[3.9] Cyclone Summoner - Heralds of Agony and Purity, Summon Holy Relic - League starter

"
edessiex wrote:
Hi Guys,
Having fun levelling this build (using smite as advised somewhere on the forum). I gathered the requested equipment for later.

Which claw should I use ?

Thanks !
Viper Needle. Re-roll Razor if/when you can afford it.
Thanks !

Viper needle looks good, except for the unecessary ancestral call.

Hi

From my gear below, whats best tweeks i can do.. any tips appreciated.

With the Purity update today, this is my final form after testing damn near everything (I probably miss something obvious).

https://pastebin.com/By6HLD7s

"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
With the Purity update today, this is my final form after testing damn near everything (I probably miss something obvious).

https://pastebin.com/By6HLD7s

Nice to see you trying to squeeze out more damage, how is losing haste for the build? no more phasing.

Was wondering if it's beneficial to get an aul's for free haste on the amulet
Maybe if possible to fit in a discipline sgoh + phasing watcher's eye?
"
Nice to see you trying to squeeze out more damage, how is losing haste for the build? no more phasing.

Was wondering if it's beneficial to get an aul's for free haste on the amulet
Maybe if possible to fit in a discipline sgoh + phasing watcher's eye?

I had never used haste. I used the exact OP build until level 94, then I got bored but didn't want to roll another character as I think this build can get me deep into the mine. I started messing around with different setups, the first being getting a watcher's eye with ES on hit, right away I knew this is very strong defensively. Most of my changes are for getting stronger defensively; for instance, grabbing the Indominable passive and the "of Light" glove enchant. In the middle of this, PoB added support for the Purity and the crawler.

I was surprise by how strong wither stacks were and how much dps despair adds to the damage of both the crawler and purity minions.

But going back to your question. I initially tried to incorporate both Haste and Discipline into the build, but just couldn't make it work mana wise. I played around with the permanent phasing from Haste, while is cool to look at, this is probably better suited for range agony player. Since you have to get up close and personal, all the monster knows that you are there, and you can cyclone thru all the monsters anyway. I don't recommend perma phasing for this build, but I do highly recommend ES on hit.

The damage right now is stupidly high, you don't need the level 4 empower, or the level 21 agony gems. I set up my atlas to farm T16 underground seas and for delving. The funny thing is I devoted a 4 link for a wither totem and I never get to use it, all the map bosses just die way too fast, perhap when I encounter Aul one day.

edit: I wish I can add one more flask (granite or jade) but I can't justify taking any of these out. The sapphire flask looks out of place, but you really want freeze immunity in the mine. I also keep an "of grounding" topaz flask and an "of dousing" ruby flask to sub in as needed.

edit 2: I'm still trying to roll a claw with life gain on blinded enemies, the T1 local A.S. with chance to blind was too good to pass up, my ES on hit Watcher's Eye helps mitigate that loss somewhat. The ideal claw will have all three along with a open prefix for bleed. In case you're wondering, I bought the helm enchant and roll the helm, glove and claw myself. I think I spent about 3 ex in currencies rolling them.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Oct 29, 2018, 8:16:43 PM
Yah, I've been reading your build's progression these few days.

I stopped at level 90 with op's set up, after a few alt chars thinking of going back so started to see what you ended up with.

Found a disc/haste watcher I was talking about, so was wondering if it would be nice to swap out for auls for free haste/phasing.

How do you think about +2 weapon range on suffix bench mod on claws?
Food for thought haha.

Thanks again for your further testing, definitely seems nice to push so much more damage on an already powerful build.

And thank the OP for his build. :)
"
Found a disc/haste watcher I was talking about, so was wondering if it would be nice to swap out for auls for free haste/phasing.

How do you think about +2 weapon range on suffix bench mod on claws?
Food for thought haha.

I considered Auls' Haste but what prevented me from going that route is my desire to overcap resistances and to match them up so I can make use of The Wise Oak for the 10% reduced elemental damage taken. I needed to overcap because of the T16 underground sea strategy, I use sextants and I vaal all the maps. Quite often vaaling makes the map unid.

+2 weapon range is a good thing to have as you are able to blind/bleed more enemies with each pass and hitting more enemies is always good for Lgoh. It is worth considering for a claw/cyclone build as it directly scales the cyclone's aoe, you will lose about 9% more damage from having to swap out bloodlust.

Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Oct 30, 2018, 12:42:59 PM
Yah, aul's would make the resists a bit tight.

Yah saw your choice of bloodlust over good old minion damage, guess it does give those guys that extra damage. Are they that good since agony is mainly for the aoe and those guys for single target?

And I see some ppl fossiling/essense claws for 60+ minion damage, how much would the fair against the bleed? (You mentioned you wanted to craft a claw yourself, if it's not essence, just chaos spam until desired ias/lgohwb/blind%?)

For the helm, what base seems the best for crafting? ES or armor?
If defense is less of an issue, would fossiling the -9 chaos resist aoe be good?

Thanks again
Last edited by OmniMax on Oct 30, 2018, 4:26:07 PM
"
Yah, aul's would make the resists a bit tight.

Yah saw your choice of bloodlust over good old minion damage, guess it does give those guys that extra damage. Are they that good since agony is mainly for the aoe and those guys for single target?

And I see some ppl fossiling/essense claws for 60+ minion damage, how much would the fair against the bleed? (You mentioned you wanted to craft a claw yourself, if it's not essence, just chaos spam until desired ias/lgohwb/blind%?)

For the helm, what base seems the best for crafting? ES or armor?
If defense is less of an issue, would fossiling the -9 chaos resist aoe be good?

Thanks again

Those Purity guys are not very useful while mapping, but against single target, they hit like a truck. They generate their own wither stacks (Withering Touch), you can expect 2 to 4 stacks, these will stack on top of the wither totem's limit of 15. These stacks will also benefit the crawler (6% inc. damage TAKEN per stack), it's like a free 12% to 24% MORE damage for your crawler.

Minion Damage on the claw is great, but to hit this AND get 2 to 3 of the other mods is going to require a huge investment in fossils. You can easily test for how much extra dps it gives you by editing your claw with "Minions deal X% increased damage" in PoB.

Helm base doesn't matter, I bought the cheapest one that have the +2 agony projectiles enchant (It cost me 50c then, I'm sure it's much higher now). The best would be an Elder helm with that enchant so you can roll "Socketed Gems are supported by Minion Damage" ("Socketed Gems ... Conc. Effect" is also good but it only benefits the slams and not the default attack). It should be noted that I'm using this enchant because of the lost of the relics, those relics were awesome for clearing.

I can't help you with the -9% chaos resist. What you can do is to create one in PoB or copy one off trade and plug it into PoB.

The priorities should be lgohwb - blind - ias. Because you can mastercraft AS.

One last thing, if you are planning on delving deep, defense is the ONLY issue.

edit: the wither stacks only affects the chaos portion of the damage dealt.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Oct 31, 2018, 1:43:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info