[3.6] 5-Aura Flicker Strike Trickster - 3 Heralds+Aspect of the Cat+Hatred - All Content

"
Your_name wrote:
cool build, maybe you have POB link to share?

I'll be putting up a POB link up later today, so stay tuned. :)
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
"
"
Your_name wrote:
cool build, maybe you have POB link to share?

I'll be putting up a POB link up later today, so stay tuned. :)

The Pastebin has been added to the guide.

Here is the direct Pastebin as well.

https://pastebin.com/4eTiNpgu

Cheers!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Posted a gameplay video so you can see the build in action.

Cheers!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 6, 2018, 3:28:31 AM
heey
so im lvl 55 now got the sword!
is it posible to start flickering befor 70?
or what items/ talends do i realy need to atleast start flickering?

i know u talking about its not a starting build!
but thare i am loving to flicker so yeah! can't help it

atm im usung consecrated path! it works,, for now
im realy squisy die alot! but dont care aslong as i can flicker!:P

Thanks for the build and hope it works

Greetings

Curatho/Xenatho
Last edited by Curatho on Dec 10, 2018, 5:55:24 PM
"
Curatho wrote:
heey
so im lvl 55 now got the sword!
is it posible to start flickering befor 70?
or what items/ talends do i realy need to atleast start flickering?

i know u talking about its not a starting build!
but thare i am loving to flicker so yeah! can't help it

atm im usung consecrated path! it works,, for now
im realy squisy die alot! but dont care aslong as i can flicker!:P

Thanks for the build and hope it works

Greetings

Curatho/Xenatho

Hey buddy, thanks for stopping by. Honestly, as soon as you get Terminus Est, you can start flickering all you want. The main thing is just to get as much critical strike chance as you can get just so you can sustain the Frenzy Charges that Flicker Strike will eat up.

If you are using it from the start, I would also suggest just running Blood Rage just so you can get Frenzy Charges when you kill enemies and flicker into mobs. Single target bosses is going to be a bit more difficult unless you have high critical strike chance. Reason being is because Blood Rage is not going to help you gain Frenzy Charges when you are just fighting one on one. Sustaining Frenzy Charges in this situation can be difficult if you don't have a lot of critical strike chance.

You also can run a Frenzy gem to build up Frenzy Charges in case you run out of them too. You can already run the auras so run that as well and you should start off okay. Good luck!

Let me know if you need any other help.

Have fun!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 10, 2018, 7:14:54 PM
Have you looked into Farrul's Fur? It could allow you to use a banner plus Vaal Warchief and/or Vaal Double strike for increased ST damage. It also maxes out your frenzy charges every 6 seconds which makes it so your chance to run out almost impossible.
I've used Farrul's Fur for my Flicker Strike back in Bestiary. That is honestly one of my favorite versions of Flicker Strike, for sure.

Only problem is that this build is honestly able to be done on a budget. The only real required unique for the build is Terminus Est. The Aul's Uprising is really just because I had it from an earlier drop. Free Haste, can't really give that up.

Sure, you could use Farrul's Fur too, but that is definitely on the more expensive side. Honestly, even Aul's Uprising is a bit more on the expensive side but 5-6 exalted isn't too bad if you farm and flip for currency.

One great thing is that the Aspects are much easier to find on items now.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Thanks for tha fast respond!

so i change only had it 4 linkt now i got 5 linkt whit splash and it works a bit better still not able to flicker around forever! i played a other version in beastiary, with the oro sword!

so i need alot of crit to get the charges?
atm im on 54,5 and im haveing some bad luck with standing still in the middle of packs and get one shotted!
lvl 59 now so dead means lose in Xp,
what crit items do u recomand? and what is your crit% at?

Greetings and thanks again
Last edited by Curatho on Dec 11, 2018, 5:45:06 AM
"
Curatho wrote:
Thanks for tha fast respond!

so i change only had it 4 linkt now i got 5 linkt whit splash and it works a bit better still not able to flicker around forever! i played a other version in beastiary, with the oro sword!

so i need alot of crit to get the charges?
atm im on 54,5 and im haveing some bad luck with standing still in the middle of packs and get one shotted!
lvl 59 now so dead means lose in Xp,
what crit items do u recomand? and what is your crit% at?

Greetings and thanks again

Yeah, Melee Splash is a must if you are using it that early. It is going to feel too clunky, otherwise. Oro's is great for Flicker Strike too, but the build will be completely different with just a weapon swap. I am going to be uploading a Oro's Flicker Strike build this league so be on the look for that one too.

But yes, you need a lot of critical strike chance to maintain the Frenzy Charges. Terminus Est grants us a Frenzy Charge every time we perform a critical strike. If you look at my Pastebin, I have about a 63% chance to perform a critical strike. This is without popping a Diamond Flask to make my critical strike chance lucky. With the flask it goes up to 83%. For a Terminus Est build, you are going to want to sit on at least 50% critical strike chance.

It may seem like a bit much, but it will feel that much smoother if you do. Some people are content with just having about 25% critical strike chance, but I feel that it is too unreliable if you do.

Also make sure you have your ice golem summoned and as high level as you can get it. Your ice golem gives you more critical strike chance too. I know you are only running a 5 link right now, but make sure you are also using an Increased Critical Strikes gem and have it as high level as you can. Actually, just in general, try to have your gems leveled as high as you can. If you follow the skill tree, you will be naturally grabbing a lot of critical strike nodes. Honestly, the only real items that have critical strike chance is Terminus Est, Starkonja and one jewel that barely has any critical strike chance on it. You do not need to really rely on items much to get your critical strike chance. Just follow the tree and grab the critical strike nodes.

As for the getting one shot, this is a possible scenario in the earlier game if you run this build too early. This is why I said it is not really a league starter. That and because you can only use Terminus Est at the level 50 mark. You are going to be relying on Blood Rage a lot if you do not have enough critical strike chance. Blood Rage degens you so it makes you more susceptible to getting killed.

You are going to want to be grabbing better gear and life on everything if you are running it this early. This is why Flicker Strike builds are a bit difficult to get up a running which is why it usually isn't a league starter.

Let me know if you need any other tips.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 11, 2018, 9:43:32 AM
Thanks for posting this build. I'm a relatively new player and this was the first build I really followed and I'm having tons of fun. I refer to this build as "jesus takes the wheel" to my friends especially when fighting syndicates :)

A couple of questions:
- I have a ton of issues generating enough frenzy charges especially on boss fights (running about 35% crit which is low I know). I've swapped to Poacher's Mark to help out with my charge issues and to help refill flasks when playing with friends. What are your thoughts of using the Gluttony belt as part of this build?
- Maybe I'm not understanding Weave the Arcane properly but I was under the impression Flicker Strike and Leap Slam won't cost mana with that skill selected but I'm still spending a little mana each time. Am I doing something wrong?
- You sound like you have a lot of experience with Flicker Strike. Any advice in general on using the skill in Delve? I've resorted to just leap slamming over everything so I don't end up on the other side of the map in darkness.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this and answer questions from strangers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info