[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

"
Nayviaa wrote:

So im now leveling the char, im doing Shaper toxics and im kinda cool doing it, my only problem is when i have random bosses appearing, they oneshot me, or some gold mobs that have to wait a bit to kill.

I changed Fortify for Crit chance on my shield charge, to make it more efficient on clearing.
But im not sure of what necklace, belt or gloves should i go with, im playing without haste, dont have money for aul (haste) scince its 15ex on betryal, what other aul could i use? any of the other heralds?

Im struggling with dextirity

Also: Have the tri jewels, and my eye jewel makes me not lose mana, so i either using clarity

Recomendation for improvements? Just want to clear elder toxic sewers to make it my farming char. Thanks in advance

You're wasting seven passive points with your Pure Talent jewel socket, trade it for the 2-point jewel socket, get a real Watcher's Eye, drop Increased Critical Strikes from your Shield Charge and instead replace Power Charge on Critical on your Herald of Ice with it. Get Fortify back on the menu.

For the rest of the gear, your belt is abysmal but everything else is manageable. Grind some more levels and report back, you'll improve.
"
For the rest of the gear, your belt is abysmal but everything else is manageable. Grind some more levels and report back, you'll improve.

what do you mean with abysmal? should i change it? parandus might be a good option or biscos, will see.
or a rare with elemental damage spells
"
Nayviaa wrote:
"

what do you mean with abysmal? should i change it? parandus might be a good option or biscos, will see.
or a rare with elemental damage spells
Sorry, I meant that your belt is pretty much the same as a 1-mod T3 Lightning Resistance Heavy Belt with mastercrafted Fire Resistance.

I do have watchers eye with crit too
I really really need more single target damage, I cant kill syndicate and red beasts in a t12 lol
HELP PLEEEEEEEEEEASE
"
l1u2i3z123 wrote:

I do have watchers eye with crit too
I really really need more single target damage, I cant kill syndicate and red beasts in a t12 lol
HELP PLEEEEEEEEEEASE
Hello, I'm sorry to say that this is mostly what you signed up for. There seems to be this misconception that ramming into tough mobs kills them eventually. This is very wrong, and it's the player who's much more likely to die. If you watch my "gimped setup" showcase video, I manually dodge about five melee attacks coming from the boss. To be able to take down bosses like this, you are expected to know the game in and out, and be very aware of what will kill you, so that you can avoid it.

If you don't, you can still clear maps, which is ultimately how I advertise the build: a character for speedclearing maps. If you still have to pull off the singletarget dps, you can bruteforce it through Frostbolt + Ice Nova on a CwC / CoC setup: Raviqt has very good advice you can read here!
Last edited by b0moodc on Jan 25, 2019, 6:44:30 PM
Another way to deal with some of the easier bosses is to add cyclone to your gloves.

I got some Gloves with Faster Attacks and Additional Additional Accuracy (or Accuracy Rating). In the Sockets is Fortify, Inc Critical Strikes and of course Cyclone + ShieldCharge.

For me, Cyclone works way better on bosses than ShieldCharge.

However, I lost 16 % more Attack and Cast speed that way. The difference is there, but it's not too big.
Last edited by zweckform on Jan 29, 2019, 5:26:42 PM
"
zweckform wrote:
Another way to deal with some of the easier bosses is to add cyclone to your gloves.

I got some Gloves with Faster Attacks and Additional Additional Accuracy (or Accuracy Rating). In the Sockets is Fortify, Inc Critical Strikes and of course Cyclone + ShieldCharge.

For me, Cyclone works way better on bosses than ShieldCharge.

However, I lost 16 % more Attack and Cast speed that way. The difference is there, but it's not too big.

I definitely agree with this, as it has been my solution for bosses (using this character to finish out my atlas and just did t15 earlier today). Though I would suggest going for the Insanity gloves and just switching faster attacks for cyclone, or you can get use Research Vorici to put a white socket on the gloves and then use it to switch between shield charge and cyclone.
Edit: for those that don't know how cyclone works, it only rolls for crit once per spin, per enemy. So when using it against a single enemy (bosses) keep the distance to a minimum until you have all your power charges to avoid being stuck in a long useless spin.

On another note, b0moodc, do you have any suggestions for trying to crafting the Horror Helmet (I don't have any experience with this kind of crafting)? Would the horror mod be worth more than one of the Shaper mods? Any other tips?
Last edited by farix126 on Jan 29, 2019, 9:06:53 PM
"
farix126 wrote:
On another note, b0moodc, do you have any suggestions for trying to crafting the Horror Helmet (I don't have any experience with this kind of crafting)? Would the horror mod be worth more than one of the Shaper mods? Any other tips?
Hello, crafting a Horror helmet is just for show. Is it technically better than a conventional shaped helmet? Absolutely. How does it translate to gameplay? It doesn't, mobs get oneshot either way.

I cannot recommend crafting a Horror helmet unless you're pretty much done with your other items, or you want to delve past 300-400.
Would someone be able to take a look at my Assassin in Betrayal league in my profile?

I know I don't have the best of the gear, but I feel like I have the core items but yet .. I still feel really weak.

Is there something really obvious that I'm missing?
"
Would someone be able to take a look at my Assassin in Betrayal league in my profile?

I know I don't have the best of the gear, but I feel like I have the core items but yet .. I still feel really weak.

Is there something really obvious that I'm missing?
You have no jewels and half your items grant no hp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info