Easy like a sunday morning.

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
Please, beginners,this is not an insult. please do not comment on balance before you reach lvl 90-finish all maps-kill shaper-kill uber atziri.
im begging you. you have no idea about balance at this point of the game so please. do not try to evaluate balance before you do the things i listed.

Tell me, are you doing this on purpose, or are you just naturally a pr*** ?

Serious/good gamer does not imply dirt bag, unless you want it to, and judging by your posts you sure do.
Completed the game? Nice! Congrats!
99% of the players didn't. Including me and I've been playing since Open Beta. I'm missing one map (Machinarium) to "earn" my right to feedback on game balance, according to your shit post.
Which is actually closer to your "goal" than players who I know for a fact are better than me. Heck I have more achievements than Morbo and he's amazing at this game. He just doesn't take the meta shortcut paths to getting things done, like I did.

So just keep "reminding" other players how much better you are compared to them, if it helps you feel better with your sorry ass self.

u jeez a little emotional arent we?
you better calm down bro cuz im about to spit some facts in your face.
now you have been playing since open beta but for delve league:
-you did not level 90+
-you did not lvl a gem 20+
-you did not delve deeper than 300+
with this information in my hands i would say if i were a developer i wouldnt trust any feedback coming from you.
your inexperience in delve league makes me question why are you even in feedback section. just to bother people? or trying to call them shit,pr*ck,dirtbag or any other insult?

you might ve the experience of an aged player but you lack information in this league which might be crucial in feedbacks you give to the developers. this is why i am taking my time off delving for the rank to give people a reality check about their lack of ability to understand game balance.
you might call me a pr*ck but i'd call myself a realist.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
You are equating "game balance" with "end-game balance". And this is just wrong. Most people do not see your end-game, for them your precious end-game-balance does not matter at all. They are not interested about how you kill mobs at depth 500+ because it does not apply to them. But what applies to them are the problems they are facing. And they are giving feedback on them.

At the same time, their balance issues do not apply to you, so why don't you go back delving and have your fun and don't ruin sincere feedback from players who are having a different game experience from yours.

And seriously, they are the majority. So please also consider your survivor bias and be at least friendly when you can not manage to be quiet.

//Edit: I really don't understand why the same 3-4 people always react the same way to feedback from players who are not on their level? It is one thing to say "the problem you are facing can be mitigated" but another thing to say "git gud!!!111oneoneone" (which is weird because unlike dark souls, poe has, aside from a few places, nothing to do with skill, but a lot with grinding and time sinking). The only way I can comprehend the level of asinine responses here is by assuming that GGG would just take this feedback and mindlessly put it into production. Which would be an insult to the intelligence of the guys at GGG.
Last edited by UlfgardLeo on Oct 23, 2018, 2:10:44 AM
"
UlfgardLeo wrote:
You are equating "game balance" with "end-game balance". And this is just wrong. Most people do not see your end-game, for them your precious end-game-balance does not matter at all. They are not interested about how you kill mobs at depth 500+ because it does not apply to them. But what applies to them are the problems they are facing. And they are giving feedback on them.

At the same time, their balance issues do not apply to you, so why don't you go back delving and have your fun and don't ruin sincere feedback from players who are having a different game experience from yours.

And seriously, they are the majority. So please also consider your survivor bias and be at least friendly when you can not manage to be quiet.

//Edit: I really don't understand why the same 3-4 people always react the same way to feedback from players who are not on their level? It is one thing to say "the problem you are facing can be mitigated" but another thing to say "git gud!!!111oneoneone" (which is weird because unlike dark souls, poe has, aside from a few places, nothing to do with skill, but a lot with grinding and time sinking). The only way I can comprehend the level of asinine responses here is by assuming that GGG would just take this feedback and mindlessly put it into production. Which would be an insult to the intelligence of the guys at GGG.

again being emotional about the game and my comments.
there is no such thing as being nice or rude in my comments.
i simply put my observations into text and i explain why your feedback is invalid or valid.
+ there is no difference between endgame or game balance. such thing does not exist because when players do complain about balance they suggest endgame balance which they feel like they are using weaker builds just because they ve chosen the weaker skills/items.

i d say get better to someone but i wouldnt explain how i got better or they can get better. its just an effort or collective information that i gathered among the years i ve played mmorpg games and my thoughts about how i trade.
about your observation on how ggg takes feedback.
ggg took so many casual feedback when bestiary league happened which i loved most dearly but gone down the trashcan.
thats when i decided i will interfere to people's bad and inadequate feedbacks.
this is what it is. inadequate, because you cant play poe for the 2 days and write about balance.
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
"
Johin wrote:
But is it so wise to promote that run to the exits to keep the rythm of the levels, away from those gems?
Tellin you that as a 25 ranger, but already so powerful... I enter the zones as an exterminator, not botherin to move durin fights, shootin everythin.
There should be much more fun advancin cautiously and havin to circle, dodge, flee, usin the scenery to overcome enemies and avoid death (wich is not much of a problem). Ok, that should get harder after the tuto, but i'm only at act 2, and there's 10, right?

3 things.
- When i started playing there were only 4 acts that you played through 3 times on 3 difficulties. So in higher difficulties you had some more time to experience the start of the story again.

- 1 huge thing right now for you is, you have been delving already. Since this league is completely separate from the main story you overlevel and get better items in the mine and then return to your current point in the game and the lore, but are much stronger already.
Maybe skip delving for a while if you want to feel challenged in the story.
In Talisman or Perandus for example you would just get league encounters while leveling and they could be pretty dangerous. So there was more of a "What's gonna await me here, should i run?" atmosphere.

- You invested all your skill points in damage output and almost nothing in survival, plus you only got 1 item with life on it. That will become extremely dangerous soon :)
Hey, 24 hours of play already, the more i advance the stronger i become, the easier it gets. And i heard that it's gonna be easier, the wich i could believe, findin better gear and gems with new skills.
Though i don't really know how they could be better than the ones i got already...

Could be concerned with balance, couldn't i?
"
Johin wrote:
Hey, 24 hours of play already, the more i advance the stronger i become, the easier it gets. And i heard that it's gonna be easier, the wich i could believe, findin better gear and gems with new skills.
Though i don't really know how they could be better than the ones i got already...

Could be concerned with balance, couldn't i?

You're only lvl 25, what act and delve level are you in exactly?
Running around in act 2 with a lvl 25 !ranged, fully offensive specced! character is hugely overpowered in the current state of the game.
And the league mechanic is taking away time from your story progression BUT making you a lot stronger, which makes the story seem super easy. (Did you even read my three points??)

I'm pretty sure you won't survive the later half of Act 3 :)
Last edited by Antaiseito on Oct 23, 2018, 5:04:45 AM
i dont know what kind of difficulty you were expecting at level 20,and now after 5 pages you gained 5 levels,so you're not playing much at all. have you tried delving yet?
I'm at the end of act 2. Dunno the level of my delve. Should be the first, as i haven't used any lift... Delved because it was challengin, didn't see the unbalance of levels.

Yes i red your 3 points, antaiseito, but posted at the same time in answer to ms death. For the third what you mean by 'survival' skill? And yes got lil life gems, but good life boost with kills, that should help no?
Last edited by Johin on Oct 23, 2018, 5:10:31 AM
"
Johin wrote:

Yes i red your 3 points, antaiseito, but posted at the same time in answer to ms death. For the third what you mean by 'survival' skill? And yes got lil life gems, but good life boost with kills, that should help no?

Oh, i started to ignore the pro-gamer bickering a bit, so didn't notice Ms Death was still talking to you, thought you answered to me ;)

'Survival' as in nodes on your skill tree that give you increased maximum life or increased evasion. Mainly life. I'm not so sure about the very early acts right now, but to not die in one or a few hits to some enemies you should have at least 900 life on act 4, >1200 on Act 5 and maybe other defenses like increased armor or evasion against lots of small hits, when enemies swarm you. Move speed also helps a lot if you want to stay ranged and not get hit.

Life boost with hits is a fine technique too but won't help against very big hits that just kill you. Life boost on kill will not help at all against single strong enemies/bosses.
(I play HC, 1 life only, so this is quite a conservative viewpoint ;)

Did you open the lianas yet? Before that, if you're over lvl 20, nothing is dangerous anymore.
Act 2 is quite a labyrinth when you play it the first time. I think the game has gotten too easy in that part as well, especially if you don't know the way and kill a lot.
Most experienced player need less than an hour to get through there (Much faster with leveling items). If you like the game, at least give act 3 a go.

Edit: Are you in europe? If you're playing in the evening we could also team a bit, can show you the way :)
Last edited by Antaiseito on Oct 23, 2018, 5:27:51 AM
Would be cool to team up yes. I'm in france, montpellier. :)
And yes, finished the act 2 i think, as darkness fell on the land. I gotta find the pyramid now

I neglected life as i never felt really threatened, but that will change now, thxs to your tips!
Last edited by Johin on Oct 23, 2018, 5:40:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info