3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

Any thoughts on soul mantle for the extra totem?
Could I get some advice on what to buy next? I have 5-6 exalts but am unsure on where to spend it. I'm struggling to do the end game content.

The character is Minigun under my profile. Thanks!
"
LucaExplo wrote:

Its the best armor if you have atziri's reflection, allows curses to give you huge damage buffs and not actually affect you in a bad way. I use it.

But Atziri's reflection isn't cheap.
"
spellhydro45 wrote:
I think Marylene's Fallacy is really not needed, even if you take it off you only lose about 1k dps and your crit chance jumps to almost 80% at lvl 90. I would use a Choir of the Storms instead

Budget build. That alone would be worth the 1-2 ex investment for the rest of the gear. Mary's fits nicely into the budget, but Choir would definitely take it up beyond that.

"
LucaExplo wrote:

Definitely works, but lacks HP and resists that would have to be made up elsewhere. You would either need a constant curse immune flask or other means of curse immunity (like Midget's shield). If using flasks, I would either consider a spare flask for just back-up curse immune or find really long duration flasks just for that purpose.

"
rootminigunn wrote:
Could I get some advice on what to buy next? I have 5-6 exalts but am unsure on where to spend it. I'm struggling to do the end game content.

1. Arcane Surge is too high, aim for enough to proc with every cast of curse. If it takes 2 casts, not worth the value.
2. 20/20 gems that add damage and then eventually try for 21/20. Flame Dash adds cast speed too, so helps mobility.
3. If you don't care for extra speed/duration on Quicksilver, get a Curse flask.
4. Weapons will be a massive dps increase. Spell dmg, spell crit chance, lightning to spells, and then extra stuff like crit multi or extra elemental dmg as chaos if you price is not outrageous.
5. 6L armor that provides stats.
6. Back-up weapons to level spare Arc/Wrath for 21/20 and 21/0 respectively (Wrath doesn't need the range increase).
7. You are missing a lot of passive points. Google POE passive quests and compare to /passives in-game. I think I have 6 more than you at your level if you went Alira.
8. Depending on how much weapons and armor sets you back, you can look into a better rare amulet.

Also, are you resist capped without Wise Oak? Looks low to me with all the unis and ring with no resists.
"
blackdeath101 wrote:
"
spellhydro45 wrote:
I think Marylene's Fallacy is really not needed, even if you take it off you only lose about 1k dps and your crit chance jumps to almost 80% at lvl 90. I would use a Choir of the Storms instead

Budget build. That alone would be worth the 1-2 ex investment for the rest of the gear. Mary's fits nicely into the budget, but Choir would definitely take it up beyond that.

"
LucaExplo wrote:

Definitely works, but lacks HP and resists that would have to be made up elsewhere. You would either need a constant curse immune flask or other means of curse immunity (like Midget's shield). If using flasks, I would either consider a spare flask for just back-up curse immune or find really long duration flasks just for that purpose.

"
rootminigunn wrote:

1. Arcane Surge is too high, aim for enough to proc with every cast of curse. If it takes 2 casts, not worth the value.
2. 20/20 gems that add damage and then eventually try for 21/20. Flame Dash adds cast speed too, so helps mobility.
3. If you don't care for extra speed/duration on Quicksilver, get a Curse flask.
4. Weapons will be a massive dps increase. Spell dmg, spell crit chance, lightning to spells, and then extra stuff like crit multi or extra elemental dmg as chaos if you price is not outrageous.
5. 6L armor that provides stats.
6. Back-up weapons to level spare Arc/Wrath for 21/20 and 21/0 respectively (Wrath doesn't need the range increase).
7. You are missing a lot of passive points. Google POE passive quests and compare to /passives in-game. I think I have 6 more than you at your level if you went Alira.
8. Depending on how much weapons and armor sets you back, you can look into a better rare amulet.

Also, are you resist capped without Wise Oak? Looks low to me with all the unis and ring with no resists.

I would add using an armor with + crit chance to spells if not using soul mantle.
Minion nods affect totems ??
"
spellhydro45 wrote:
I think Marylene's Fallacy is really not needed, even if you take it off you only lose about 1k dps and your crit chance jumps to almost 80% at lvl 90. I would use a Choir of the Storms instead, i think its like a 33k increase in total dps with an 83% crit chance. the lightning bolt on crit actually deals more dps than culling strike would sense the whole build tree is focused to increase lightning damage.

i think the max crit chance i could get with marylene's at lvl 100 was like 43% while with choir i got it to about 90% with all 7 power charges. which would actually be on due to the massive increase in crit chance.

Not sure about Choir - The crit chance and lightning damage is decent, but I think a rare with life, crit multi and maybe crit chance would be better as we don't get the lightning procs.

Took a look at your build, Malachai loop seems like a bad idea, unless you are being very careful to stay 1 charge under the cap?

Hello everyone, this is a very nice build and I would like some suggestions on what to focus next (i know i need to get the gems 21/20 but besides the gems).I have around 2ex atm(but I will probably get more currency) and don't really know what to buy next can anyone help me ? Thanks a lot.
You can see my char in profile or pob: https://pastebin.com/QgfRqdEH
Edit: Also i will get my last ascendancy later today after I level up.
Last edited by OvidiuF on Sep 6, 2018, 11:58:56 AM
whats the reason for not taking totemic masstery node down south?
just comparing your build to mathils I saw at the start of the season and honestly until right now I was running that node and felt like the damage was a huge boost.
"
easy1x wrote:
whats the reason for not taking totemic masstery node down south?

8 points for hp regen, some attributes, 30% totem damage, placement speed, and a lot of totem survival nodes. Nothing else really of value for a lot of points. Totem life would be way more important for something like RF or if there were other nodes close by that added value. But that wheel is better for other classes that are farther away from the nodes this build can use.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info