Honestly don't know if I will continue playing this game.

It doesn't matter what I do.at this rate this character will be lucky to make it to where my ranger is and that defeats the entire point of making a tanky build.
This is the exact reason I'm done with is game.

"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
It doesn't matter what I do. at this rate this character will be lucky to make it to where my ranger is and that defeats the entire point of making a tanky build.

It does unless you´re doing smth wrong. Jugger can be tanky (not immortal) but it requires some investment and following the tips you got.
Last edited by Rakiii on Oct 23, 2018, 11:26:47 AM
"
Rakiii wrote:
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
It doesn't matter what I do. at this rate this character will be lucky to make it to where my ranger is and that defeats the entire point of making a tanky build.

It does unless you´re doing smth wrong. Jugger can be tanky (not immortal) but it requires some investment and following the tips you got.

I have every defense on this character that I can think of.

I have fortify
6end charges
Molten shell
Immortal call
%200+ life from tree
Good utility flasks
Physical damage taken as fire with %76 fire resist
Capped Resistances
Decent life regeneration plus %of fire damage leached as life from ascendancy.

Of course if immortal call didn't take away all my end charges every 2 seconds I'd have better physical redeuction but even when linked with a lvl 4 cwdt it procs faster then I can get charges
Especially when fighting bosses which defeats the entire purpose of having the fucking things because that's when I need them most.

I'm going to post a link to a t7 coral ruins map I did (that I died at least 2-3 times on) the first time I died I got frozen because I don't have a flask for that which is my fault but the other times after that I died because of the bosses.

"
Radees wrote:
Forgot "defense" in the classic meaning of the word, because this game HAS NOT a proper defense.

Thats just wrong. There are plenty ways of damage mitigation.

Either way. Maybe you just look at the wrong guides or expect too much if you run a budget version of a endgame build. You have to play / farm to get better items ( either ssf, buy form other players or crafting).
Every new league thousands of player manage to get started with a new character without any gear and farm their way up to endgame - so maybe you just stop crying and start building a char you can farm with...
I read the @OP, and nothing else.

I came back to the game in June. I had a stash worth of stuff to use, to level, but ZERO gear that I have on my Level 90 Scion came from my stash.

I am not playing a Followed Build. I started playing a new char, when it became clear that my old chars were just too far out of date to play the game, and I wanted to see everything that the game had done in my absence.

I definitely don't have 58 days played on this char.
I'm not to red maps yet, but that's an inventory thing, rather than a not capable. I've downed uber elder. I've downed Atziri. The only thing that I'm working on now, is to get more life. Sometimes, I feel a little squishier than I'd like, but that comes from being a tank in WoW for as long as I played.

To improve my play, I have been proactive on the forums in working to optimize my build. I have had some great help from Forum members. Don't follow blindly, but listen, and find out what works for you. If you need help, PM me, I'd gladly offer what help I can to improve your time in the game.
"
Obermaster10 wrote:
"
Radees wrote:
Forgot "defense" in the classic meaning of the word, because this game HAS NOT a proper defense.

Thats just wrong. There are plenty ways of damage mitigation.

Either way. Maybe you just look at the wrong guides or expect too much if you run a budget version of a endgame build. You have to play / farm to get better items ( either ssf, buy form other players or crafting).
Every new league thousands of player manage to get started with a new character without any gear and farm their way up to endgame - so maybe you just stop crying and start building a char you can farm with...

Really? I have 58 days of gameplay and have only managed to get 1 fucking character to t13 maps and it could barely do them without multiple times. You would think that after that much time I would have a decent idea on how to make a build but since the game does not explain shit or even accurately tell me how much dps I'm doing without looking at my character screen in mid battle I can't learn anything at all.
People say have stacked defence so I do and fail
People say have high health pool and I do yet fail
A person even helped with my passive tree for my last character yet I still failed.
I even followed a strength based zombie build and all I did was tweak it so I could use montrguls grasp and have enough strength at lvl 88 to have 7 zombies and a little over 1k strength yet I still failed because the character had so little survivability.

I'm not asking for a multi million dps Uber elder anal raper. All I want is a character that can do red maps decently with minimum deaths. Really not that hard to ask for right?

And you obviously play on PC because anything on Xbox costs a fortune if it's any good at all.
The only other defense I could put on my build is phase run and MoM but if I use MoM with less then 500 Mana guess who won't be able to attack. This guy

And I doubt phase run will even make a noticeable difference.

And based on my passive tree I have almost every health nodes I planned on getting. I'm missing 1 or 2 %increased life and 2-3 %life regeneration nodes yet doubt that would make a difference either.
"
AngryMu5r00m wrote:
It doesn't matter what I do.

Whenever you face a situation in which nothing you do seems to affect a desirable outcome, the problem is usually just because you aren't applying the right solution. The probability of encountering a hopeless situation in which you can not affect a positive, or at least neutral, outcome is usually fairly small. Unless there's a lion.... or a bear... or gravity. :)

There is probably a solution to this problem. But, people need more info to help you find it.

"
at this rate this character will be lucky to make it to where my ranger is and that defeats the entire point of making a tanky build.

As you know, not every build has the same capabilities and almost every build requires a different playstyle in order to succeed with it.

I play on XBox as well. Yes, the Marketplace there can get crazy. But, Delve is helping to offset that a great deal. Do Delves as much as you can to help build up your currency pool.

There has been a lot of good advice for your build. One thing that leaped out at me from the comments. How is your sustain? Leech? What mechanism are you using to replenish your hit points? There's no such build as "Permanent Facetank, never needs to get healed in any way."

The game isn't, IMO, about "Defense" as much as it is about "Damage Mitigation." I haven't looked at your PoB, but you mentioned you have a Fire to Cold Damage in the build, but your Fire Resist is only 76%. Map mods can drastically reduce your elemental resistances. You NEED to stack Fire Resist more if you're taking a good bit of damage as Fire. Mapmods, Abilities and Curses can eat through your Resists quickly. Make sure you have a Flask that removes Curse, too. (Warding affix or intrinsic)

If you don't already have something, get something that gives you some +life on hit if you can't leech. If you're using leech, stack it up to max. Work on your flasks to maximize Damage Mitigation however you can, from every angle you can.

The game is "harder" for us on XBox because we can't easily get help from the community, since we can't link our characters. That... sucks. And, we can't easily use tools like PoB, either. That sucks even more. The playerbase is smaller and even the in-game Marketplace can't offset that problem, since there's a lot of meaningless crap in there. A lot of players don't seem to update their pricing, too, so they'll have "Beginning of the League" pricing, still. So, send them realistic bids for something instead of their ridiculous asking price mid-league.

Delve is great for targeted crafting. But, I think you may need to look at your Damage Mitigation plan ("Defense" is not an appropriate term in PoE :) ), first. Once you get set on one, stack the heck out of it and try to craft whatever you need that you can't find in the Marketplace. It seems that focusing on "the one thing" is the most basic strategy in PoE for both offense and defense (damage mitigation). "Balancing" defensive stats is great, but only works for so long. This is one reason why some builds can't run certain mapmods - They're stacked in one direction, which helps them put Red Maps on farm status, but they can't deal with the other directions. That seems to be natural in many PoE builds, so it's not "wrong." Few builds can "Do everything, all the time, by pressing the "I WIN" button."

IMO, the most efficient way to deal with bosses is do more damage faster than they can kill you... and to not be there when they are doing damage. :) Simple! ;) But, if you're a "slow and steady wins the race" build, and there are plenty of them out there, you must absolutely be sucking up extra damage mitigation, through gaining hitpoints or energy shield, the entire time. That ain't always easy to do.

A last question: When you die, what caused it? If it's "everything" then you've obviously got something wrong. If it's "one thing" then you've got a lot "right." (Running out of life does not count as only "one thing." :) )

PS - There's a lot of junk in the XBox Marketplace. If you can't find the item within your budget, look for good ilevel base items as a crafting base and start spamming them with Fossil crafts, standard crafting or get a bunch of Essences by buying them or running Zana's Essence mapmod for a few Chaos a run on the highest maps you can easily run. If you can't afford a Unique you need, you can always just keep Chancing its item class as you play, hoping to get one. (Most difficult option, but it could work... kind of like a "lottery." Besides, you could get something nice to sell, too.) Lastly, if you really can't get what you need, post a thread on the XBox forum and see if anyone will sell you one reasonably. There's an XBox community group, too, and some people post their needs there. You could, too.

Good luck, fellow XBoxer!
It would help if leap Slam would NOT target enemies so if I decide to use it to get away from whatever is killing me it won't screw me over %90 of the time.
It would help if leap Slam would NOT target enemies so if I decide to use it to get away from whatever is killing me it won't screw me over %90 of the time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info