Honestly don't know if I will continue playing this game.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
It would help if leap Slam would NOT target enemies so if I decide to use it to get away from whatever is killing me it won't screw me over %90 of the time.

Unfortunately, with XBox's "Preferred Target" scheme, that's not easily avoidable. But, while it is a "Movement Skill" it's also an "Attack." Any Attack skills will have a preferred target scheme. Leap Slam is only marginally useful to us as a "Movement Defense" skill. It's better as a trigger for other gems, honestly. Better movement-defense skills are Shield Rush, if you can use it, or Flame Dash.

If you're a sort of face-tank melee, you need to count on actually "wanting" to be in the thick of the most dangerous mobs. So, stack options for doing that. Leap Slamming a boss in their face can be pretty funny. :)
Spoiler
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
It doesn't matter what I do.

Whenever you face a situation in which nothing you do seems to affect a desirable outcome, the problem is usually just because you aren't applying the right solution. The probability of encountering a hopeless situation in which you can not affect a positive, or at least neutral, outcome is usually fairly small. Unless there's a lion.... or a bear... or gravity. :)

There is probably a solution to this problem. But, people need more info to help you find it.

"
at this rate this character will be lucky to make it to where my ranger is and that defeats the entire point of making a tanky build.
This is the exact reason I'm done with is game.

As you know, not every build has the same capabilities and almost every build requires a different playstyle in order to succeed with it.

I play on XBox as well. Yes, the Marketplace there can get crazy. But, Delve is helping to offset that a great deal. Do Delves as much as you can to help build up your currency pool.

There has been a lot of good advice for your build. One thing that leaped out at me from the comments. How is your sustain? Leech? What mechanism are you using to replenish your hit points? There's no such build as "Permanent Facetank, never needs to get healed in any way."

The game isn't, IMO, about "Defense" as much as it is about "Damage Mitigation." I haven't looked at your PoB, but you mentioned you have a Fire to Cold Damage in the build, but your Fire Resist is only 76%. Map mods can drastically reduce your elemental resistances. You NEED to stack Fire Resist more if you're taking a good bit of damage as Fire. Mapmods, Abilities and Curses can eat through your Resists quickly. Make sure you have a Flask that removes Curse, too. (Warding affix or intrinsic)

If you don't already have something, get something that gives you some +life on hit if you can't leech. If you're using leech, stack it up to max. Work on your flasks to maximize Damage Mitigation however you can, from every angle you can.

The game is "harder" for us on XBox because we can't easily get help from the community, since we can't link our characters. That... sucks. And, we can't easily use tools like PoB, either. That sucks even more. The playerbase is smaller and even the in-game Marketplace can't offset that problem, since there's a lot of meaningless crap in there. A lot of players don't seem to update their pricing, too, so they'll have "Beginning of the League" pricing, still. So, send them realistic bids for something instead of their ridiculous asking price mid-league.

Delve is great for targeted crafting. But, I think you may need to look at your Damage Mitigation plan ("Defense" is not an appropriate term in PoE :) ), first. Once you get set on one, stack the heck out of it and try to craft whatever you need that you can't find in the Marketplace. It seems that focusing on "the one thing" is the most basic strategy in PoE for both offense and defense (damage mitigation). "Balancing" defensive stats is great, but only works for so long. This is one reason why some builds can't run certain mapmods - They're stacked in one direction, which helps them put Red Maps on farm status, but they can't deal with the other directions. That seems to be natural in many PoE builds, so it's not "wrong." Few builds can "Do everything, all the time, by pressing the "I WIN" button."

IMO, the most efficient way to deal with bosses is do more damage faster than they can kill you... and to not be there when they are doing damage. :) Simple! ;) But, if you're a "slow and steady wins the race" build, and there are plenty of them out there, you must absolutely be sucking up extra damage mitigation, through gaining hitpoints or energy shield, the entire time. That ain't always easy to do.

A last question: When you die, what caused it? If it's "everything" then you've obviously got something wrong. If it's "one thing" then you've got a lot "right." (Running out of life does not count as only "one thing." :) )

PS - There's a lot of junk in the XBox Marketplace. If you can't find the item within your budget, look for good ilevel base items as a crafting base and start spamming them with Fossil crafts, standard crafting or get a bunch of Essences by buying them or running Zana's Essence mapmod for a few Chaos a run on the highest maps you can easily run. If you can't afford a Unique you need, you can always just keep Chancing its item class as you play, hoping to get one. (Most difficult option, but it could work... kind of like a "lottery." Besides, you could get something nice to sell, too.) Lastly, if you really can't get what you need, post a thread on the XBox forum and see if anyone will sell you one reasonably. There's an XBox community group, too, and some people post their needs there. You could, too.

Good luck, fellow XBoxer!

What I meant by my fire resist was at %76 was that was what it is capped. I'll never need to worry about going below that because of my ascendancy puts it at 150 something
Both my cold and lightning are around 90 so I could get it higher but I'm still capped plus end charges give me resists as well (if I could keep them for more then 2 seconds)

And I have good amount of life regen. Out of combat I have 500+ and that increases per end charge (I can have 6) and whenever I take fire damage I get a extra 2% life regen and since I take a percentage of physical damage as fire I always proc that and I also use concecreted ground that boosts my regen. And I get 2% of fire damage leached as life and the last time I checked my dps I had it up to 80k but that's with 6 end charges and 3 frenzy.

Also all but 2 of my flasks are for survivability. And the 2 that's not is a hybrid flask and a Quicksilver flask.
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
...And I have good amount of life regen. Out of combat I have 500+ and that increases per end charge (I can have 6) and whenever I take fire damage I get a extra 2% life regen and since I take a percentage of physical damage as fire I always proc that and I also use concecreted ground that boosts my regen. And I get 2% of fire damage leached as life and the last time I checked my dps I had it up to 80k but that's with 6 end charges and 3 frenzy.

Also all but 2 of my flasks are for survivability. And the 2 that's not is a hybrid flask and a Quicksilver flask.

What's your base life?

I'm not a PoE "Pro," :) but the only build I have ever seen that uses a Hybrid Flask was a Vaal Pact build that used The Writhing Jar for leeching back life in Lab runs. What's the specific thing that's influencing you to use a Hybrid Flask? (I thought those were basically a "dead" item in the game, fairly ignored by all but very specific builds.)

Quicksilver is great for clearing, but could you get better use out of that Flask slot with a unique that supports your build/dps? (I assume you're not using it as a movement-based defense, since you're basically trying to facetank, right?)
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
...And I have good amount of life regen. Out of combat I have 500+ and that increases per end charge (I can have 6) and whenever I take fire damage I get a extra 2% life regen and since I take a percentage of physical damage as fire I always proc that and I also use concecreted ground that boosts my regen. And I get 2% of fire damage leached as life and the last time I checked my dps I had it up to 80k but that's with 6 end charges and 3 frenzy.

What's your base life?

I'm not a PoE "Pro," :) but the only build I have ever seen that uses a Hybrid Flask was a Vaal Pact build that used The Writhing Jar for leeching back life in Lab runs. What's the specific thing that's influencing you to use a Hybrid Flask? (I thought those were basically a "dead" item in the game, fairly ignored by all but very specific builds.)

Quicksilver is great for clearing, but could you get better use out of that Flask slot with a unique that supports your build/dps? (I assume you're not using it as a movement-based defense, since you're basically trying to facetank, right?)

I use the hybrid for the Mana regen and it recovers more health quickly then a regular life flask (that I have seen anyway) the only downside I find is I get 2 istead of 3 charges and I can't use patheon to recover it. And I use Quicksilver to just get around quicker.

My base health right now is just over 5k but I'm lvl 77 so it would obviously increase the more I lvl.

And again I doubt 1 flask will make a difference in survivability.
https://youtu.be/NsLEfLrxBO0

Here is a link. First part shows my build and then me trying to do a t7 coral ruins map
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
...I use the hybrid for the Mana regen and it recovers more health quickly then a regular life flask (that I have seen anyway) the only downside I find is I get 2 istead of 3 charges and I can't use patheon to recover it. And I use Quicksilver to just get around quicker.

Dump the Hybrid Flask, then. It's not doing you any favors that you can't make up, more suitably, with other mechanisms. Get a suitable Utility Flask that directly, and overwhelmingly, supports either your DPS or Survivability. A breakdown of your flasks and their affixes might be suitable, here.

"
My base health right now is just over 5k but I'm lvl 77 so it would obviously increase the more I lvl.

Well, if you're running maps with mobs that are over your level, then you're going to be hitting some tough territory, right? If you're only 77, you still have a very long way to go, so it's not unreasonable to assume that the difficulties you're having may be due to the fact your build has yet to "mature" up to its potential. That doesn't mean it doesn't need work, but it's a possibility you may need to examine more closely.

"

There are a bunch of builds where that may not be the case in a Boss Fight, so why assume that isn't also true, here? In my opinion, you're using a Hybrid Flask for no easily definable reason for a level 77 build. The hybrid flask does no one thing "well," just does two things in a "mediocre" fashion. Some weird builds use that to their advantage, but you're not doing that here. So... change it for something more useful. Get a flash you can just keep using all the time, refilling it with kills as you clear, to make your clearing dps/survivability awesome! Or, get one that amps up your damage in another way than other flasks or greatly increases your survivability for really tough situations and bossfights. That's what flasks are for. For mana, get some mana leech or mana regen or something. For health, you could probably get better, more sustainable results, with some +life on hit or, certainly, leech. (Note: Mana sustain, if that's an issue, is something better taken care of other than using a Flask, IMO. It may be needed, at times, but if you find yourself constantly running out of mana, that's a problem that is not being addressed in your build or gear.)

It's a slot you're not using to its full potential by using a Hybrid flask, IMO, so why not use it for something that will really help you in a unique way?

PS - Edit:add: I'm watching the vid, now. One things that stood out - Lion's Roar. Knockback effects can really suck on XBox. I avoid builds that rely on them and don't use knockback effects as a general rule. If you're running knockback effects, your connection needs to be basically "pristine." If not, XBox trying to do position syncs with PoE servers can end up having a hear-attack or doing weird crap. My first character was a cyclone build with knockback... holy crap that sucked on XBox! :) Anyway, test out running something else there and see if you have a better experience than expected. ie: Run a map with and without Lion's Roar to see if the later plays more smoothly with less spikey damage results due to borked client/server position reporting on XBox, for some reason. (I have no idea if they have improved it from how I experienced it in Abyss League.)
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 23, 2018, 4:49:00 PM
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
...I use the hybrid for the Mana regen and it recovers more health quickly then a regular life flask (that I have seen anyway) the only downside I find is I get 2 istead of 3 charges and I can't use patheon to recover it. And I use Quicksilver to just get around quicker.

Dump the Hybrid Flask, then. It's not doing you any favors that you can't make up, more suitably, with other mechanisms. Get a suitable Utility Flask that directly, and overwhelmingly, supports either your DPS or Survivability. A breakdown of your flasks and their affixes might be suitable, here.

"

Well, if you're running maps with mobs that are over your level, then you're going to be hitting some tough territory, right? If you're only 77, you still have a very long way to go, so it's not unreasonable to assume that the difficulties you're having may be due to the fact your build has yet to "mature" up to its potential. That doesn't mean it doesn't need work, but it's a possibility you may need to examine more closely.

"

There are a bunch of builds where that may not be the case in a Boss Fight, so why assume that isn't also true, here? In my opinion, you're using a Hybrid Flask for no easily definable reason for a level 77 build. The hybrid flask does no one thing "well," just does two things in a "mediocre" fashion. Some weird builds use that to their advantage, but you're not doing that here. So... change it for something more useful. Get a flash you can just keep using all the time, refilling it with kills as you clear, to make your clearing dps/survivability awesome! Or, get one that amps up your damage in another way than other flasks or greatly increases your survivability for really tough situations and bossfights. That's what flasks are for. For mana, get some mana leech or mana regen or something. For health, you could probably get better, more sustainable results, with some +life on hit or, certainly, leech. (Note: Mana sustain, if that's an issue, is something better taken care of other than using a Flask, IMO. It may be needed, at times, but if you find yourself constantly running out of mana, that's a problem that is not being addressed in your build or gear.)

It's a slot you're not using to its full potential by using a Hybrid flask, IMO, so why not use it for something that will really help you in a unique way?

PS - Edit:add: I'm watching the vid, now. One things that stood out - Lion's Roar. Knockback effects can really suck on XBox. I avoid builds that rely on them and don't use knockback effects as a general rule. If you're running knockback effects, your connection needs to be basically "pristine." If not, XBox trying to do position syncs with PoE servers can end up having a hear-attack or doing weird crap. My first character was a cyclone build with knockback... holy crap that sucked on XBox! :) Anyway, test out running something else there and see if you have a better experience than expected. ie: Run a map with and without Lion's Roar to see if the later plays more smoothly with less spikey damage results due to borked client/server position reporting on XBox, for some reason. (I have no idea if they have improved it from how I experienced it in Abyss League.)

So switch to a regular life flask.
But the monsters in that map are only lvl 75....that's lower then my level.
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
...So switch to a regular life flask.

Preferably, I would think. So, yes.

"
But the monsters in that map are only lvl 75....that's lower then my level.

That's why you're here, wondering what's wrong. :) But, even a hoard of lower level monsters and some tough bosses with annoying mapmods can find holes in your build.

You're getting your Endurance charges dumped with your CWDT setup and a bunch of nice things you have in the build seem to depend on them for added defense and offense stats. Do you ever max-out those six endurance charges? Only when you're not getting hit by something, right?

I noticed that when you're surrounded, you're at your most vulnerable and take a bunch of damage. Obviously, a problem for anyone, but you've got some things going on that force the build to be "surrounded" for them to be effective, like hitting stuff with your hammer and Molten Shell popping off and blasting a bunch of mobs.

I'll have to watch again to see if CWDT is properly popping off Immortal Call, but can you confirm the link setup/level is working just fine? Either way, there go your endurance charges you're using for attack speed and extra resists. And, when you're in a mob and constantly getting hit, you don't have any Endurance charges left, right? Is there a way around that like finding a way to get them in that situation, in between CWDT of Immortal Call? Or, maybe a different setup without Immortal Call eating up your Endurance Charges?

iow, maybe try out one of these: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/66a2h4/list_of_useful_cwdt_setups_did_i_miss_any/

Anything specific that is relying on those Endurance Charges that you're losing?

(PS: This might be pretty funny when you're getting swarmed and keep gaining then losing endurance charges to IC: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kingsguard If you can gain and lose 6 charges every few seconds, that 600 life getting pumped into you. :) )

What are all the gems in your two main six-link setups? I didn't catch all the ones in the chest, but a list might be more helpful for everyone rather than a vid for that.

You were getting hit pretty hard by the ranged fire spam in the bossfight. Phys mitigation seemed good when you got hit by the boss's Sunder/whatsits.

Do you have any extra increased area of effect stuff? Would that be helpful, you think? You did fine with most packs, but even a little more increased area of effect might help when going after bosses if your positioning is off a bit. With multi-bosses like that fight, you might have been more easily able to down those two ranged minibosses.

I'm no pro and a relative novice, as far as I consider myself. So, I could be missing something really more obvious that is more critical. Like attack speed, which may need help, or crit or extra damage mods, etc.

PS - You're an XBox player, so I certainly want your build to be a success for you! We all gotta stick together. :)
Last edited by Morkonan on Oct 23, 2018, 5:32:11 PM
I could level up cwdt so it procs less

I definitely do not have enough currency to 5link my weapon and certainly not enough to 6l it.

What's linked to cwdt

Imortal call
Blood rage (yes I know)
Molten shell
And increased duration.

Can't use Kings guard because my resists would drop under 75

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info