea of paid custom leagues (especially among newer players who are unaware that this has been a planned feature all along), which by itself leads to division. Other plausible outcomes include players flocking to custom leagues created by Streamers/Other notable community members, which causes a massive decrease in the actual population of players in official leagues, thereby further splintering the community.The niche of custom leagues does not fit as well with the 2018 PoE community, who have become accustomed to years of content and a larger player pool.

In conclusion, custom leagues were a great idea for the much smaller community of the early days of PoE (where there was also limited content), way before PoE achieved this level of widespread attention. However, custom leagues as they are now (whilst they abide to their original promise) can pose a potential road bump for the future of PoE, and I hope that GGG will takes caution in managing this feature. As this is all speculation, only time will tell how things turn out.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Nov 4, 2018, 7:23:48 PM
"
duude wrote:

can u shut up plz if u dont understand whats going on !
it will kill HC leagues it will splite comunity

You have no actual proof of either of those. That is a slippery-slope fallacy at best. The game creators have planned on adding a function to their game. They have outlined the prices and that is all the actual information we have.

Making claims that this will ruin the game or split the community without any proof of that actually happening with this change is "posing a question" or a full blown slippery-slope fallacy.

Also if you're going to use arguments lacking any logic, please don't tell others to shut up because they are raising points you don't like. It makes you seem childish and your point feels less valid.
Never failing to disappoint.

Blizzard pulled a big one, so you are safe.

6 years for literally nothing but the stuff you added to races years ago?

It's so obvious you never played a PVPGN server in D2.

There are tons of PVP servers where only perfect items spawn to actually make skills matter in PVP.

Most D2 non PVP mod servers have modified skills and mechanics.

No access to droptables. Garena has shown they have access.

No access to any game mechanics. Because you know many games did execute things much better but arrogance prevents you from admitting that and there are people who prefered how skills worked in older patches.
Oh yeah and I am certain most players liking their FPS would delete mods like Fracture, Burning/Chilling/Shocking/Desecerated Ground from their league.

No access to damagetables. Because there is a kind of difficulty that's not just a gearcheck based on damage and overcapped reduction. Also some people prefer older patches like system.

No access to the skill tree. Why bother buying a league when it uses the same tree as the core game and you can roll mapmods.

Heck I bet there would be people that would revert the game to a closed beta state with Ruthless Difficulty and MoC.

And of course it wouldn't be a major difficulty to turn them into a Void League.

Here is the core problem of those private leagues. You only give players tools you want them to have not the tools they want to have that's why it's doomed from the start. Do you remember why BLAMT/LA(C)TIF races became unpopular? They were a short lived idea when everything can kill in 1-2 hits. Only possible to play with a Bow/Wand till Act3 till you have to result to perma TP in and Out in Act3.

That's exactly what you are offering. Private leagues somebody will play for a few hours and never touch again.

jesus, plz someone reset this year? whats is going on

I dont like the idea because:

1) THIS WILL DIVIDE community!!!
2) Which means each leagues will have less players in it
3) Which means less trades
4) Which means no happy faces, when there no active people you can trade with
5) Which means new leagues will die faster
6) Private leagues with own trading? LOL, you invite friends there, so why do you need trade API with your friends?

overall, this is a big NO for me!!!

24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info