[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

why do you need holy relics.. thanks for the well written guide
Hey!

I am considering starting as a guardian summoner instead of necro summoner this league (tired of dying even at 15k eHP).

How good would this build be in Blight maps?
Necro Frost Sentinels are EZ mode.
HoA usually clear screens but only one of them could be limiting?

Cheers!
So... How dead is our most beloved build?
"
Ozzie1111 wrote:
So... How dead is our most beloved build?

Would absolutely love to get some input on this from someone who has experience in creating builds and understanding in the newest patch notes.
I keep checking if this build's been updated for 3.10 or if someone has made a similar build, then I'll start checking other builds but always end up back in here :(
There has been a Nerf. Here is what it says in the patch notes.

"
Herald of Agony
Agony Crawler now deals 5% increased physical damage per Virulence you have at gem level 1 (from 6%), up to 9% at gem level 20 (from 12%).

It looks like something around a 15% to 25% hit to agony crawler damage? This build is really good though. I'll eventually in the next week get around to trying both versions of the build in standard to get a subjective feel for the impact.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 13, 2020, 1:55:49 PM
Just got back into PoE from a 2 year break, and decided to play this build. Haven't had an trouble on conqueror's/red maps.
Been playing this build with no issues in 3.10.

Some things to note.

The new Cluster Jewels have a few notables that help out immensely. You can find both of these on a medium cluster jewel

Pure Agony
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald
+1 to maximum number of Sentinels of Purity
+5 to Maximum Virulence

Disciples
1% additional Physical Damage Reduction per Summoned Sentinel of Purity
You lose Virulence 30% slower
Minions deal 20% increased Damage while you are affected by a Herald

These should move the damage up to previous levels as well as giving a bit more defense and the slower Virulence loss.

I've been playing in standard and have not tried out the new cluster jewels.

I've played both versions of this build, Duelist and Templar. They are both still very nice builds in 3.10.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Mar 31, 2020, 7:15:03 PM
Shot out to the OP - This is the 1st character since Ive been playing POE that has allowed me get past lvl 80. I only play HC and Ive tried so many different builds - Arc witch, golems, minions, RF Chieftain, THicc Juggs, and I have to say its the funnest of them all.. THANKS >>

So I did start out with the original build until I got to level 70. I then switched my shield to Lioneyes and Im using a pair of Craiceanns Pinchers to get my defense over 8200 and my life currently at 4700 it feels much better..

Ive been using Hatred in my worm but Im wondering if switching to Vitality or Determination would be better suited for HC. The damage is fine and Ive been melting Map bosses up to T5 so far. Ive almost completed my white maps and Im going to start running yellows now that I have the 1st 4 watchstones..
In game since Minotaur League..
This build is more then capable of doing 3.10, I haven't tried to go to cluster jewels with it but the original tree goes right past one so don't see why you cant. I followed this build 100% and ive used it for past 2 or 3 leagues its my go to build, only difference is I use this amulet.

This this amulet my cyclone is free -3 for enchant and -3 for anoint. But total of all my gear is maybe couple EX at most you don't need BIS to do all content with this build. I crafted this amulet with essences and slammed the armor on with a EX.
Last edited by Stormswa on Apr 17, 2020, 3:47:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info