3.6 Synthesis Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems, easy Shaperkills with less than 1-2 Ex investment!

Finally manage to complete the challenge to kill Aulen & Megaera (Encounter 1) with this character build. I temporary refund Ancestral bond & use storm brand + culling in twinned boss map. Completed them back to back on first try. :)
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
Hi, small update from me ;)

Today i killed alone for the first time (ever) shaper, died only 1 time on guard, that was my 1st try in this league i didnt know a lot about mechanics etc. Now im thinking about elder to try, but its hard for me to do it on atlas. This is my best build ever had, realy. Here is small update on my gear.

I changed the body and the belt, because dropped this nice boots for me today and $$$ one. Abbys jewels are the cheapest one i could afford. 4.3k+ hp,2.4k+mana and 550 es. If you have any advice please let me know. I realy enjoy this build.
Have a nice day :)
Love this build as a starter build
Should i corrupt Empower support gem? If yes, on what level?
"
olorin84 wrote:
so any veteran totem player can tell me my character is ready for uber ?

my pob says 520k+ (shaper dps) per totem Edps.

5750 hp around 2800 mana, i guess 8k+ ehp.

i never tried uber yet myself. i guess my dps and ehp is enough but i need some practice to learn fight.

any suggestions for my gear also appreciated.

my char name Totemz_Arc.

can you share your equip ?

520k shaper DPS is quite impressive - that is includign the diamond flask or ?

considering the rest of your specs HP, MANA you can do the uber elder anytime and in pretty speedy run ...
433k shaper dps for me. 3,568 Health up from 2k after some upgrades. Still need to get cast speed gloves and a ring with lighting damage. Wanted to do elder fights before school starts again but not sure I'll get there unless I do the white map version of the fight.

Speaking of the elder fight, is it worth it to do elder now or try and push him into red maps? I would guess the rewards are less in white maps besides the fight being easier.

Just did the math if I use vaal righteous fire I get shaper dps up to 600k WOW

Going to be setting that ^ up later.

Also I came across this talisman I would like to use(well not this exact one as it has no life mods :( ) but I need to get my resist more sorted out first if I don't want to die.

Is there any diminishing returns/breakpoint for cast speed? I would ideally like to get a profane wand with 14 to cast speed and +20-25 to cast speed just need a few exalts lol.

Thanks to all those that have helped. Even if I don’t make it to the elder fight this is definitely my highest damage build yet. :)

*damage includes diamond flask and atziri's.
Last edited by Zorven on Jan 12, 2019, 5:14:26 PM
@Zorven how do you deal with curses in boss fights? Another setup for flask? For me that was hell, now im fine with my setup.
"
WitchHunt666 wrote:
@Zorven how do you deal with curses in boss fights? Another setup for flask? For me that was hell, now im fine with my setup.

I just use a diamond flask with the curse removal.

I spam my flask constantly so that helps. When and if I do get more health on my items, I would like to change one of my health flasks to a silver flask for onslaught, would push me to 500k shaper dps right now if I got one with increased crit chance during flask. I might drop lavianga's if I ever find that last lab trial for the extra mana in ascendancy.....

My only issue is not having 4k life yet, so I have to play a bit cautious If I don’t want to lose xp. I kill bosses in seconds in red maps, but I haven’t tried shaper or elder yet. First time playing some of these maps and the bosses die before I can see what their attack or spell is.

You could always use the kika rings and just reserve the mana. I think a rare chest would be best for you. I use soul mantel as it was a convenient 5 link when I was doing low maps and wanted 4 totems. Now that my soul mantel is six link I would rather upgrade my other items then try to switch to a rare chest piece. Plus this setup according to Path of building will out damage a rare chest with crit to socketed spells.

Think I like them big glass cannon numbers to much. lol
worth to replace Divine Guidance and Ritual of Awakening with Illuminated Devotion, Arcane Blessing?
Red Elder deathles with stuff posted above ;] Love this build :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info