[3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

Since the Elder was so kind to drop a crit hatred amu on saturday I first thought I'm going to sell it. However some nice folks in 820 pointed me to this build and it looked fun. Lots of shatter explosions... all boys like big explosions... and sometimes also girls ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGeUBC7hCDE )

Anyway, it looked fun so I started levelling. I went with Quill Rain, Caustic Arrorw, Mirage Archer, Tabula, 2x Blackheart, Lochtonial, Goldrim, Wanderlust etc...

Caustic Arrow, Void manipulation, Swift Affliction, Damage on Full Life, LMP

Basically every 4 seconds fire once at a mob pack and continue to run (with the occasional running back to pick up some dropped currency). That worked fairly well for me.

Meanwhile I'm lvl 77 and it's a blast. T11/12 maps aren't a big issue, except for the occasional rare mob. I still have issues with single target and I skip map bosses altogether.

My current gear:

"

Next to the 1.6% crit hatred Watcher's Eye I have 3x 12% Grand Spectrums and Pure Talent.

So, what's next on my list:

(0. Get 21/20 Gems)
1. Do U-Lab to improve single target damage
2. Corrupt Grand Spectrums for Maim and Corrupted Blood
3. Get Insanity Gloves
4. Get better boots and enchant them
5. Get better helmet. Pondering to get The Tempest's Binding but I'd lose the 3% Crit.
6. Get Opal Ring
7. Get Aul's or Unnatural Instinct (not sure what to prioritize)

Still plenty of things to improve but with current around 3.8k life and around 600 ES I do lower red maps just fine. I just need to watch out for a few things though, alhough Vulnerabilty hasn't been an issue so far.

Reading through the whole thread there's various options for single target improvement with Weapon Switch. What I gathered is:

a) Dual Poet's Pen with Arc, inc. crit. Strikes, cont. Destruction and Ball Lightning, cont. Destruction, slower Projectiles

or

b) Cospri with Frost Bomb, Vortex, Bonechill and Lycoside with IC, CwDT, Inc. Duration and

- b1) 6L Armour with Cyclone, CoC, Ice Nova, conc. Effect, inc. crit. Strikes, Empower/Cold Penetration/Hypthermia

- b2) Rare Helmet with Hypothermia & 30% more ele Damage with Blade Flurry, CoC, Additional Accuracy, Ice Nova

I'm gravitating toards b2 option (hence Cospri, Lycosidae, Helmet with Blade Flurry/Coc/Ice Nova).
"
NoBillag wrote:
I'm lvl 77 and it's a blast. T11/12 maps aren't a big issue, except for the occasional rare mob. I still have issues with single target and I skip map bosses altogether.

So, what's next on my list:

(0. Get 21/20 Gems)
1. Do U-Lab to improve single target damage
2. Corrupt Grand Spectrums for Maim and Corrupted Blood
3. Get Insanity Gloves
4. Get better boots and enchant them
5. Get better helmet. Pondering to get The Tempest's Binding but I'd lose the 3% Crit.
6. Get Opal Ring
7. Get Aul's or Unnatural Instinct (not sure what to prioritize)

Still plenty of things to improve but with current around 3.8k life and around 600 ES I do lower red maps just fine. I just need to watch out for a few things though, alhough Vulnerabilty hasn't been an issue so far.

Reading through the whole thread there's various options for single target improvement with Weapon Switch. What I gathered is:

a) Dual Poet's Pen with Arc, inc. crit. Strikes, cont. Destruction and Ball Lightning, cont. Destruction, slower Projectiles

or

b) Cospri with Frost Bomb, Vortex, Bonechill and Lycoside with IC, CwDT, Inc. Duration and

- b1) 6L Armour with Cyclone, CoC, Ice Nova, conc. Effect, inc. crit. Strikes, Empower/Cold Penetration/Hypthermia

- b2) Rare Helmet with Hypothermia & 30% more ele Damage with Blade Flurry, CoC, Additional Accuracy, Ice Nova

I'm gravitating toards b2 option (hence Cospri, Lycosidae, Helmet with Blade Flurry/Coc/Ice Nova).
Hello, it seems you have everything figured out, I'm glad you know what you're looking for going forward. Insanity gloves feel much better than regular gloves, you'll never go back! Best of luck with the journey, feel free to post any questions you might have.
I got menawhile insanity gloves and also tried to corrupt some of the grand spectrums - but without much success.

I've also tested now a MF setup (mainly focussed on IIQ) with Bisco's Collar and Leash, Goldwyrm and Ventor's Gamble.

I thought I was going to miss the +3% crit chance on the helmet and the lvl # assassin's mark on hit on the ring. However it still works well. Occassionally crit isn't procced "immediately" but gameplay is still very fast (except when needing to backtrack to pick items up... I know, I pick up way too much stuff).

Life did go down a bit to around 3.2k now and I think ES also went down a bit. Lower tier red maps and tier yellow maps are still no issue.

Also I completed u-lab. Had a carry for Izaro though. Shield Charge in the lab is rather annoying, you literally get stuck everywhere.

Still having issues with bosses though. I tried weapon switch with Cospri's (Frost Bomb, Vortex, Bonechill), Licosidae (IC, CwDT, Inc. Duration) and rare helmet with 30% more Ele Damage (Blade Flurry, CoC, Additional Accuracy, Ice Nova). I wasn't really happy with it.
"
NoBillag wrote:
I got menawhile insanity gloves and also tried to corrupt some of the grand spectrums - but without much success.

I've also tested now a MF setup (mainly focussed on IIQ) with Bisco's Collar and Leash, Goldwyrm and Ventor's Gamble.

I thought I was going to miss the +3% crit chance on the helmet and the lvl # assassin's mark on hit on the ring. However it still works well. Occassionally crit isn't procced "immediately" but gameplay is still very fast (except when needing to backtrack to pick items up... I know, I pick up way too much stuff).

Life did go down a bit to around 3.2k now and I think ES also went down a bit. Lower tier red maps and tier yellow maps are still no issue.

Also I completed u-lab. Had a carry for Izaro though. Shield Charge in the lab is rather annoying, you literally get stuck everywhere.

Still having issues with bosses though. I tried weapon switch with Cospri's (Frost Bomb, Vortex, Bonechill), Licosidae (IC, CwDT, Inc. Duration) and rare helmet with 30% more Ele Damage (Blade Flurry, CoC, Additional Accuracy, Ice Nova). I wasn't really happy with it.
Hello, the main issue with being low level and also using mf items is the abysmal life pool. Can't reliably tank a hit from most bosses until 4000 hp, I recommend you focus on leveling up until at least 90.
Last edited by b0moodc on Feb 13, 2019, 4:10:20 AM
Well, having this MF stuff equipped I can clear stuff still pretty fast. White and blue mobs in low red maps are no issue. Occasionally some rare ones are tough.

One issue with all this MF stuff was the lack of dexterity and strengt and intelligence. So I had to get new gems for Shield Charge, inc. duration, fortify. next level up I should hit another +20 Str and then I think I can put the others back in. I also had to craft Int on the gloves though and I used an Careful Planning jewel to convert Int into Dex. Otherwise I'd be at something link 160 dex (which resultated also in not having enough Int because of the conversion and right now only 2 Grand Spectrums as I miss socket for another one.. few more levels needed).

But you were right with the insanity gloves. I don't wanna go back. And as I said, I thought losing the +3% crit on helmet and that CoH Assassin Mark ring would would be more noticeable. I don't feel much difference from before.
Last edited by NoBillag on Feb 13, 2019, 5:59:21 AM
The Elder was kind to me today.

Last weekend the Elder dropped this Watcher's Eye which made me start following this build:
Watcher's Eye
Prismatic Jewel

Limited to: 1

6% increased maximum Energy Shield
5% increased maximum Life
5% increased maximum Mana
+1.6% to Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred
Unaffected by Elemental Weakness while affected by Purity of Elements

And now he dropped

I said way back on page 14 that I would update my Elderbomber version in 6 months - well Betrayal has pretty much ended, and I crafted some pretty good gear so here is an early update.

Notes
Helm (new) - the +1 Proj is wasted, as is the reduced ailment mod. Will try a better one next league with a T1 resist. I used about 8 4-socket resonators

Last edit RE fossil crafting this: the problem I had was use of the prismatic fossil to (almost) guarantee the Horror suffix. The ailment mod gets rolled almost every time with the use of Glyphic, Frigid & Prismatic. I tried using a faceted fossil as the 4th fossil to get +1 Int gems as the 3rd prefix, however the Delirium mod showed up 90% of the time instead.

Chest (new) - very good corruption. My first and only chanced Calamity this league. I have 3 other 30% elder vendor 6-linked WWWRBB waiting, but my chance RNG has been awful. 10+ex spent/wasted.
I hope to double corrupt a +1, +2 gems version some day.

Gloves (new) - perfectly rolled Grasp with a great enchant.

Boots (new) - very good mods on this. I will use shield charge in these instead of gloves. Waiting to be meta-crafted or eternalled for life preferably.
Abyss Jewel - Life and/or flat damage (not so great maybe) for prefixes I suppose, crit multi/utility suffixes.

Belt (WIP) - have almost a normal tab full of these waiting to be chanced into a HH

Ring (WIP) - to be crafted into The Taming just to shore up resists until I craft a helm w/ a T1 fire/cold + replacement elder spell damage ring with missing T1 resists.

Jewels - all mandatory jewels. 4 with +7 to non-damaging ailment corruptions. I also bought a set of maim, hinder, silence, corrupting blood immune if need be.

Flasks - legacy Atziri's & Wise Oak to quality to 26%. New crit craft Diamond flask & Quicksilver as standard. Blasphemer's Grasp opens up a flask slot(ish). Still need curse prevention for maps, but a magic Consecrated seems best for added damage.

Outstanding items:
Double Hatred mod Watcher's Eye. The need for Clarity is gone with the boot mod.
Triple white socket the sword and shield + divine as best I can get (low priority).
Double corrupt Sword, Shield, (gloves maybe. One perfectly rolled one went poof), gems - lowest priority.
Some other things I've forgotten.

PoB looks pretty good so far, however the numbers are most likely unreliable as I'm still new to using it.

I can't wait to mess around with my new toys on standard!
Last edited by poofofexile on Feb 19, 2019, 7:59:14 AM
"
poofofexile wrote:
I said way back on page 14 that I would update my Elderbomber version in 6 months - well Betrayal has pretty much ended, and I crafted some pretty good gear so here is an early update.

I can't wait to mess around with my new toys on standard!
Hello, that's a really cool project to showcase. Not too fond of it for a real character, but you do you, I guess most of the fun came from putting it together anyway.
Last edited by b0moodc on Feb 19, 2019, 11:16:34 AM
"
poofofexile wrote:

4 with +7 to non-damaging ailment corruptions.

Why did you opt for those?
This is kind of off-topic, but someone requested a copy of my helmet, and that's a first for me. Hope everyone reading this is having a great day. Cheers!

For future reference, this is the exact item:
Last edited by b0moodc on Feb 20, 2019, 8:49:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info