3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

Geez this is build is so cruisey.. totally is an allrounder, for delving, maps, bossing, memories etc i haven't died for ages either running the most monstrous red maps (all map mods :D)!
My first character to hit 94 and I'm still going at it

I just got this chest piece. Pretty excited had to share

Heaps better then the 99exalt price(fixed) ones, my IceIceBabies are doing 500k shaper dps cycloning around and theres still room to grow.
Thanks for the build and effort to maintain it Utopian238 <3
"
Krël wrote:
I really love how this build allow me to play with only one hand so i can pet my cat with the other one

This post right here is the reason I maintain this build. Please pet that cat for me.
"
Utopian238 wrote:
Haven't seen that yet Yakoob link me? I've always been interested in doing a bow version of this. especially if we can get something going with that new auto-cast quiver.

https://youtu.be/CA9_0miRSOU
Didn't try it, yet. Haven't had a lot of time to play this league :(
Hi, so I'm playing this in Flashback, and I'm having a few issues.

Gear:
Spoiler

Playing the MoM version, and the single target feels kind of weak in T16s mostly because my gem levels, the survival aspect is really good however.

My main problem is the stone golem keeps dying, is that normal? Is it because I don't have Minion life in the helm? Would a +2 socketed / Minion Life helm be better overall than just a +3 + Bone Helm? The flame and chaos golems are completely fine however.

edit: i'm dumb was summoning stone golem from clay shaper.
Last edited by Dervd on May 18, 2019, 5:54:03 AM
"
Dervd wrote:
Spoiler
Hi, so I'm playing this in Flashback, and I'm having a few issues.

Gear:
Spoiler

Playing the MoM version, and the single target feels kind of weak in T16s mostly because my gem levels, the survival aspect is really good however.

My main problem is the stone golem keeps dying, is that normal? Is it because I don't have Minion life in the helm? Would a +2 socketed / Minion Life helm be better overall than just a +3 + Bone Helm? The flame and chaos golems are completely fine however.

edit: i'm dumb was summoning stone golem from clay shaper.

Why do u use flame golem instead of lightning golem? Do u prefer ignite immunity over shock immunity?
Get 21/0 Ice golem gem. Significant dmg buff.
U dont need Arcane Surge gem. U already got it as spell proc on hit in gloves.
Are u casting Enfeeble manually? If not connect brand-CoH-enfeeble. If u want more dmg then Vulnerability.
Is this build really that expensive to play? I price checked some parts in the flashback league(as I would figure would be alittle higher) but it doesn't look that bad to build into.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
"
Is this build really that expensive to play? I price checked some parts in the flashback league(as I would figure would be alittle higher) but it doesn't look that bad to build into.

It's not too bad to build into but I would never ever recommend it as a league start. You really don't take off until you have your clayshaper primordial harmony + anima stone + might stone. You're so much better off with something like storm brand or totems for your first character if speed matters to you. We'll see what the new league brings though.

I'll be trying the necromancer variant this next league assuming not much changes to give my opinion on it. Necro variant is going to be way easier to league start with since you can lean heavily solar-guards as a crutch until you have all of your golem gear.

Last edited by Utopian238 on May 23, 2019, 9:22:19 PM
Well I am going to test run in flashback and see how it goes.
So all you really end up having is playing the economy, and plowing maps. And if you want to get anywhere on your character, you are better off mowing monsters down like weeds and just collecting pennies of the ground as fast as possible than any meaningful item hunting.
Question for you guys, I am looking at running this build in the new league.

It is MOM, Phase Acro build. With Hatred in essence of worm. I think CwDT is working but for some reason it won't highlight in my PoB

https://pastebin.com/StEvjHyy

So the question I have is what is wrong with this build? Because I haven't seen anyone else in this entire thread post a build like this. Life is still good at 5200 and unreserved mana is 2200. DPS is great I think

So I must be missing something that makes this build bad/not work. What is it?
Last edited by WGD118 on May 30, 2019, 11:03:20 PM
"
WGD118 wrote:
Question for you guys, I am looking at running this build in the new league.

It is MOM, Phase Acro build. With Hatred in essence of worm. I think CwDT is working but for some reason it won't highlight in my PoB

https://pastebin.com/StEvjHyy

So the question I have is what is wrong with this build? Because I haven't seen anyone else in this entire thread post a build like this. Life is still good at 5200 and unreserved mana is 2200. DPS is great I think

So I must be missing something that makes this build bad/not work. What is it?

Build Looks great, very similar to the first phase acro builds we were running in 3.3, the only downside and why we moved away from this you're going to be point starved until you finish up getting to level 100 and can finish your tree/endgame gear. What does a level 93 tree look like for you?

The changes to immortal call/stoneskin might really help our survivability with our one button playstyle and make phase acro even better we'll see.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info