[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
kompaniet wrote:

Alteration craft. An upgrade to my current one.

Nice, didn't even think about alt crafting that. Would've been upgrade for me as well before I bought a rare one for 65c.
Seeing alot of talk about needing mana on hit to keep cyclone up, but with -7 mana cost to skills on ring cyclone costs 0 mana.
"
Viesczy wrote:
Seeing alot of talk about needing mana on hit to keep cyclone up, but with -7 mana cost to skills on ring cyclone costs 0 mana.

That's a great idea. I think many people are/were referring to cyclone before it was revamped. Cyclone has a 5 mana cost when challeling for me with a 5l.
The -mana cost is great. I have a ring with -7 cost, now a 4 linked cyclone according to build is 0 mana. I litteraly just move with cyclone.

So I want to try a different claw. Is The Scourge good for the build?
The bonuses that it gives to minions are great. The olny thing that scares me is the 2% damage leeched as life and not the direct life gain on hit the other claws give.

"
Celiel wrote:
The -mana cost is great. I have a ring with -7 cost, now a 4 linked cyclone according to build is 0 mana. I litteraly just move with cyclone.

So I want to try a different claw. Is The Scourge good for the build?
The bonuses that it gives to minions are great. The olny thing that scares me is the 2% damage leeched as life and not the direct life gain on hit the other claws give.

Giving the -7 mana cost ring a go too. Seems pretty nice. 0 mana cost Cyclone even after removing Righteous Decree.

Also swapped my Elder Gemini Claw out since the mana on hit is no longer necessary, much easier and cheaper to get super fast Elder Claws now.

I doubt the Scourge will work though, exactly because it gives leech, not direct LGOH.
Using the Gladiator version of the build on Legion HC - although the pastebin Gladiator linked in the original post is old (only shows like 50% block chance). There's a new version that shows 81% block chance, but I forget where I got it from.

Getting a -7 mana cost ring makes the build 10x easier to manage. In addition, if you use the ring, you no longer need mana on hit for your weapon. Personally, using the Gladiator max block version - I now use this instead:

3-link Herald of Purity in there, and they get Fortify for free (although that doesn't really matter much). Big thing, at least for me, is the +15% block chance - which makes it stupid easy to max block, and allows me to reallocate shield block nodes for more damage or health.
IGN: RFIncBlood_1
"
Omgmynamesux wrote:
Using the Gladiator version of the build on Legion HC - although the pastebin Gladiator linked in the original post is old (only shows like 50% block chance). There's a new version that shows 81% block chance, but I forget where I got it from.

Getting a -7 mana cost ring makes the build 10x easier to manage. In addition, if you use the ring, you no longer need mana on hit for your weapon. Personally, using the Gladiator max block version - I now use this instead:

3-link Herald of Purity in there, and they get Fortify for free (although that doesn't really matter much). Big thing, at least for me, is the +15% block chance - which makes it stupid easy to max block, and allows me to reallocate shield block nodes for more damage or health.

Fortify now has %more damage so it's a lot of damage.

Keep in mind you have 75% block already with bastion of hope. It's up 40% of the time though.

That claw is a good choice to get some better base block when bastion of hope is on cooldown. The extra life is great too but you are losing out in survivability from the loss of lgoh and attack speed.

Edit: I didn't notice that you play gladiator so forgive me for that :)
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 22, 2019, 11:32:31 AM
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Omgmynamesux wrote:

Fortify now has %more damage so it's a lot of damage.

Keep in mind you have 75% block already with bastion of hope. It's up 40% of the time though.

That claw is a good choice to get some better base block when bastion of hope is on cooldown. The extra life is great too but you are losing out in survivability from the loss of lgoh and attack speed.

Edit: I didn't notice that you play gladiator so forgive me for that :)

hah - for a second I was like "wtf is Bastion of Hope, have I been playing my character wrong!"... then realized it's a Templar thing :P

Your second statement about loss of survivability from LGOH... what do you mean? the unique has 44 LGOH? attack speed, you're right... can always use the 4-5 passive nodes I get back from using the unique (don't have to take 4-5 shield block nodes) and invest in attack speed if needed.
IGN: RFIncBlood_1
An elder claw has up to 50 lgoh from blinded monsters. Scroll to the top of this page where i've linked that. Sorry i wasn't being very clear there at all :)

I like advancing fortress a lot. Have been using it in many builds. Summoner was the last one i believe.

Can't really go wrong with that one.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 22, 2019, 4:05:21 PM
This build is a blast after I tried homebrew guard summoner in 3.4 (was missing sustain)

So I went with full life leech, crafted blind and chaos res on my claw

Got -mana cost on my amulet. No regen maps are now easier to play, better then mana leech setup.

And rethink a bit gloves setup with crafted melee range, +1 lvl for cyclone and 100% poison on hit from poison + lesser poison (actually overcap due to 20% from herald)

Rest

Last edited by Atataforthewin on Jun 22, 2019, 6:20:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info