[3.10] S3 || Stag's Soulwrest Summoner || Streaming and updating to 3.11 || Videos

Hey Stags,

Loving the build still and just hit level 90 and absolutely crushing all content. I noticed you switch projectile weakness to vulnerability. Is that worth doing in your opinion or are you just testing? How big of a dmg increase is that?
"
Hey Stags,

Loving the build still and just hit level 90 and absolutely crushing all content. I noticed you switch projectile weakness to vulnerability. Is that worth doing in your opinion or are you just testing? How big of a dmg increase is that?

Projectile Weakness results in greater on-hit damage vs (39% compared to 54% at level 20). Bleed/Maim chance from Vulnerability wouldn't work either because the target must be hit with attacks (Phantasms use a Spell).

Only reason I can see to run Vulnerability is if you were using Skeletons or other physical melee minions at the same time - then you'd get more effective DPS overall thanks to bleed.
Really Smashing through all of the red maps i've been doing in T13-T15.

Not even having to switch my phantasm gems for more single target orientated gems - the 6L Skeleons is ridiculous damage from the recent buff, not to mention they don't miss.

I do, however, see myself replacing Zombie+Stone Golem for a curse setup.

Can someone explain how Elemental Equilibrium would work and if I should go for it?

Not sure if I have to self apply anything...

Below is my current PoB - what other tweaks should I make?

https://pastebin.com/PdjvDzKS
"
juntar wrote:

Not even having to switch my phantasm gems for more single target orientated gems - the 6L Skeleons is ridiculous damage from the recent buff, not to mention they don't miss.

Can someone explain how Elemental Equilibrium would work and if I should go for it?

The Bubonic Plague boots deal AoE fire damage when you run over corpses so they proc EE. For bosses you can desecrate at their feet and then run over it. You can also socket a curse on hit in the boots.
"
parabolicity wrote:
"
juntar wrote:

The Bubonic Plague boots deal AoE fire damage when you run over corpses so they proc EE. For bosses you can desecrate at their feet and then run over it. You can also socket a curse on hit in the boots.

To add to this, make sure you are not dealing anything other than fire damage. So don't use stuff that "adds lightning/cold to spells".
"
Hey Stags,

Hey, I'm just using vuln because I've picked up skelly's for single target. I've also got a mate who's aurabotting for me so he's running proj weakness.
Hey Stag!

Any tips for bosses that shred the Phantasms a bit too quickly? For example I had a double boss Malformation (with corrupted Piety boss) and I got worn down very quickly by all the screen spam and beams. I wasn't able to sustain Phantasms or corpses long enough to do damage.

I'm currently considering CWDT (lv1) / Desecrate (lv7) / Spell Cascade, but I'm aware that this will add some pressure on my sockets. I'd probably have to rely on this instead of self-cast Desecrate.

In other news, just got my first Might of the Meek and holy crap what a difference it makes. I'm now so overcapped on resists that I can pretty much change my rare ring for any old thing now :D I'm considering using a utility ring such as The Pariah or Heartbound Loop (to maybe work with the CWDT shenanigans).
"
Thauma wrote:
Hey Stag!

Any tips for bosses that shred the Phantasms a bit too quickly? For example I had a double boss Malformation (with corrupted Piety boss) and I got worn down very quickly by all the screen spam and beams. I wasn't able to sustain Phantasms or corpses long enough to do damage.

I'm currently considering CWDT (lv1) / Desecrate (lv7) / Spell Cascade, but I'm aware that this will add some pressure on my sockets. I'd probably have to rely on this instead of self-cast Desecrate.

In other news, just got my first Might of the Meek and holy crap what a difference it makes. I'm now so overcapped on resists that I can pretty much change my rare ring for any old thing now :D I'm considering using a utility ring such as The Pariah or Heartbound Loop (to maybe work with the CWDT shenanigans).

Hey, any boss that has a large damaging aoe usually dumpsters a lot of minion builds.
However, most of the time if you know the mechanics of the boss fight you can play around it. Atziri would be hard if you don't know the fight. Double malformation is fine for me, if you follow the beam around and convocate at the right time it usually isn't a problem. She also has kind of low health.

I sometimes have a bit of an issue with minotaur as he just constantly spams high damage aoe moves, killing off my phantasms. There is no reason to use desecrate on cwdt since you need to cast it constantly on long boss fights to actually have minions. You don't want to take damage to have corpses up.

So I guess my advice is to just learn the boss fights and get familiar with them, they do get easier with time. Dig boss can suck a dick though.
Been playing the build and it feels really smooth running through high yellows - low red maps. I've run into the problem of my phantasms dying sometimes and I need to run from the pack to re-summon them. Also, any tips for what gear I could improve/become more tanky? Thanks!
Thanks for posting the phys variant pastebin to shoot for. I've been following (and sometimes switching back and forth between the ele variant) and going delve 300+ just fine with another clone build (wife plays this with me).

1) In your experiments, did the skele for bosses at all feel better?

Also, I see you have 5 sockets enabled with controlled destruction / minion speed not.

2) Which do you feel was better for you? Controlled Destruction or Minion Speed?

We currently don't have the currency for the watchers eye so we aren't running purity of elements.

Last edited by kestalkayden on Oct 13, 2018, 12:41:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info