[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

Is there a way to deal with abyssal chambers in Delve?

Because I need to stay in the circle to keep on the light, right?
"
zweckform wrote:
Is there a way to deal with abyssal chambers in Delve?

Because I need to stay in the circle to keep on the light, right?
Make use of flares.
Just started playing this build and its a blast! It comfortably does red maps even at lvl 75 with starter gear - I was worried it wouldnt work without significant investment but its pretty great.

Unfortunately, my 4L coming calamity means that the herald of thunder rarely triggers herald of ice so i am relying on shield charging into groups. Also, my resistances are a little subpar thanks to using a janky ring and gloves.

Working on getting a pair of essence of insanity gloves, but they can be pricy.

where is best to go after I hit lvl 90? I have all 20/20 or 21/20 gems, and i will be getting some insanity gloves soon - and those are the last 3 steps in the troubleshooting guide. Ive done everything else.

Would it be getting a 6L calamity or a hatred crit watcher's eye?

Either way, thanks so much for the guide! Gear is here:

gotta do what you gotta do
"
Ultraxite wrote:
Just started playing this build and its a blast! It comfortably does red maps even at lvl 75 with starter gear - I was worried it wouldnt work without significant investment but its pretty great.

Unfortunately, my 4L coming calamity means that the herald of thunder rarely triggers herald of ice so i am relying on shield charging into groups. Also, my resistances are a little subpar thanks to using a janky ring and gloves.

Working on getting a pair of essence of insanity gloves, but they can be pricy.

where is best to go after I hit lvl 90? I have all 20/20 or 21/20 gems, and i will be getting some insanity gloves soon - and those are the last 3 steps in the troubleshooting guide. Ive done everything else.

Would it be getting a 6L calamity or a hatred crit watcher's eye?

Either way, thanks so much for the guide!
Hello, you should try to get all the key items remaining. Gloves, Watcher's Eye, and a 6L, most likely in that order.

I also recommend replacing Added Cold Damage on your Herald of Ice with Ice Bite, and one of your life flasks with Wise Oak for your resistances.
Last edited by b0moodc on Feb 4, 2019, 10:31:11 AM
"
Hello, you should try to get all the key items remaining. Gloves, Watcher's Eye, and a 6L, most likely in that order.

So being able to charge a bit faster is more important than allowing herald of wrath to actually autobomb correctly? seems a bit off to me... I will consider it though.

"
I also recommend replacing Added Cold Damage on your Herald of Ice with Ice Bite

Im using a tempest's binding dawg it already has ice bit and innervate innately.

"
and one of your life flasks with Wise Oak for your resistances.

Currently have 3.5k HP and 1.2k ES, i feel a bit squishy so a life flask helps with the burst healing, especially in delves (though the cold damage leech is VERY helpful!). Ill consider it but my resists are only a few points below max so it isnt a huge deal. Definitely will try it though :)

Thanks for the advice.

"
Ultraxite wrote:
"
b0moodc wrote:
I also recommend replacing Added Cold Damage on your Herald of Ice with Ice Bite

Im using a tempest's binding dawg
I'm just going to highlight this for everyone's amusement
Last edited by b0moodc on Feb 4, 2019, 1:55:33 PM
Since this build guide is titled "pushing boundaries", do you think it would be viable to go CI and pick up ghost reaver if we have any incidental leech?

Considering pieces like our gloves and boots can give up to 200 ES each, the body armor provides no life, but about 230 ES, and around 100 ES from zeel's, and anywhere from 60-200+ ES on a helmet, 70 ES from a ring + the body armor mod, we could be potentially able to go full ES instead of life/hybrid. Considering we have pretty low defences and are pretty vulnerable to things like poison and chaos dmg, having a chunkier life pool could prove to be handy. also means we could drop a life flask for another utility flask. Maybe, could even use a discipline aul's uprising over the haste one, which also grants 20% max ES along with the free discipline. Since the discipline is free, we could also do an interesting setup in our shield slot where we use a lvl 4 empower + a lvl 21 discipline and finally a +1 gems corrupted zeel's, to give us a lvl 26 discipline for free!

This would result in, by my guesses, being significantly chunkier with a bigger EHP pool and incidental chaos immunity, which can be very relevant. Additionally, since we're using the coming calamity we naturally have 70% chance to avoid being stunned, plus the base 50% chance to not be stunned while you have any sort of energy shield, means we should rarely be stunned (often a weakness of ES builds)

All this, combined with the potential changes like using a COC setup and/or ice nova/frostbolt interaction in the cospri's means we could have a better chance versus bosses which is where we sorely lack damage.

As you say in the build, looking for ways to cover our weaknesses is important. I doubt we would lose much clearspeed doing this, and might make gearing slightly easier or harder. Definitely something to consider :)

(PS managed to get myself some insanity gloves and have reached lvl 82, but im kinda stuck on how to level as i cant yet kill the boss on elder toxic sewers which means im less likely to sustain maps, but too high level for lower level maps to give me meaningful exp. also being squishy doesnt help, i tend to die due to a lack of damage)

Thanks!
Last edited by Ultraxite on Feb 5, 2019, 6:41:34 AM
"
Ultraxite wrote:
Since this build guide is titled "pushing boundaries", do you think it would be viable to go CI and pick up ghost reaver if we have any incidental leech?
I am a firm believer that CI is a downgrade from life-based.

"
Ultraxite wrote:
Considering pieces like our gloves and boots can give up to 200 ES each, the body armor provides no life, but about 230 ES, and around 100 ES from zeel's, and anywhere from 60-200+ ES on a helmet, 70 ES from a ring + the body armor mod, we could be potentially able to go full ES instead of life/hybrid.
Life from the base character stats is quite a bit higher than the base energy shield we can get on gear. Furthermore, we can get even more life on top of that. You would lose all of it by going CI.
"
Ultraxite wrote:
Considering we have pretty low defences and are pretty vulnerable to things like poison and chaos dmg, having a chunkier life pool could prove to be handy
Soul of Shakari, Minor God, already keeps us safe from poison. However, I agree that chaos damage can be very hard to overcome, I have a special hatred towards the Essence Drain rogue exile...
"
Ultraxite wrote:
also means we could drop a life flask for another utility flask.
I figured out long ago that using a life flask is suboptimal once you deal enough damage to reach the cap of 20% maximum life leeched per second, but I guess it can make many people feel safer.
"
Ultraxite wrote:
Maybe, could even use a discipline aul's uprising over the haste one, which also grants 20% max ES along with the free discipline.
That would definitely have to be the case, but then again you're not using Haste.
"
Ultraxite wrote:
Since the discipline is free, we could also do an interesting setup in our shield slot where we use a lvl 4 empower + a lvl 21 discipline and finally a +1 gems corrupted zeel's, to give us a lvl 26 discipline for free!
48 energy shield is 80% of a level 1 Discipline. That's how badly it scales from 21 to 26. I definitely think the thought is exciting, but it doesn't have the numbers to back itself up.

"
Ultraxite wrote:
This would result in, by my guesses, being significantly chunkier with a bigger EHP pool and incidental chaos immunity, which can be very relevant. Additionally, since we're using the coming calamity we naturally have 70% chance to avoid being stunned, plus the base 50% chance to not be stunned while you have any sort of energy shield, means we should rarely be stunned (often a weakness of ES builds)
This isn't necessarily wrong, but Kiara's Determination already takes care of stun and many other things.

"
Ultraxite wrote:
All this, combined with the potential changes like using a COC setup and/or ice nova/frostbolt interaction in the cospri's means we could have a better chance versus bosses which is where we sorely lack damage.
Yes, Frostbolt + Ice Nova is quite overpowered at the moment.

"
Ultraxite wrote:
As you say in the build, looking for ways to cover our weaknesses is important. I doubt we would lose much clearspeed doing this, and might make gearing slightly easier or harder. Definitely something to consider :)
I don't see how needing solid ES gear on top of everything else could make gearing any easier.

"
Ultraxite wrote:
(PS managed to get myself some insanity gloves and have reached lvl 82, but im kinda stuck on how to level as i cant yet kill the boss on elder toxic sewers which means im less likely to sustain maps, but too high level for lower level maps to give me meaningful exp. also being squishy doesnt help, i tend to die due to a lack of damage)
As we said ingame, you can't expect to kill any boss without a Watcher's Eye, and even then they might not be worth your time and effort.
How would you change the skilltree for lv 100 without unnatural instinct?
"
zweckform wrote:
How would you change the skilltree for lv 100 without unnatural instinct?
    You have two choices:
  • Replace Unnatural Instinct with a rare jewel
  • Give up the jewel socket and the other rare jewel near Chaos Innoculation, instead take: Overcharge, Redemption, Spiritual Aid, Spiritual Command.

The first choice is still better on a high budget, even if it makes no sense to ditch Unnatural Instinct; the second choice is free, hits very slightly harder, but lacks some attack speed.
Last edited by b0moodc on Feb 9, 2019, 9:51:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info