[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

How are we going to apply 3 curses (Temp Chains, Proj Weakness, Enfeeble) on the enemy? Malediction only increases our curse limit up to 2. Am i missing something?
We get another curse from skilltree.
I am trying out this build while also trying out trade league after 2 years in SSF ;) If someone could take a look at my character and suggest any improvements I'd greatly appreciate it.

Presently (lvl 90) I have a 6L bow, watchers eye, Shavronnes Pace, soul strike and well you can see it in my profile. Not sure about which flasks to use, never played CI before, so just taking the ones that seem to make sense to me. I also doubt that Carnage Heart is particularly good here but it's hard to replace all those stats and resists.
"
CornPlanter wrote:
I am trying out this build while also trying out trade league after 2 years in SSF ;) If someone could take a look at my character and suggest any improvements I'd greatly appreciate it.

Presently (lvl 90) I have a 6L bow, watchers eye, Shavronnes Pace, soul strike and well you can see it in my profile. Not sure about which flasks to use, never played CI before, so just taking the ones that seem to make sense to me. I also doubt that Carnage Heart is particularly good here but it's hard to replace all those stats and resists.

My suggestion would be to go farm lots of dense fossils in delve and start crafting gear. ES is all about how high you can get it since its your only defence (0 armour 0 evasion). Id start crafting a high es Vaal regalia 600+ then gloves, boots, belt, helm, as high ES as you can reach. Also you should be leveling at least 6 HoA gems in your off hand to have the best shot at a lvl 21 one when vaaling. Its the most important lvl 21 gem and it is a significant upgrade for damage.
Hope this doesn't get nerfed, easily my favorite build this league.
livejamie
What's the potential viability/usefulness of using the new Bane skill to apply the curses instead of Curse on Hit?
Last edited by Kastanj on Feb 20, 2019, 8:06:37 AM
"
Kastanj wrote:
What's the potential viability/usefulness of using the new Bane skill to apply the curses instead of Curse on Hit?

@ Kastanj

The potential is probably very low, because if we compare to other similar effects (damage over time, like Blight or Wither), it will most likely not hit, thus will not poison and generate Virulence Charges...
No I get that you would still need to apply poisons with hits and I didn't assume Bane would be able to do that, I was just wondering if there is any benefit to moving the curse application to Bane (Three curses+Bane in your Helmet, Gloves or Boots) and then freeing up or reducing the need for sockets for RoA. I guess it depends on the DoT applied and what the "benefits for each curse applied" are.
Last edited by Kastanj on Feb 20, 2019, 9:25:04 AM
I recently crafted a +3 herald of agony bow (same as your high budget one).However, I don't have enough mana to use it. Someone told me that I have to get lab enchantment of HoA on my helmet(20% or 30% reduced HoA mana reservation). I've check those helmets on poe trade, then I found those are too expensive (25 each). Cheaper ones are always 1-2 ex each, but they are mirrored. Aul's uprising costs 19 ex.

Just wondering if there is another cheaper way to use the bow?
"
zhenyaowen wrote:
I recently crafted a +3 herald of agony bow (same as your high budget one).However, I don't have enough mana to use it. Someone told me that I have to get lab enchantment of HoA on my helmet(20% or 30% reduced HoA mana reservation). I've check those helmets on poe trade, then I found those are too expensive (25 each). Cheaper ones are always 1-2 ex each, but they are mirrored. Aul's uprising costs 19 ex.

Just wondering if there is another cheaper way to use the bow?

Lab enchant is only necessary when you are using hatred aura. There are enough points for reduced mana reservation on tree to use the +3 vp bow. Sovereignity and charisma notables and the node below CI should be more than enough to use it. Put a search on the tree for "reduced mana" and they will light up for you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info