[3.8] A CI/LL Tri-Curse Herald of Agony Occultist [Deathless Uber Elder, League Starter]

"
Fortran775 wrote:
"
hitmantb wrote:
Having extreme difficulties sustaining more than 10 virulent in single target boss situation. Especially if I need to dodge a melee boss.

Is there a way to get more than 4 stacks with one round of rain of arrows? Should I try barrage or ball of lightning?

I get 7 stacks/volley on a small single target and have no difficulties maintaining 40 stacks on anything unless it dies instantly. Also i don't need to dodge any melee boss. I think i can turn my herald aura off and facetank any melee boss untill i kill it with level 1 rain of arrows if it is not a deep delve boss.

OMG, thank you so much haha. I went from Molten Strike to this and didn't realize I missed a point! I think I am going to use Hatred + Generosity over discipline for now, until I can afford either enchant or amulet to get discipline back. I lose 1500 energy shield and gain 50% damage, which is important until I finish my bow.

Chest I could not get 4-5 green last night, still working it with chrome luck.

Obviously a lot of areas for improvement, but the one thing that won't improve much more is poison application, maybe I will try barrage for a night and see how it feels.

Also I finally realized, you are not a kiter playing this build, against melee bosses without one shots, just pop your flask and stand there to face tank. Once I did that, poison stacking becomes much easier.
Last edited by hitmantb on Jan 29, 2019, 1:06:48 AM
"
hitmantb wrote:
Chest I could not get 4-5 green last night, still working it with chrome luck.

You should try 3G from the bench. On average it takes ~6 tries, so around 720 chromes to get four green sockets. That translates to little over 100 chaos. Of course could be more if you have bad luck. After you get that, you try your luck on Vorici rank 3 in research to get at least one non-green socket to white (the last one should be blue, if not, try again).

"
hitmantb wrote:

Obviously a lot of areas for improvement, but the one thing that won't improve much more is poison application, maybe I will try barrage for a night and see how it feels.

RoA is really the way to go. I don't understand why it doesn't work as well as it does for the rest of us.

"
hitmantb wrote:

Also I finally realized, you are not a kiter playing this build, against melee bosses without one shots, just pop your flask and stand there to face tank. Once I did that, poison stacking becomes much easier.

Sometimes you kite, sometimes you don't. I can do Minotaur facetanking (vaal Discipline helps with this also). But I do kite a lot during Uber Elder fight. Kiting doesn't hinder us much, since Crawler shoots while we kite. The only thing damage wise you need to worry is the stacks. And if you shoot twice, move, shoot twice, move, etc, it's gonna be fine.
"
hitmantb wrote:
Having extreme difficulties sustaining more than 10 virulent in single target boss situation. Especially if I need to dodge a melee boss.

Is there a way to get more than 4 stacks with one round of rain of arrows? Should I try barrage or ball of lightning?

TLDR Your bow is too slow. Either grab a quill rain or get a shortbow with increased attack speed.
First ever deathless uber elder!!! :D After re-rolling 4 different characters, and about a 30ex investment i finally did it!!! Thanks for the awesome, fun build.
"
Wermine wrote:
"
Slowzombie wrote:
Why are all the Hubris with this enchant soooooo pricy. There are alot of mirrored and all the others are 22ex and Up. Why is there no "normal" Hubris with this enchant ? Seems weird

There are mirrored hubrises with that enchant because they are "cheap" to make with Fractured Fossil. There are right now six non-mirrored hubrises for sale. You just need to tick "mirrored" as "no" in official

I bought a mirrored Hubris with good ES and 3 White sockets for 4Ex. I am pretty happy with it. I Also bought all lvl21 gems for the crawler. While doing it I realized I used vicious projectiles in gems instead of vile toxins while having vicous projectiles on bow already FACEPALM

Now I just dont know what To aim for, I'll try To share my gear here, I dont know how To on my Phone...
"
Slowzombie wrote:
Now I just dont know what To aim for, I'll try To share my gear here, I dont know how To on my Phone...

You can semi-share the gear by linking your profile and setting the character tab public.
Just wanted to say thanks for the build guide - works beautifully, and I even got my first Uber Elder kill. It's a good all-rounder IMO.
First, i want to said thanks for this amazing build. First uber elder kill for me ^^

I have 10k ES, using Hatred thanks to helmet enchant, Discipline and Dread Banner. But I do not know what to do now to improve my build ?

What would be the next step?

I switch "Minion Speed Support" for "Vile Toxin" for boss fight on the Quill Rain.

Maybe craft an Arc ? How many Exalts i need ?

Thx
"
Chazut wrote:
But I do not know what to do now to improve my build ?

What would be the next step?

There's another build, which is based on this one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2295570/page/1

You can easily switch to that and get huge boost to damage and survivability.

(and the crafted bow takes around 7-8 ex to make)
Last edited by Wermine on Feb 2, 2019, 12:13:28 PM
"
Wermine wrote:
There's another build, which is based on this one: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2295570/page/1

You can easily switch to that and get huge boost to damage and survivability.

(and the crafted bow takes around 7-8 ex to make)

Nice, thanks !
I don't have enought ex for the bow :/ (only have 4 left)
Do you think I can start configuration for this build without it or i need to wait until I can craft it ?

Thanks again :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info