[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
"
caioperego wrote:
Is possible this build with CI/mana?

Check out this build for Occultist. https://pastebin.com/cL3neQg9

You can start as CI then transition to LL for higher investment https://pastebin.com/yV5GuC44

Hey this looks cool. Is the boss damage still decent without Herald of Purity? Those sentinels seem to wreck bosses with the regular build. Also Occultist gets +1 curse but I don't see you actually using it. All I see is Enfeeble in Blasphemy in your PoB. Are you using a 2nd curse anywhere you forgot to add. Thx. I may try this on HC.
"
"
"
caioperego wrote:
Is possible this build with CI/mana?

Check out this build for Occultist. https://pastebin.com/cL3neQg9

You can start as CI then transition to LL for higher investment https://pastebin.com/yV5GuC44

Hey this looks cool. Is the boss damage still decent without Herald of Purity? Those sentinels seem to wreck bosses with the regular build. Also Occultist gets +1 curse but I don't see you actually using it. All I see is Enfeeble in Blasphemy in your PoB. Are you using a 2nd curse anywhere you forgot to add. Thx. I may try this on HC.

ES versions are completely theory at this stage, but I assume you do lose some damage vs bosses yeah. There's like 6 sockets you can use for whatever you like in the CI build, either a 4L and 2 single sockets or 2 3Ls. I'd recommend a CwdT-Temporal Chains in addition to the Blasphemy-Enfeeble. Unsure what I'd put in the other sockets, maybe Decoy Totem-Minion and Totem Elemental Resists or Ancestral Protector-Maim-Blind/Culling Strike. You can also consider putting maim in your Cyclone setup if you get double supported by gloves with high es.
I wonder; what's the deepest delve somebody has successfully taken this build?
All that and a bag of chips!
To the OP, this is a fantastic build. I probably won't make another this league as I want to be able to push delve, my goal is delve 600 but I want to get to and farm delve 450. I know that stacking more defense is the way to go to delve deeper, and I been on the lookout for anything I can add/change to improved that; btw, your build is perfect as is.

A couple of days ago I watch a video of a jugg/agony build, what caught my attention was the use of "ES gain on hit" from a Discipine Watcher's Eye. I thought that this might be the bit of extra defense that I was looking for.

To make a long story short, I bought one (3 ex) to test, but what to replace?
I would have to give up Herald of purity or Hatred. At this point I decided to overhaul the character (I did a lot of testing with various setup). This is what I ended up with.

The main changes being dropping Hatred for Disciple and dropping the relics for a +2 Agony helm enchant (cost me 50, and about 20c to roll). I replaced the relic with a CwDT setup. This setup will get me 25 plus stacks per hit on me and the crawler will be up before I even attack (I have walked thur a t12 map without attacking at all, the crawler powered by the CwDT setup killed everything). The +2 projectiles help with the lost of the relic, but the relics was way too good for clearing. Herald of Purity is needed to give your spells physical damage so they can poison and thereby summon the crawler (a Hypnotic eye jewel will also work).

Sorry for the wall of text but I thought it may be interesting enough to share.

I ran a red elder and a few cities at depth 290. The ES regen is amazing and it makes me feel so much safer. The time to kill red elder is about the same, maybe a fraction slower.

https://pastebin.com/9aFZfqDC

One last thing, I added Indomitable (north of RT) for a bit more safety.

edit: I'll add things here as I remember them. the firestorm in the CwDT is not needed, I'll probably test other gems here, most likely Spirit Offering or Flesh Offering.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Oct 15, 2018, 11:07:50 AM
To the OP or any veteran player who can help:

I have played Diablo and other ARPGs, but I'm really just now getting started with my first ever playthrough of PoE. I know I'm kind of late to the party. I was looking up builds for my first character and ran across this build that was appealing to me. I started a new Templar in the Delve League knowing full and well that the league will probably end and my character will get reverted back to a normal character before I can get anywhere with this. That's ok.

I downloaded Path of Building and imported the build file and had a few questions about gear. Is there a listing of the gems that I am looking for and which pieces of gear they are to be placed into? Is there also a Templar character starter guide that leads up to this build showing what I need to be looking for gear-wise and gem-wise? I understand the skill tree perfectly, so that's not a problem and easy to follow. I'm just not familiar with the Path of Building program enough to find where the required gems are listed and supposed to go.

Is there any special map path I need to follow as a starting character? Was just trying to find a little more information that will help me lead up to this build as a new player. Thank you for your patience and helpful assistance.
Hello I now I have a question about the herald of purity. As you almost have no damage,they can only be summoned when encounter the boss. Seems that they reserved lot of mana but did not too much. I think the most damage of this build are from the holy relic and the scorpion. So, is it better to switch the herald of purity to another skills?
"
Amelia1812 wrote:
Hello I now I have a question about the herald of purity. As you almost have no damage,they can only be summoned when encounter the boss. Seems that they reserved lot of mana but did not too much. I think the most damage of this build are from the holy relic and the scorpion. So, is it better to switch the herald of purity to another skills?

Yeah, I've messed around with other options, but Herald of Purity is actually the highest damage option in that slot. You don't need the damage for clear, but it helps out a lot for single target.

The limitation here isn't with Herald of Purity, but actually Herald of Agony's mana reservation costs. So you can use a rare chest or Belly of the Beast/Loreweave, but that means (6 link) HoAg is going to reserve 92% of your mana with an Essence Worm Hatred, so you won't be able to do anything else with your mana. If you want to have more mana available, you need to use Coming Calamity. So you're using Coming Calamity and Essence Worm, you can only use a 35% or less reservation, so you're looking at Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning or Arctic Armour, but with Coming Calamity a 4 link Herald of Purity (for big single target damage) can be used as Coming Calamity overrides Essence Worm's increased reservation. Given these options, I strongly believe Herald of Purity to be the superior choice.
3.4.3f update: Herald of Purity now has a chance to summon a Sentinel of Purity when you hit a Rare enemy.

Huge buffs and I think enough for us to stop the HoP vs other option discussion :)
"
GuruChaz wrote:
To the OP or any veteran player who can help:

I have played Diablo and other ARPGs, but I'm really just now getting started with my first ever playthrough of PoE.
Welcome!

"
GuruChaz wrote:
I started a new Templar in the Delve League knowing full and well that the league will probably end and my character will get reverted back to a normal character before I can get anywhere with this. That's ok.
Don't stress over the League ending, especially on your first character. Everything you own will be in Standard League and it'll be like the League end never happened. At that point you can keep playing your character in Standard or start prepping for the next League. The only difference for you will be the loss of the Delve features.

"
GuruChaz wrote:
I downloaded Path of Building and imported the build file and had a few questions about gear. Is there a listing of the gems that I am looking for and which pieces of gear they are to be placed into? Is there also a Templar character starter guide that leads up to this build showing what I need to be looking for gear-wise and gem-wise? I understand the skill tree perfectly, so that's not a problem and easy to follow. I'm just not familiar with the Path of Building program enough to find where the required gems are listed and supposed to go.

Is there any special map path I need to follow as a starting character? Was just trying to find a little more information that will help me lead up to this build as a new player. Thank you for your patience and helpful assistance.

For gems in PoB, look in the "skills" tab on the upper left.

It doesn't usually matter which piece of gear you put the gems into unless that piece of gear has special properties related to those gems such as +1 or "socketed gems are supported by X". The latter does matter for this particular build as we use special gloves. But, generally speaking, the main consideration is 6-Link versus 4L versus 3L. There are some other smaller considerations like weapon swap QoL but don't sweat that for now.

The guides you will find aren't really generic Class starter guides. Each one is specific to the build but some of them can be quite flexible and have interchangeable endgame options such as Earthquake versus Sunder (minus the timing problem on EQ). In this build, you could easily swap Cyclone out for Molten Strike for a completely different playstyle experience! Picking this build as your first was a fine choice because it meets many of the criteria I would recommend you search for such as 'starter', 'budget' and 'SSF' because those all make a build much more forgiving for new players to learn with.

Don't worry too much about PoB. You could ignore it for now and just use the build guide you choose in the forum as your main source of info with PoB as a supplement. I use poe.ninja/builds more than I use PoB.

Optimizing your gems and gem links and general gear considerations IS important and we're happy to help you work through that. It can be a lot to learn!
Last edited by tainium on Oct 18, 2018, 7:31:24 AM
I hope the below leveling overview helps the creator of this build - feel free to add it to the guide.

Items
1: 2x Brightbeak
1: Goldrim
1: Lochtonial
1: Wanderlust
1: Tabula
Sidhebreath
10: 2x Princess
16: Perandus Blazon
22: Praxis

Starter Gems
1: Smite