[3.7] A Little Outdated - Crit - CONSECRATED PATH - Chieftain - League Starter

Hi mate,
Iam trying something different (two hand + double curse, crit version)
There is no efektive reason for now, why I use two hand (lower DMG and more) but I can try my build for better feel from game. (no copy)

Can someone say, what second curse will be best ? The one is enfeeble, the second ? recomended me pls

For now I use Assassin's Mark for power charge gen. and crit. But if I remove AM, I dont know how I generated power charges...

Some ideas ?

Thx for help
"
CrankySmurf wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
CrankySmurf wrote:

First, love this build. At 28 I was skeptical, within a few levels I was in love.

I hit level 74 and my budget is tight. I've invested into some magic find items hoping this will help me get more of a budget. (seems to make a massive difference) I got the helm for 1 alchy, is there any cheap alternative that would be better? Any suggestions on how to cheaply squeeze some more DPS out of this?

Hi.

You should not be using that sword as your main hand. Get something like this

http://poe.trade/search/rimyasimeyokom

EDIT: Actually, those swords are not as good as dreamfeather for now probably. Just buy a dream feather: http://poe.trade/search/atasioyanaguku
you'll have to switch to a rare sword later.

It costs almost nothing. If you want a better sword than that, just increase the pdps, aps, and crit % numbers. I should probably make a how-to-find-a-sword section.

- Also, use vaal warchief instead of the protector totem. Ur missing out.

- start looking for crit multi jewels.

- start switching out flasks to what i have.

- i'd craft life on that Hate Loop ring.

- why r u using warlords mark? It gives you no benefit to this build. you get leech from tree, endurance charges from ascendancy

other than that, everything looks good. You just gotta upgrade your gear little by little as you gain currency. Do the chaos recipe if you havent already.

Thank you for the feedback!

I was using warlords mark for QOL. I've gone back and forth on it. It felt like I was having issues keeping my health and mana up for non stop pounding. I struggled back and forth on its necessity. I'll try not using it.

I'll work on your suggestions. Thank you!

Yea, you need a mana flask until like lv60-70. Do you know why you can stop using one at that point? It's because 1. you have more mana, and 2. you should be doing more DPS (leech isn't possible without DPS).

After you swap your weapon, your DPS should skyrocket and u should be leeching more effectively.
"
Subtle1ne wrote:
Hi, Thanks for the build - been having fun!

Can you take a look at my character - let me know where to improve.

Delvinallday is my character

- Thanks!

Hi.

I'm kind of getting the vibe that you switched from an RF build lol. You have a doryanis, RF jewels, belly, etc.

Jewels need to be switched. We dont need burning damage at all. Focus on crit multi on jewels. (see my jewel section)

Replace the doryanis. It more expensive and worse than nebuloch or shaper weapons. (see my stat stick section)

Don't use added fire. Use ruthless or damage on full life instead.

I'd use inc AOE instead of combustion if you only have a 5link

get a vaal warchief instead of protector

You also need an uncurse flask, and instant life flask. And quality them. (see my flask section)

you sword is good but not great. try to find one with crit (see my sword section)

You can also remove the life leech on the tree since you have that on the ascendancy
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Sep 13, 2018, 10:19:00 AM
Yah! New offhand

Time to find myself a better amulet.
This is just a post to explain how I spotted DPS problems in my own build to show the thought process to help others who were similarly confused about their damage. Ignore that spoiler stuff if you don't care. I still need advice though.

Spoiler
So I feel like I'm a bit stuck upgrading my main hand. I got a Scaeva 30 levels or so ago, but PoB says even the recommended weapons (160+ pdps, 6.7+%cc, 1.8+aps) don't give me more dps. Cheap dreamfeathers are worse and I don't see the point of dumping 20c into well-rolled ones to get about the same result.

Right now my tooltip is 138/221k, but PoB says my average is like 62k. The endgame setup by HollyPhantom is literally 8x that. Even when I start unchecking things to accommodate the differences in our gear like flasks, frenzy/power charges, maimed/blinded/intimidated, enemy fire resists, and full life 6l, he's still doing straight up 2x the average damage.

A direct skill comparison between our PoB show his skill at 669k vs 166k for me. When I root around I see a couple important things. Vaal Ancestral Warchief is a +20% more bonus, but the real difference is he crits twice as often as I do and with 1.5x the multiplier.

And then I found it! Unchecking the flask effects does not remove the lucky crit chance from the calculations. Unchecked now we're only talking about 62 vs 92.

But.. we're still talking a skill hit damage difference of 166k vs 490k, so what gives? Ok, flask effects from his belt removed drop him to 440k.

And now it's all about attack rate. Average damage difference of 62 vs 89 isn't that bad given his gear pieces are all-around better, but 2.69 vs 4.65 in our attack rates is MASSIVE.

If attack rate seems to be the sticking point in my build's failure to get to OP's DPS levels, why doesn't PoB seem to account for that when I input a new weapon. Adding the verified "blood scratch" to my build, for instance, lowers my average damage to 42k even as it slightly raises my skill hit to 175k. So while I've fixed the attack rate, the average hit dropped by 50%. It's basically a wash.

The posted/recommended endgame weapon lowers my average hit damage but increases my skill DPS slightly by attacking more often. I think I may be missing something about how to evaluate weapon upgrades for this build.

Since we're talking about potentially many exalts , I want to get it right. Since my Scaeva has about 280 pDPS, I need to keep that number and roughly double the aps and increase the cc by as much as possible. Is that the basic gist?
Has anyone tried going non crit and taking the fire nodes near avatar of fire and the fire burning node on the top of the witch?

Seems like we can get more life or defense that way. Not sure how much dps loss or life gain.

We can consider going mace or axe as we wont have much dex.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
Hey there!

Firstly I just want to say thanks for the build. I found your thread before the league started and have been following every update along the way. Super fun and you seem to know your stuff.

Wanted to ask your opinion on where to throw my currency next. I know I need to finish up my flasks and upgrade ~2 more jewels but those are mostly minor.

I'm stuck between the following options:

- re-gearing helm/boots/gloves/jewelry after uber lab to balance out resists
- throwing money at a nicer sword and/or a nicer stat stick
- throwing money at 6L'ing the Loreweave.

Prioritizing 6 link seems like an obvious choice, but I'm worried I'll be mana starved using damage on full life AND damage hasn't been an issue for me yet. I'm cruising through ~t12 maps and don't think I would be gaining much mapping value from adding ruthless to my links.

Having talked myself out of rushing the 6 link, I'm inclined to focus on upgrading to tombfists and re-balancing resists after getting uber lab points.

Would appreciate any critique on my thinking and just want to thank you again for the guide :)
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
"
Subtle1ne wrote:
Hi, Thanks for the build - been having fun!

Can you take a look at my character - let me know where to improve.

Delvinallday is my character

- Thanks!

Hi.

I'm kind of getting the vibe that you switched from an RF build lol. You have a doryanis, RF jewels, belly, etc.

Jewels need to be switched. We dont need burning damage at all. Focus on crit multi on jewels. (see my jewel section)

Replace the doryanis. It more expensive and worse than nebuloch or shaper weapons. (see my stat stick section)

Don't use added fire. Use ruthless or damage on full life instead.

I'd use inc AOE instead of combustion if you only have a 5link

get a vaal warchief instead of protector

You also need an uncurse flask, and instant life flask. And quality them. (see my flask section)

you sword is good but not great. try to find one with crit (see my sword section)

You can also remove the life leech on the tree since you have that on the ascendancy

Figured for all the help you are providing everyone you deserve a reply

Note that I am fairly new at the game heh.

1. I had the belly drop for me and it 5linked in 5 fusings - that and the fact that a decent loreweave is sitting at 3ex + I was sticking with the belly till I could afford a loreweave. My offhand will be replaced soon, just was being lazy and it had quite a bit of +ele damage.

2. I did realize that we didn't use burning I will switch these out tonight - I am sure I have enough jewels to craft or find something on poe trade and recover the lost Chaos.

3. Will get rid of Added fire and replace with ruthless since i have one leveled.

4. I switch inc AOE and combustion as needed - i have one in my other weapon.

5. Will start leveling vaal war chief and replace.

6. I have an uncurse flask - Will also replace my life flask asap.

7. Will recover the point for life leech.

So basically - 3-4ex and i am good - Now need them to drop :/

Thanks for your help.
"
davebluedevil wrote:
This is just a post to explain how I spotted DPS problems in my own build to show the thought process to help others who were similarly confused about their damage. Ignore that spoiler stuff if you don't care. I still need advice though.

Spoiler
So I feel like I'm a bit stuck upgrading my main hand. I got a Scaeva 30 levels or so ago, but PoB says even the recommended weapons (160+ pdps, 6.7+%cc, 1.8+aps) don't give me more dps. Cheap dreamfeathers are worse and I don't see the point of dumping 20c into well-rolled ones to get about the same result.

Right now my tooltip is 138/221k, but PoB says my average is like 62k. The endgame setup by HollyPhantom is literally 8x that. Even when I start unchecking things to accommodate the differences in our gear like flasks, frenzy/power charges, maimed/blinded/intimidated, enemy fire resists, and full life 6l, he's still doing straight up 2x the average damage.

A direct skill comparison between our PoB show his skill at 669k vs 166k for me. When I root around I see a couple important things. Vaal Ancestral Warchief is a +20% more bonus, but the real difference is he crits twice as often as I do and with 1.5x the multiplier.

And then I found it! Unchecking the flask effects does not remove the lucky crit chance from the calculations. Unchecked now we're only talking about 62 vs 92.

But.. we're still talking a skill hit damage difference of 166k vs 490k, so what gives? Ok, flask effects from his belt removed drop him to 440k.

And now it's all about attack rate. Average damage difference of 62 vs 89 isn't that bad given his gear pieces are all-around better, but 2.69 vs 4.65 in our attack rates is MASSIVE.

If attack rate seems to be the sticking point in my build's failure to get to OP's DPS levels, why doesn't PoB seem to account for that when I input a new weapon. Adding the verified "blood scratch" to my build, for instance, lowers my average damage to 42k even as it slightly raises my skill hit to 175k. So while I've fixed the attack rate, the average hit dropped by 50%. It's basically a wash.

The posted/recommended endgame weapon lowers my average hit damage but increases my skill DPS slightly by attacking more often. I think I may be missing something about how to evaluate weapon upgrades for this build.

Since we're talking about potentially many exalts , I want to get it right. Since my Scaeva has about 280 pDPS, I need to keep that number and roughly double the aps and increase the cc by as much as possible. Is that the basic gist?

Yea I get this question a lot. People tend to evaluate weapons purely based on its pDPS, but that is quite wrong. You need 1. attack speed, 2. crit chance, and 3. pDPS for a weapon to be good, ESPECIALLY for this build.

Scaeva literally has the same pDPS as the weapon I'm using (280 pDPS). But what's wrong with it? The attack speed. Mine is 2.03 and scaeva is 1.3. When you get any sources of added damage, attack speed is extremely important. The herald of purity that we're all using adds phys damage: "Adds 25 to 37 physical damage to attacks"

This means, it adds an average of (25+37)/2=31 phys damage to every hit with your sword. How does this affect my fast sword vs Scaeva?

- For Scaeva, the actual pDPS rises from its base 280 to: 280 + 1.3*31 = 320.

- For my sword, the actual pDPS rises from its base 280 to: 280 + 2.03*31 = 343.

So, my sword ends up having higher pDPS than Scaeva in the end. Of course, I have added phys damage from many other sources (rings/amulet/abyss jewels/loreweave), which all make my sword even better than scaeva.

Ok what about crit chance? Let's say we took a total of 455% crit chance on the tree from all the nodes. I think that's what I have on the tree if I added right.

My sword has 6.87% crit chance, and scaeva has 6%. The difference of 0.87% seems insignificant compared to the 455% on the tree, but this is important. The 455% crit chance increases the effective crit chance like this:

- For Scaeva, the actual crit chance rises from its base 6% to: 0.06 x (1 + 4.55) = 0.333 (33.3%). With a diamond flask, the chance rises to: 1-(1-.333)^2 = 0.555 (55.5%).

- For my sword, the actual crit chance rises from its base 6.87% to: 0.0687 x (1 + 4.55) = 0.381. With a diamond flask, the chance rises to: 1-(1-0.381)^2 = 0.617 (61.7%).

So in the end, I'm not critting 0.87% more of the time. I'm actually critting about 6% more. So the tiny differences matter a lot. Keep in mind this crit chance (61.7%) decreases a lot if the accuracy is low, but that's a separate issue from how to find a good sword.

I'll clean this up and put it on the main page later!

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Sep 13, 2018, 12:49:02 PM
"
dejuvenate wrote:
Has anyone tried going non crit and taking the fire nodes near avatar of fire and the fire burning node on the top of the witch?

Seems like we can get more life or defense that way. Not sure how much dps loss or life gain.

We can consider going mace or axe as we wont have much dex.

Both avatar of fire and going non-crit will lower your DPS substantially. If you take both, my wild guess is that your DPS will be 1/3 of mine with the same budget. Even with infinite budget and mirror gear, I doubt you can get to the same DPS level.

Demi, who is doing the same build non-crit has something like 1/8 of my DPS, but I think he can get to like 1/2 with my budget level. This is his video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RukuG0GXd9o

If you want more defense, just go Jugg.
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Sep 13, 2018, 1:01:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info