[3.4] KissMeQuick's Pet Viper Strike | Starter for FRIENDS to fight against UBER ELDER with FRIENDS!

"
Tidop wrote:
Newish player here, what it the reasoning for using one Breath of the Council and one The Wasp's Nest? Why not dual wield two of either one? Is it overall better for dpsto have one as a percentage and one as a flat damage increase?

bump
Just wanted to say, thanks for writing this! I'm adapting a noncrit version of this build for use in SSF. admittedly I'm missing Breath of the Council and Growing Agony so I'm missing a ton of damage, but even so it looks promising

Edit:
"
Tidop wrote:
Newish player here, what it the reasoning for using one Breath of the Council and one The Wasp's Nest? Why not dual wield two of either one? Is it overall better for dpsto have one as a percentage and one as a flat damage increase?

Viper Strike doesn't allow maces, so 2 Breaths is straight out. But Breath has crazy stats for chaos builds, it gives both stronger poison DoT dps and lets each last longer, which allows more to stack. The flat chaos damage on Wasp Nest helps a little but just the duration alone (from Breath or the filler shield Leper's Alms) adds a lot more.
Last edited by Observato on Oct 3, 2018, 12:56:13 AM
"
DolphinCarpet wrote:

Interesting..so this weapon doesn't have chaos damage or poison duration and the phys is OK, but this is already ridiculously good?
So many variations of these good weapons its so hard to tell. Even with POB it's hard to plug in all the weapons I see for sale.

Another SUPER confusing topic with weapon on this build. What is better chaos damage to physical damage? I see chaos damage seems to reign supreme for this build when you use tooltip, so does that make chaos much better?

A little help from people who have killed shaper/uber elder maybe can link their gear or give an explanation to help us noobs would be greatly appreciated!

If you are a self called "noob" I would not worry at all about getting a rare claw. Wasp Nest, like OP said, is already a very good choice. Getting a rare claw is only for min/maxing

The market is super small and the chances for buying a good weapon is nearly 0, especially with 200 chaos budget. I checked the weapons available and there is only 1 weapon up, that should give a significantly boost to wasp and it cost 4exalt.

I use this self craft weapon and its only a few 10k dps better than Wasp Nest, even though it has 5 useful affixes.

From my experience you need at least 5 out of 6 useful affixes to beat Wasp Nest or 4 very very good rolled ones.

Use this formula and you can check market

http://poe.trade/search/oyarukikinores

Your best chances for a good weapon is to buy corroded fossils and go spamcraft yourself. But expect to use an exalt to get that extra affix you need to beat Wasp Nest.

edit: I checked your build in POB and you should remove your Claw and add WaspNest again; its 130.000 dps better. (or go exalt and hope for phys dmg :) )

I would use my budget to get a -9 chaos res helm and 21 gems on 6 link next.
And you need a remove curse flask, its super helpful.
Last edited by Django_ on Oct 3, 2018, 9:43:20 AM
What would you guys suggest to be the next upgrade to look for?
(I know my gems isn't with Quality yet.. been busy with work)

Edit:
would a Wasp Nest be better for me at this point? when I look in PoB I got:

(with flask)
With Rare Claw: 406k dps
With Wasp: 500k dps

But does this DPS include the 100% more Poison from the rare claw??
I suck at using PoB :/
Last edited by Wertron on Oct 3, 2018, 5:12:36 PM
Gear update:

Level 93

3.034.540 dps
6.134 Hp

All maps done including all guardian's and shaper
Delve: 241
Path of Building link: https://pastebin.com/9L2406dF

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by goldengoblin on Oct 3, 2018, 3:13:09 PM
Killed Uber Elder today, first time ever. (last portal ;D)

Uber Elder fight:
Swapped Boots for Kaoms and used generic res amu for max res again that I missed on boots; granite flask --> onslaught flask; Ancestral Protector and Arctic Armor for Enlighten+Vitality; also Lunaris -> Arakaali

extra defense layers for delve: temporal chains (+1 curse); artic armour (30% reduction helmet; more slow) ; endurance charges gained on boots
Last edited by Django_ on Oct 4, 2018, 7:57:54 AM

Starting to get the feeling that I will never hit a good roll on these helmets...

using Pristine, Prismatic and Aberrant

On a side note..

Was wondering if it would be a good idea to Craft a Minion Version of the helmet?

With Elder Helmet, you can get:
+1 - 2 Minion gem
Level 18 - 20 Minion Damage Support
% Minion Damage
Reduced Mana Reserved

So if you can roll one with Minion Damage Support, you could still get a 5-linked Herald of Agony, using Vile Toxin in the gem link, instead of Minion Damage Support)
Helm with minion +2/minion dmg/life/-9chaos/ + res/accuracy/int/crit would probably be best in slot, but very hard to craft I guess.

I prefered to use +1 Embalmers, quite cheap to buy in comparison and this way I could also get a lvl 26 crawler 5 linked and free affixes on helm.

Last edited by Django_ on Oct 4, 2018, 4:15:33 PM
"
Django_ wrote:
"
DolphinCarpet wrote:

Interesting..so this weapon doesn't have chaos damage or poison duration and the phys is OK, but this is already ridiculously good?
So many variations of these good weapons its so hard to tell. Even with POB it's hard to plug in all the weapons I see for sale.

Another SUPER confusing topic with weapon on this build. What is better chaos damage to physical damage? I see chaos damage seems to reign supreme for this build when you use tooltip, so does that make chaos much better?

A little help from people who have killed shaper/uber elder maybe can link their gear or give an explanation to help us noobs would be greatly appreciated!

edit: I checked your build in POB and you should remove your Claw and add WaspNest again; its 130.000 dps better. (or go exalt and hope for phys dmg :) )

I would use my budget to get a -9 chaos res helm and 21 gems on 6 link next.
And you need a remove curse flask, its super helpful.

No kidding?! So this claw i just spent the 1.5ex is significantly worse than the claw I was using? Just making double sure, I am pretty bad at using POB and assume it doesn't consider every little stat so is never fully accurate?

This is the new claw...vs....

What do you think?

Last edited by DolphinCarpet on Oct 4, 2018, 5:22:31 PM
Ah you can forget what I wrote about the claw.

POB does not support the "60% chance to deal 100% more dps with poison" mod yet.

I'm also new to using POB, sorry!

With that information in mind I would use the linked one over WaspNest, attack speed roll is good, useful affixes, except for posion on hit. (still no guarantee)
Last edited by Django_ on Oct 5, 2018, 3:51:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info