Easy like a sunday morning.

It is easy. And please for the love of god don't listen to people who tell you to kill shaper, uber elder first before judging the difficulty of the game, they don't know what they are talking about. It s pseudo difficulty, you will need to get thru days and days of boring easy grind to get to the fun part. 99% of the game is going to be easy brainless grind and there is no way around it. Get used to it or find another game. I found another game
Well, didn't thought that my worries would stir conflicts. Sorry for that, but it's just a game eh, and yes that was just the legitimate worries of a newcomer growin weary of the easiness on the path. All the more when you hear that it's gonna be easier, the wich i could believe, with those increasing power gems.

Yes, I choose a ranger as it's the logic of confrontation, to hit without bein hit, and bein in the balance of sheer strenght and mental. The way i like it. :) I'll stick with it anyway, that game bein such a fun.

Thxs you all for your replies and advices, and remember, it's just a game. ;)

Btw, don't think that it's a brainless grind. I rather think that it's a good exercise for the brain and its awareness to optimize a build and test it in action. And so far, it's not repetitive, thanks to a great gameplay, and a beautiful, mature environement. Cheers creators! :)
"
Yeah, try telling my wallet that. Oh, wait. You can't. It died of PoE-related bulimia. :(

C'mon, isn't it a free game? Another sign of quality and passion. You pay as you think it's worth, and as you can. But i know all too well that we are livin in a society makin the rule of merciless rivalties for personal profit...
"
Johin wrote:
"
Yeah, try telling my wallet that. Oh, wait. You can't. It died of PoE-related bulimia. :(

C'mon, isn't it a free game? Another sign of quality and passion. You pay as you think it's worth, and as you can. But i know all too well that we are livin in a society makin the rule of merciless rivalties for personal profit...

Wish you the best of luck.

Would you mind making your char public in your profile? I wanna see what your doing, my first tree was really really bad :)
"
Johin wrote:
Good, there's hope. T'was but a lil worry about my stroll in the maps, and as i heard heard that it's getin easier later on...

Isn'it a bit of a pity that we should run from exit to exit? A Such a beautiful game should be fully apreciated no? And aren't there some
bonus and mysteries to find off the beaten track? Would be sad.

And the wisdom and portal scrolls for instance, all the orbs of chance, transformation, aren't they too much comon? I'm pickin them up along the path as if they were lil flowers, and they're stackin now as a big heap already... The joy of a findin comes from its rarity eh.

There’s certainly lore you can find around the various zones and if you’re really inclined to smell the roses you can read it. You won’t find special loot to benefit your character though. The best way to gear yourself is to get deeper into the game faster. If you’re looking for where the skill comes in, it’s in completing the story as fast as possible. There are people who can start a completely fresh character with nothing saved up and reach and kill the final story boss in a little over 4 hours.

The loot honestly includes a lot of garbage that isn’t worth the effort to pick it up. It depends how fast your build is through. The faster you go, the less you should grab. It’s actually quite similar to other games on this point, PoE is just much more obvious about it because of the sheer volume of total junk.
"
There’s certainly lore you can find around the various zones and if you’re really inclined to smell the roses you can read it. You won’t find special loot to benefit your character though.

Ok, is lore important in other way than information about the story? And could we learn somethin practical or crucial with it?
With no chance then to find hidden zones or encounters?

How to make my char public? Pined it but don't know if that's the way.
Last edited by Johin on Oct 22, 2018, 8:55:13 AM
"
ffogell wrote:
I would have to agree with Mr. Charan here, like I said in another thread.

I mostly agree with what you say(MrsDeath_) but the way you say it, no way you will make your points pass through with that tone :P

Ty. I could articulate myself more politely but that wouldnt fit my serious gamer act ^^
Trust your mind and strengthen your abilities!
Last edited by MrsDeath_ on Oct 22, 2018, 8:46:42 AM
I think the act difficulty progression has been smoothened out since they added 6-10, cause back then I died 100 times before mapping (90 times of that in boss fights) and this time around maybe 15 times if it even were that many. so now it's more a question of doing away with the levelling phase entirely under certain conditions (and optionally obv)
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
"
Johin wrote:
"
There’s certainly lore you can find around the various zones and if you’re really inclined to smell the roses you can read it. You won’t find special loot to benefit your character though.

Ok, is lore important in other way than information about the story? And could we learn somethin practical or crucial with it?
With no chance then to find hidden zones or encounters?

How to make my char public? Pined it but don't know if that's the way.

If you like the mature tone of the game at least read the 4 stone sigils in "The crossroads" in act 2.
There are some random hidden zones/encounters (called Vaal areas), that can have nice rewards. But in your first playthrough it's also nice to just find the way to the next area (hint: there are little signs you can learn/google to find your way through the story faster).

If you want it not too easy and try to level kinda fast, you can try to stay ~2 levels below zone level. But without knowing the path that's almost impossible in the first few acts if you don't ignore all monsters :)

To make your char public click on your user name on the top of the forum, then privacy settings.

Welcome and have fun!
(something some people forget to have, it seems sometimes..)
Last edited by Antaiseito on Oct 22, 2018, 10:28:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info