[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

Ran this build this week in prep for next league. I normally start the league with necro skeles because its cheap and can do all content. Tried a consecrated path build when it first came out and it was ok but stalled at red maps. Was looking for another league starter and came across this.

This build is a ton of fun to play once it hits 50 ish. Pre 50 meh... I think its better to just stick with smite completely till you can switch to cyclone. Tried it a few different ways.

Anyways after you switch to cyclone holy cow is it smooth. I was completely surprised. The PoB dps doesn't look that great but its silly good for the amount of chaos invested. I have maybe 30 chaos in my build atm with nothing but standard non quality gems as I simulated a league starter. I don't have the 6 link gloves and just a t2 attack speed claw. 5 link chest.

Its silly how good this is for as cheap as it is. Wish I had found this earlier. The fact that the crawler can't be hit is great. Purity's spawn so fast that even if they do get it it doesn't matter. You don't have to actively summon them. The relic's do die every now and then but it's no biggie keeping 2 up.

Looking forward to starting next league with this and seeing how the build changes with the new items. The upside is I don't see how they could nerf cyclone any more. The downside is I could see HoA getting balanced. However with HoA and HoP and relic being so new I don't really see them gutting them. I wouldn't be surprised if HoP and rellic get a slight bump to fit with the new holy skills coming out.
Looks like Im running this build for the third league in a row, nothing just comes close to the power, ease of use and cheapness as this.
Yup. Me too. Was either that or a Specters. Tested it on a dry run last week This one map clears white and yellow maps faster with SSF and lets face it, start of the league if you are moving fast is pretty much SSF.

I'm trying to figure out how to speed up leveling till you can switch to HoAG. Once you have a double claw and switch its off to the races. Getting to that claw is the trick.

Should be a slight buff with the phantasms. Thinking of jamming that into my initial Smite-Ancestral Call-Melee Physical Damage link as the 4th. Either that or take either Anc. Call or Melee out and replace if just a 3 link. Not sure.

When I tested it Dom Blow switch after smite was just slower than keeping smite on for speed leveling. Sucked too much mana with no way to replenish it without leveling uniques or hammering mana flasks.

So I think its Smite all the way till double claw then make the switch to cyclone and HoAG.
Last edited by ElectroHarmonix on Mar 7, 2019, 7:14:19 PM
"
So I think its Smite all the way till double claw then make the switch to cyclone and HoAG.

I have been thinking the same thing, kinda want to try out agony crawler right when I get it with molten strike and lesser poison but it probably doesnt ramp fast enough to compete with smite leveling.
I'm going with this build for the second league in a row except this time I'm planning on using the new Herald of Agony ring and running it without hatred just because I really don't want to use a 6-link the coming calamity :P
"
Yrzi wrote:
"

I have been thinking the same thing, kinda want to try out agony crawler right when I get it with molten strike and lesser poison but it probably doesnt ramp fast enough to compete with smite leveling.

Yes exactly. Smite leveling at low levels is just too fast. Run up double smack, everything is dead. Shield charge forward to next pack. If its not blue and its not all dead after a double smack just keep moving and forget about the stragglers.
"
Yes exactly. Smite leveling at low levels is just too fast. Run up double smack, everything is dead. Shield charge forward to next pack. If its not blue and its not all dead after a double smack just keep moving and forget about the stragglers.

Oh you use shield while leveling? I have always gone dual wielding all the way to maps for maximum dps.
Hey I have a few question towards leveling. Maybe someone can answere them for me.

I want to level as Smite Melee 1-4:

a)Why dont we use Holy Relic and HoA Leveling?

b)Which Gems do you Level in Offhand for possible lvl 21 Corruption?

c)Is there an Aura/Curse or Different Herald(with Purity) to use while Leveling with Smite)

d)Is Lvl 21 or 20 quality more important for HoA, HoP and Holy Relic. I dont make enough wealth for 21 20 gems normaly.

e) Does Neversink Lootfilter on Semi Strict shows Double Claws?

Thanks.
"
BTSV67 wrote:
Hey I have a few question towards leveling. Maybe someone can answere them for me.

a) We do use Holy Relic the whole way through, you can use HoAsh and HoP while leveling if you want but people (or I atleast prefer to use HoP with support gems and that increases its mana reservations so there is no more room for HoAsh).

b) If you are playing in trade league then you have to check which gems sell for most and level those, if its SSF then focus on getting a 21 level HoAG.

c) HoP with support gems and a lower level Clarity is what I go with, with Clarity you wont need a mana pot and it will buff your minions after you get the ascendancy points.

d) Gem level is the most important thing for HoAG, you shouldnt corrupt gems until they are 20/20, just level a second gem in your off-hands when your primary gems are close to hitting to level 20, then vendor recipe them to lvl1 with 20% quality and use the spare gems while leveling the 20% quality gems back to lvl20 (you might be able to save the 20/20 gems for double sacrifice in the temple).

e) It does not, so what ever lootfilter you pick (regular, strict wtc.) add double, twin and gemini claws to the list.
Last edited by Yrzi on Mar 8, 2019, 11:15:00 AM
Thanks for the help Yrzi. That made things more clear for me

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info