[3.6] 5-Aura Flicker Strike Trickster - 3 Heralds+Aspect of the Cat+Hatred - All Content

"
draconisa15 wrote:
Thanks for posting this build. I'm a relatively new player and this was the first build I really followed and I'm having tons of fun. I refer to this build as "jesus takes the wheel" to my friends especially when fighting syndicates :)

A couple of questions:
- I have a ton of issues generating enough frenzy charges especially on boss fights (running about 35% crit which is low I know). I've swapped to Poacher's Mark to help out with my charge issues and to help refill flasks when playing with friends. What are your thoughts of using the Gluttony belt as part of this build?
- Maybe I'm not understanding Weave the Arcane properly but I was under the impression Flicker Strike and Leap Slam won't cost mana with that skill selected but I'm still spending a little mana each time. Am I doing something wrong?
- You sound like you have a lot of experience with Flicker Strike. Any advice in general on using the skill in Delve? I've resorted to just leap slamming over everything so I don't end up on the other side of the map in darkness.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write this and answer questions from strangers!

Sustaining Frenzy Charges for mobs is easy because Blood Rage and curses will grant you Frenzy Charges on kill. For bosses, sustaining is a bit more difficult if you do not have enough critical strike. Though getting critical strike multiplier is important for DPS, making sure you're getting the most out of your Terminus Est is the most important. I would sacrifice some critical strike multiplier and try to get more critical strike chance. You can get it on all sorts of gear and accessories. You can also get them on your jewels.

I know I said to get crit multi on your jewels, but if you don't have much critical strike chance, then I would suggest you get crit chance on your jewels instead. Obviously still get life on them as well. You can also use the skill gem Frenzy if you are having trouble finding gear with critical strike chance. You would just Flicker Strike and if you notice you stop, hit them with a few Frenzy attacks and then flicker again. Generally if you sit at half of your Frenzy Charges while you Flicker, you can usually sustain your Frenzy Charges at lower critical strike chances.

Weave the Arcane should make your Leap Slam and Flicker Strike free. I'm not sure what could be causing you to lose mana. Look over your skills really carefully and especially your links.

Flicker Strike is not that great in Delve, but it is still possible to use it. The thing is not to use Flicker Strike blindly. What I mean here is that you can't just hold down your Flicker Strike button mindlessly. I usually just kind of do it in bursts and taps. Honestly though, I have another Terminus Est in my second slot for Cyclone if using Flicker Strike in Delve gets too annoying. It isn't a Delve skill for sure, but it is possible to use if careful. I use Cyclone here because it is also a movement skill so it works with Weave the Arcane.

Hopefully these tips help. Let me know if you need anything else. Good luck!
*Want to try out some fun hipster builds? Check out my thread below!*
[Build/Stream Thread]
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2246315
intresting build;d

gonna try it on hc :)
"
kekemeke wrote:
intresting build;d

gonna try it on hc :)

It's possible, but you're going to have to go a much more defensive route if you do. I would prioritize in grabbing more life nodes over nodes that will grant you more DPS.

I honestly am not sure if I would recommend it for hardcore but it is doable. Most people would want to have more control over their gameplay though since Flicker Strike just goes everywhere. On hardcore, you could possibly rush into a dangerous mod or even forgetting that the map you have is running on elemental reflect.

Just be careful if you do try taking it to hardcore.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Bakukakubasugasu

thanks for responding again!
so yeah i still think i like the other flicker build ( fire with oro)
abit more for sustain flicker!

so i hope u will make that build whit a guide!
i would play that like instant!

thanks again and damn typing your name is insain :P

Greetings
"
Curatho wrote:
Bakukakubasugasu

thanks for responding again!
so yeah i still think i like the other flicker build ( fire with oro)
abit more for sustain flicker!

so i hope u will make that build whit a guide!
i would play that like instant!

thanks again and damn typing your name is insain :P

Greetings

I do like Oro's Flicker Strike too but it still feels a bit lacking in some areas for me with it. The main reason why it is so good because the Frenzy Charge sustain and generation is solid. The only thing that is annoying about it is because it is elemental damage so you might miss out on some nodes on the skill tree. If you only deal elemental damage, you are missing out on some nodes that is helpful for leech and DPS in general. Grabbing life nodes can be a problem too, depending on the class you use.

Like I said, I most likely will put up a Oro's Flicker Strike sometime this league. I always have to run a Flicker Strike character in a league so you best believe you'll see one from me.

But, about this build, this is why I didn't really recommend it as a league starter. If you start the build later, the Frenzy Charge sustain is super consistent. Even to this day, I have never ran out of Frenzy Charges for this build even once. Once you get it fully running, it is smooth as butter and you don't need to worry about the Frenzy Charge generation.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
Last edited by Bakuhakubasugasu on Dec 14, 2018, 2:34:50 PM
i was thinking of altering the build by going a coc bv route since i think itll synergise well with the physical increase from terminus est and bypass the most annoying part of ramping up bv but idk if itll reach a similar dps
"
bsun5 wrote:
i was thinking of altering the build by going a coc bv route since i think itll synergise well with the physical increase from terminus est and bypass the most annoying part of ramping up bv but idk if itll reach a similar dps

It's kind of interesting that you brought up Blade Vortex, actually. I know some people had trouble with building up their critical strike chance so as another method to get critical strikes for their Terminus Est, I had another Flicker Strike build that utilized a Cast when Damage Taken Support > Blade Vortex > Increased Critical Strikes Support > Power Charge On Critical Support.

This was a great way to generate Power Charges which further increased your critical strike chance. Trickster doesn't have a reliable way to generate Power Charges so utilizing this setup made the Frenzy Charge sustain really solid. Give it a try if you have trouble sustaining. It could make a huge difference.

Going a Cast on Crit route might hurt the build a bit. Blade Vortex is based on spell damage which we do not have much of. This is more so just a physical/elemental build so we won't be getting much out of Blade Vortex or Cast on Crit. The build would be totally different too if you did. I don't see the DPS being as solid if you go this route and especially with the tree and items on this build. You can try the CWDT+Blade Vortex setup I suggested if you are having trouble sustaining your critical strikes/Frenzy Charges.

Good luck!
[Build/Stream Thread]
I have a question. Why u don't use blood Magic with ice golem instead enlighteen? Also u can use ancestral protector
"
Egremonth wrote:
I have a question. Why u don't use blood Magic with ice golem instead enlighteen? Also u can use ancestral protector

I'm not using Summon Ice Golem with Enlighten. It is in the same link as the CWDT setup because that socket was open. I already had enough mana unreserved to cast it as normal too so I just kept it as is.

If you did run Summon Ice Golem with Blood Magic, there is no sockets available to link it with. Unless you want to drop an important skill gem, then yes, you could, but to drop one of the main gems just to get Summon Ice Golem to work with Blood Magic is not worth it.

If you drop one of the Heralds or something then you could potentially use it with Blood Magic but it is not as optimal.
[Build/Stream Thread]
Thanks you for the reply. I have a problem, the armor is so expensive for me
... Can use belly of the beast instead? And what gems can use in it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info