[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

You can actually level with spectres fine. Just get

I have been using flame sentinels since lvl 34 when i could equip wraithlord. Currently lvl 40.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 13, 2018, 6:51:17 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
You can actually level with spectres fine. Just get

I have been using flame sentinels since lvl 34 when i could equip wraithlord. Currently lvl 40.

Would be better if you wanted to level fast. You can go through an entire zone, only having to summon your Raging Spirits once if you path well enough. If you 6-link using a Tabula Rosa, bosses melt in seconds.

I bring this up because while leveling I never have issues with spectres dying if paired with Summon Raging Spirits and Zombies.
I have srs in my tabula too. I use them to guide the flame sentinels to their targets. Flame sentinels attack whatever srs attack.
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
"
Thauma wrote:
Hey Stag!

Any tips for bosses that shred the Phantasms a bit too quickly? For example I had a double boss Malformation (with corrupted Piety boss) and I got worn down very quickly by all the screen spam and beams. I wasn't able to sustain Phantasms or corpses long enough to do damage.

I'm currently considering CWDT (lv1) / Desecrate (lv7) / Spell Cascade, but I'm aware that this will add some pressure on my sockets. I'd probably have to rely on this instead of self-cast Desecrate.

In other news, just got my first Might of the Meek and holy crap what a difference it makes. I'm now so overcapped on resists that I can pretty much change my rare ring for any old thing now :D I'm considering using a utility ring such as The Pariah or Heartbound Loop (to maybe work with the CWDT shenanigans).

Hey, any boss that has a large damaging aoe usually dumpsters a lot of minion builds.
However, most of the time if you know the mechanics of the boss fight you can play around it. Atziri would be hard if you don't know the fight. Double malformation is fine for me, if you follow the beam around and convocate at the right time it usually isn't a problem. She also has kind of low health.

I sometimes have a bit of an issue with minotaur as he just constantly spams high damage aoe moves, killing off my phantasms. There is no reason to use desecrate on cwdt since you need to cast it constantly on long boss fights to actually have minions. You don't want to take damage to have corpses up.

So I guess my advice is to just learn the boss fights and get familiar with them, they do get easier with time. Dig boss can suck a dick though.

"Hey, any boss that has a large damaging aoe usually dumpsters a lot of minion builds."
Can confirm - my old 6m DPS Melee Skele build can crush the entire game EXCEPT Uber Elder because of the AOE spam :D

I'm now running CWDT (lv1) / Desecrate (lv7) / Spell Cascade / Desecrate (lv20) so I can auto-cast Desecrate AND self-cast. It has been helping a lot, especially in Delve boss fights. I can literally just run around in circles until everything is dead. However you do have to watch the cooldown as it's sometimes hard to see it go off and it shares a cooldown with the self-cast version.

I suspect I'll have an easier time with the trickier bosses once I've finished optimizing my gear. Getting the 6ex for Kaoms and the Might of the Meek jewels took some time but make a big difference.
Last edited by Thauma on Oct 14, 2018, 7:46:26 PM
Noob here. Can I use a similar build as scion or will I lose too much minion damage if I do that?
"
Noob here. Can I use a similar build as scion or will I lose too much minion damage if I do that?

A scion variant PoB is available on the first post at the bottom. I'm running it myself. The damage is not mind-blowing, but it's certainly enough, and I personally find the extra tankiness worth it. That said, my jewels don't have much minion damage on them at the moment, so I suspect after I start improving them the damage output will be really good.
"
kestalkayden wrote:
Thanks for posting the phys variant pastebin to shoot for. I've been following (and sometimes switching back and forth between the ele variant) and going delve 300+ just fine with another clone build (wife plays this with me).

1) In your experiments, did the skele for bosses at all feel better?

Also, I see you have 5 sockets enabled with controlled destruction / minion speed not.

2) Which do you feel was better for you? Controlled Destruction or Minion Speed?

We currently don't have the currency for the watchers eye so we aren't running purity of elements.

Hey, sorry for the little late reply.
Skele's feel a bit better for me, the reason I only use 5l skeles is so I can Keep 21 phantasms around. Controlled destruction is better until you can't one shot an enemy pack then I think minion speed takes over.

glad to hear you're both enjoying it.
I still love this build. I have a couple questions about mechanics if anyone knows.

If I cast an offering and spawn phantasms, do they even gain the offering benefit since they were spawned after the cast?

So if I desecrate + offering 2x to get my army up, does only the 1st group get buffed by the 2nd cast?

I've also noticed that my spectre doesn't keep stacks of frenzy up all the time. If he's actually punching stuff he only casts 1 charge and then it runs out and he casts 1 charge again.

But if he's "in combat" like close to a wall with enemies on the other side, but not fighting anything, he will cast it every 5s.

He is linked to BM and for a little bit i ran with 2 chieftains and we had 3 charges all the time.

These interactions are making me wonder if I'm getting as much benefit from them as I think I am.
You can have one offering "active" at a time. While an offering is active, all minions under your control receive the buff. Therefore, even minions created before the offering is cast will get buffed.

Spectre needs blood magic to cast Frenzy regularly. Generally it will prioritise buffing the party instead of melee attacks, but as a general rule you'll want to keep it out of enemy range if possible to maximise this.
Thanks for the reply, I assumed offerings worked like that for existing minions. I'm more interested in how the offerings work with the phantasms in particular, since using an offering destroys corpses which then spawn new phantasms.

It seems like only half the phantasms would ever gain the offering effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info