3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

Just did a flame golems version for the event and loved the easy play style (and no, I do not even own a cat)

Looking forward for an hybrid version of ice golems, hopefully with 10k+ EHP to offset my poor boss dodging skills

Ice golems might be a very interesting choice for a melee based league...
"
snowmittens wrote:
Just did a flame golems version for the event and loved the easy play style (and no, I do not even own a cat)

Looking forward for an hybrid version of ice golems, hopefully with 10k+ EHP to offset my poor boss dodging skills

Ice golems might be a very interesting choice for a melee based league...

Really excited to see the new support skills in action we will know more once gems are revealed, if you're looking for the highest possible EHP i recommend dropping primordial chain and running a Chayula's hybrid version of this instead, search for the lightning crescendo golems guide for a rough idea on gearing/pathing and then check back here for skills. Like flame golems as long as we're stacking minion damage/jewel nodes the damage will be there, it's all a matter of preference after that.
Yep, exactly what I was aiming for, using my current flame golems gear and pathing and just adjusting it for ice golems. Shouldn't be too tricky I hope

As long as you get your stones in, minion damage and life/ES nodes it should work out just fine

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2489263/page/1
Last edited by snowmittens on Jun 5, 2019, 8:51:22 AM
Anyone have thoughts on Forcing Victario's Influence into this build? With all of the new melee aura's coming out I really want to fit them in alongside a Blasphemy + Temp Chains setup for better survivability.

New Aura's that we want are Pride + Precision i'm assuming Pride is going to be a significant reserve like hatred.

With Victario's we can fit these in alongside Purity's or other forms of defense/offense.

Taking Demi's build a bit further and I'm looking at playing something like this at league start. The aura's will likely change once we see Pride and Precision.

https://pastebin.com/4UPrSxCP
Last edited by Utopian238 on Jun 5, 2019, 1:16:27 PM
Hey Utopian! I sort of want to transition to golems at level 41. Can I do that even if I don't have a Primordial Might yet? Will the golems still attack whatever I hit with other arc/storm brand, or will they be too defensive?
"
Careconcha wrote:
Hey Utopian! I sort of want to transition to golems at level 41. Can I do that even if I don't have a Primordial Might yet? Will the golems still attack whatever I hit with other arc/storm brand, or will they be too defensive?

Absolutely! They are still great for leveling, the ai isn't an issue until you get to speed mapping when you're trying to move as fast as possible without waiting for them to train onto your mobs. Stormbran/arc are great for leading them around in the meantime and they will do great damage.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
Careconcha wrote:

Absolutely! They are still great for leveling, the ai isn't an issue until you get to speed mapping when you're trying to move as fast as possible without waiting for them to train onto your mobs. Stormbran/arc are great for leading them around in the meantime and they will do great damage.

Amazing! That's exactly what I wanted to hear. Here's to hoping that ice golems work with the new melee meta. Thanks for the prompt response! <3
Do you really think Hybrid is the way to go? Your latest POB has you at 3k hp and 6k ES, and I feel like you would get instant gibbed by Chaos damage with that little HP.

Can you also talk a bit about the Victario bow build? Feels bad losing a golem, but it does seem interesting. I see that you are running Frenzy for bow attack with GMP + Maim. Why not run something like Rain of Arrow and link it with Maim and a curse?

"
tavi2530 wrote:
Do you really think Hybrid is the way to go? Your latest POB has you at 3k hp and 6k ES, and I feel like you would get instant gibbed by Chaos damage with that little HP.

Can you also talk a bit about the Victario bow build? Feels bad losing a golem, but it does seem interesting. I see that you are running Frenzy for bow attack with GMP + Maim. Why not run something like Rain of Arrow and link it with Maim and a curse?

Regarding Hybrid:
I'm toying around with the idea that the stone golem aura will keep us alive through most chaos degens. Any straight large chaos hit could hurt, but we regen the hp very very quickly.

As far as the bow setup. You absolutely can 4L a rain of arrows, Maim curse on hit, curse, but then you have to find links to cast desecrate/flesh offering. The adaptation of my build that Demi did with victario's runs this in fact. If you do this I recommend running a soulstrike or something as your quiver and forgoing the maloney's.

However, by utilizing the CWC Scourge Arrow you're going to Apply EE just as effectively while auto-casting your flesh offering. The maloney's then applies the maim via frenzy while still generating frenzy charges for you to eat with phase run. I like this quite a bit more because it sticks to the one-button nature of the build.

You aren't finding time to cast desecrate/flesh offering all the time. You're just scourge and move scourge and move while the rest of your dps autocasts.

Overall it's saving you action economy at the cost of a blasphemy mana reserve.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
"
tavi2530 wrote:

Regarding Hybrid:
I'm toying around with the idea that the stone golem aura will keep us alive through most chaos degens. Any straight large chaos hit could hurt, but we regen the hp very very quickly.

As far as the bow setup. You absolutely can 4L a rain of arrows, Maim curse on hit, curse, but then you have to find links to cast desecrate/flesh offering. The adaptation of my build that Demi did with victario's runs this in fact. If you do this I recommend running a soulstrike or something as your quiver and forgoing the maloney's.

However, by utilizing the CWC Scourge Arrow you're going to Apply EE just as effectively while auto-casting your flesh offering. The maloney's then applies the maim via frenzy while still generating frenzy charges for you to eat with phase run. I like this quite a bit more because it sticks to the one-button nature of the build.

You aren't finding time to cast desecrate/flesh offering all the time. You're just scourge and move scourge and move while the rest of your dps autocasts.

Overall it's saving you action economy at the cost of a blasphemy mana reserve.

That's actually really neat, I thought the frenzy charges are wasted on us and totally forgot about Phase Run. Do you think Command of the Pit will still be necessary with the accuracy change?

Just watched Demi's video, and their idea of Belt of the Deceiver is pretty interesting too. We usually die by instant gib, so that 30% reduced crit dmg and free intimidation sounds solid.

Last edited by tavi2530 on Jun 5, 2019, 9:05:43 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info