[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

"
parabolicity wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I assumed offerings worked like that for existing minions. I'm more interested in how the offerings work with the phantasms in particular, since using an offering destroys corpses which then spawn new phantasms.

It seems like only half the phantasms would ever gain the offering effect.

Nope, they will all gain the offering effect.
"
Thauma wrote:
"
parabolicity wrote:
Thanks for the reply, I assumed offerings worked like that for existing minions. I'm more interested in how the offerings work with the phantasms in particular, since using an offering destroys corpses which then spawn new phantasms.

It seems like only half the phantasms would ever gain the offering effect.

Nope, they will all gain the offering effect.

That's great! Thank you.
What have you found is the best way to calculate DPS in PoB for phantasms? (primarily for phys variant).
"
parabolicity wrote:
I still love this build. I have a couple questions about mechanics if anyone knows.

If I cast an offering and spawn phantasms, do they even gain the offering benefit since they were spawned after the cast?

So if I desecrate + offering 2x to get my army up, does only the 1st group get buffed by the 2nd cast?

I've also noticed that my spectre doesn't keep stacks of frenzy up all the time. If he's actually punching stuff he only casts 1 charge and then it runs out and he casts 1 charge again.

But if he's "in combat" like close to a wall with enemies on the other side, but not fighting anything, he will cast it every 5s.

He is linked to BM and for a little bit i ran with 2 chieftains and we had 3 charges all the time.

These interactions are making me wonder if I'm getting as much benefit from them as I think I am.

The spectre's warcry is probably just on cooldown (like your own warcry's), or something weirds happening. More than likely what's happening is you're summoning new phantasms, replacing old ones and they start with 0 frenzies.

Minions either have the offering or dont, you can easily test this with flesh offering and srs. If you cast an srs then flesh offer, the srs still gets the added movement speed. So from that we can think that offerings are either 'on' for everything, or 'off'.
"
kestalkayden wrote:
What have you found is the best way to calculate DPS in PoB for phantasms? (primarily for phys variant).

Unfortunately I haven't found a way, but I haven't been try harding the last few weeks. I just have gone by feel.
"
Stagsnetti wrote:
Unfortunately I haven't found a way, but I haven't been try harding the last few weeks. I just have gone by feel.

That's fine. Thank you again for your efforts to make this a solid build :)

Anyway, I guess a bit of a progress report is in order, lol. I'll soon be attempting to socket our helms so we can push another abyss jewel while likely dropping animate guardian as it just dies too often for me to keep grabbing it's items.

Both mine and my wife's build is level 93. We've completed all maps up to T15. Red Elder is a breeze. We're around Delve 380 but some zones can get a bit rippy, even for our 9k+ health. There is one armor/weapon encounter with just 5-6 rogue exiles that can one shot if the biome has some nasty mods. (if we're not careful).

I've been dabbling and going a bit away from the norm by grabbing phys and atk/cast speed abyss jewels (and increased minion bonus on minion kill) to push out a bit more damage/QoL (as we run in pairs anyway and have enough hinder/blind to go around).
Last edited by kestalkayden on Oct 20, 2018, 8:24:17 PM
Enjoying the build so far, just wondering why your uber choice was the skele nodes, are you using skellies anywhere in your build?
I was considering giving this build a try to complete the remaining Delve-related challenges. Does the corpse destruction caused by Bubonic Trail's Death Walk prevent the on-death explosions caused by the azure wetas? Those are pretty much my primary source of death because my rig isn't particularly beefy and things get super pixelated due to dynamic resolution, and Toxic Rain already has those streaks and ground explosions everywhere.
"
Adder10_0 wrote:
I was considering giving this build a try to complete the remaining Delve-related challenges. Does the corpse destruction caused by Bubonic Trail's Death Walk prevent the on-death explosions caused by the azure wetas? Those are pretty much my primary source of death because my rig isn't particularly beefy and things get super pixelated due to dynamic resolution, and Toxic Rain already has those streaks and ground explosions everywhere.

One way to deal with on death effects is shattering the mobs. If you use the elemental version you'll find a lot of the on death mechanics are prevented. As for bubonics, i'm not sure.
Lvl 74. Fun build. No problems so far. Went with the physical variant and blood magic because it seemed cheaper. Need to get an anti curse flask. Maybe i have to drop one of the life flasks.

edit: lvl 77. i replaced the carnage chieftain spectre with zombies and an animated guardian. the carnage chieftain just never uses his warcry. i think it's because of the playstyle of this build.

we're just running all the time and the minions catch up via the auto teleport back. for some reason this causes the chieftain to not use warcry.
Last edited by kompaniet on Oct 26, 2018, 7:20:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info