[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Thank you for this guide I'm having so much fun in synthesis with the build!

I have a question though. Is HoAg so much better than HoP that we use that as our main skill? guardian ascendancy improves HoP so I expected that to be in the main 6 link. I know its hard to generate HoP goons against trash because i have to be the one that kills enemies but wouldnt it be better against bosses? or is HoAg just insane so its better no matter what?
"
malachia wrote:
Thank you for this guide I'm having so much fun in synthesis with the build!

I have a question though. Is HoAg so much better than HoP that we use that as our main skill? guardian ascendancy improves HoP so I expected that to be in the main 6 link. I know its hard to generate HoP goons against trash because i have to be the one that kills enemies but wouldnt it be better against bosses? or is HoAg just insane so its better no matter what?

HoAg just insane so its better no matter what
Have you seen the new lvl1 clarity costs? 115 mana...
Having a blast with this build. Wasn't sure I was gonna dig minionlings doing the heavy lifting, but it's great! Just uber lab'd at 79, and my gear is 75% hilarious. Looking forward to endgame minmaxing!
"
Yrzi wrote:
"
Yes exactly. Smite leveling at low levels is just too fast. Run up double smack, everything is dead. Shield charge forward to next pack. If its not blue and its not all dead after a double smack just keep moving and forget about the stragglers.

Oh you use shield while leveling? I have always gone dual wielding all the way to maps for maximum dps.

Yes. I get shield charge with faster attacks and just zoom as fast as I can through the zone. I only stop to kill blues, yellows or tag a big group of whites.

Just seems to go faster.
I guess let me outline what I do so other people can give it a try.

I pick the melee tree in the POB and run it through melee 2. I then take Righteous decree and Tireless BEFORE Gravepact. In fact I'll switch to cyclone before gravepact is done.

Start out with smite-ancestral call-onslaught. Onslaught for the speed boost.

As soon as I get a second quicksilver flask I'll switch onslaught for summon phantasm.

When I get melee damage I add that in place of summon phantasm.

I use Herald of Purity-Melee Physical Damage-Maim-Minion Damage and just add gems as I get them. I don't replace anything.

I get shield charge asap along with faster attacks. I keep a mana pot till I get blood magic so I can zoom zoom as fast as possible with the quicksilver flasks are down.

Now after you have your first twin claw and you have the cyclone 3 tree ready (You'll have to have 5 extra unskilled points saved and 5 respect points ready) You'll respec into the cyclone tree and put any extra points on the path to Gravepact.

At that point follow the cyclone tree to the main tree.

At this point I flesh out my HoAG, HoP and Rellic skills. At this point you are unkillable. Just get equipment with the correct links resists and health of course are nice but at this point you faceroll everything till maps.

Keep in mind you'll be mana starved. You'll just barely be able to have a 4 link HoAG and hoP. If you don''t have enough mana drop a link on HoP. Untill you get your Calamity you will not be able to support more than 2 4 links plus your 4 link relic. you'll have to summon the relic most likely with one of the heralds off then turn it on.

Upgrade your claws to double and gemini when you can.

I do 3rd ascendancy before kitava. I'm usually not resist capped at kitava and it honestly doesn't matter.
Last edited by ElectroHarmonix on Mar 11, 2019, 10:15:50 AM
Loving this build, only level 60, I do have a question, how do you manage cyclone, meaning do you hold down the hotkey and just move with your mouse or tap cyclone and click? I feel like on boss fights, sometimes I feel like I am on ice skates and sliding back and forth not near anything lol.
"
Rodneyking wrote:
Loving this build, only level 60, I do have a question, how do you manage cyclone, meaning do you hold down the hotkey and just move with your mouse or tap cyclone and click? I feel like on boss fights, sometimes I feel like I am on ice skates and sliding back and forth not near anything lol.

The key to cyclone is to keep your mouse pointer close to you. So I hold down my button and then just move the mouse around me in small increments. This is the key to not "skating" around. Once you master this cyclone doesn't feel completely messed up... just partially :)

this also has the benefit that if you let go of the button you stop cycloning pretty much right away and you can then shield charge out of whatever mess you are in.

On bosses you just circle him. Going back and forth is harder as your pointer goes through you and your cyclone may stop.
Last edited by ElectroHarmonix on Mar 11, 2019, 10:19:28 AM
thanks for help! Def will look into that when i get home! Why is it if you have HOP and HOAg in two different 4L why does the mana res get higher, but if I have HOP in 4l and HOAg in 3 link it changes...This is my second season so I learn stuff every day, but just curious.
The part I don't get about this build is the damage. PoB shows a fully 6 linked HoAG with empower 4 at close to maxed out gear is only 850k shaper damage. Add in another 150 to 200k from HoP and the 2 sentinals.

I've played builds the PoB show at 3 to 5 mil. This build just kills faster than those. I don't know why.

Take fortification encounters, When all 3 spawn outside the door they last MAYBE 3 seconds. And thats with empower out and Phatasims in. Less damage.

I don't get it. is PoB messed up somewhere or is that this just delivers damage instantly? I'm comparing this to say a Solar Guard summoner build where they put out 500k-700k EACH. That build doesn't clear or kill nearly as fast.

Last edited by ElectroHarmonix on Mar 11, 2019, 12:01:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info