[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
Jurvi wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
One of the great things about this build was that it could do any map. However, with the following change in 3.7 for Shield Charge

"
Now deals damage based on your equipped shield, not your weapon.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shield_Charge

That means that we no longer get the mana gain from the claw. It makes no mana recharge maps very problematic. What's the best way to deal with this? getting -mana rings or some other movement skill besides shield charge or?

-7 mana cost ring and bloodmagic support on shield charge take away all your mana problem. I suppose if you can get -mana cost on both ring and amulet, you could make shield charge free as well, and replace bloodmagic?

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure I was clear. Previous to 3.7, the no life or mana regen maps were no problem because I would just shield charge before every cyclone. If my mana happened to be low the shield charge would refresh mana because the claw has a mana gain on hit. In 3.7 the shield charge no longer uses the claw stats.

I could just reroll the no regen maps but was wondering if the -7 mana cost ring (or something) would also solve the no regen map problem. Thanks again.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

I could just reroll the no regen maps but was wondering if the -7 mana cost ring (or something) would also solve the no regen map problem. Thanks again.

It would yes. -7 mana ring means free Cyclone. :)
I don't understand why the author doesn't have empower in the helmet. A cheap level 3 empower in there becomes 4 and hence boosts relic 3 levels. Incredibly good. The best support gem together with spell echo according to path of building.

Spell echo is not one of the four gem either.

With holy relic + spell echo + empower + minion damage i get 62k dps each relic. Not too bad.

This chest is retardedly hard to chrome. 1000 chromes later:

Ffs why is this chest not a hybrid so it's easier to get the right colours. It's like a league goal to get 4 off colours on it.

I am starting to question wether it's worth to waste all these chromes instead of doing another build.

Diary entry 2019-06-28: Starting to lose my sanity. I see everything in RGB. Mostly blue.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 28, 2019, 4:10:33 PM
"
Jurvi wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

It would yes. -7 mana ring means free Cyclone. :)

With no need for any mana pool then we could use the remaining 10% of the mana pool for a blood and sand gem perhaps?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
kompaniet wrote:

Ffs why is this chest not a hybrid so it's easier to get the right colours. It's like a league goal to get 4 off colours on it.

I am starting to question wether it's worth to waste all these chromes instead of doing another build.

Diary entry 2019-06-28: Starting to lose my sanity. I see everything in RGB. Mostly blue.

Look up off color socket crafting. Instead of just spamming chromes, you can control the first 3-4 socket colors with crafting.

Only took one roll of 2 green + 1 red. Sadly I need to 6 link it to use summon phantasm, but I just have it my dagger for now.
"
Turtledove wrote:
One of the great things about this build was that it could do any map. However, with the following change in 3.7 for Shield Charge

"

That means that we no longer get the mana gain from the claw. It makes no mana recharge maps very problematic. What's the best way to deal with this? getting -mana rings or some other movement skill besides shield charge or?

-7 mana cost ring and bloodmagic support on shield charge take away all your mana problem. I suppose if you can get -mana cost on both ring and amulet, you could make shield charge free as well, and replace bloodmagic?

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure I was clear. Previous to 3.7, the no life or mana regen maps were no problem because I would just shield charge before every cyclone. If my mana happened to be low the shield charge would refresh mana because the claw has a mana gain on hit. In 3.7 the shield charge no longer uses the claw stats.

Pretty sure Whirling Blades instead of Shield Charge is the best solution here.
"
"
Turtledove wrote:

"

Pretty sure Whirling Blades instead of Shield Charge is the best solution here.

I was contemplating something like that. Although, I really like the fast movement on shield charge at times like when back tracking over cleared areas. Also I figured with a -7 ring then I could free up a few passive skill tree nodes, at least Righteous Decree? (Which I've already done on a character lvl 87 without any apparent ill effects.)

I'm so happy you responded though! I hope to see an update to the build based on the 3.7 changes, like the significantly reduced cyclone cost in 3.7?
"
Turtledove wrote:

I'm so happy you responded though! I hope to see an update to the build based on the 3.7 changes, like the significantly reduced cyclone cost in 3.7?

Definitely something I'll look into doing later in the league :)

EDIT: 90 tree would look something like this https://pastebin.com/Kz93Eifd (assuming Hatred and no cold to attacks for EE). -mana cost jewelry (only -5 is needed), no need for mana on hit claw anymore so just go for the Imperial base family etc.
Last edited by systemplayerlost on Jun 30, 2019, 4:19:51 AM
"
Rakio wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

Look up off color socket crafting. Instead of just spamming chromes, you can control the first 3-4 socket colors with crafting.

I know about that. Used the 1g recipe which is the best according to the chromatic calc. Needing 4 off colours is always a shitty situation to be in.

I started a new build instead. Maybe i will make another chromatic attempt some other time.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 30, 2019, 6:47:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info