3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
Utopian238 wrote:
Ice Golems boss far far more effectively than flame golems, their damage is primarily physical and we don't rely on cursing so our guardian/shaper/elder dps is much higher. Flame golems have better clearspeed while mapping but generally as you can see from my videos we still clear very fast.

This specific build has generally safer mapping with 7k HP/1200 regen but depending on league mechanics you may want to be some sort of golem/spectre necro variant if you're concerned about one shots like delve. Mika's build is generally the best for survivability that i've played.

I don't normally play HC but I leveled a HC character during Delve league just to make sure it can get to red maps safely and I had no problems. Just make sure you farm up a tabula before moving on once you reach ducts so your 6L golems destroy everything.

TL:DR Ice Golems do more Damage, FLame Golems can run reflect maps.

thank you for the answer
"
Mecielle wrote:
Yea no, Minions don't proc EE...

Guess that's my bad. Then I have no clue what's your DPS problem...

"
Utopian238 wrote:

Yeah primordial chain is core now so we'll still be able to get the movement speed. I would never in a million years play this build without chain.

Can you go into more detail on how you'd like me to organize the variants section? It was super confusing/messy this league compared to delve and I want to fix that. Next league i'm going to post what i'm going, and then everything else in seperate spoilers.

Update: Lab Enchants are now seperate from implicits. We Bone Helmets now boys!

You can collect something like this:
life/MOM/CI

Life:
+ considerably easy to scale
+ can run 2 auras/Blasphemy + Banner
- less survivability

MOM:
+ more survivability
+ mediocre to scale
- less auras possible

CI:
+ chaos immunity
+ 2 auras
- expensive to scale

And the league OP section like:
League_Specific

This league we had access to Aspect of Spider so:

Just suggestions. Keep up the good work! :)

Last edited by rainbowsin on Feb 22, 2019, 1:41:37 PM
again thanks for the build and good discussion about gear...i choose to make this build as starter league and manage to get most upgrade...really comfortable and satisfy with this build...

i`m trying to get as much currency i can (chaos recipe, selling item by crafting, farming syndicate and sell pure breachstone, selling gilded sulphite scarab,...etc) and finally manage to get almost 300k shaper dps easily kill T16 syndicate..

btw thanks and hope for 3.6 again with this build...
Last edited by baldengorth666 on Feb 23, 2019, 11:51:00 AM
POB say that added fire damage support give me more damage than multistrike, is this normal?
"
Krël wrote:
POB say that added fire damage support give me more damage than multistrike, is this normal?

What other gems are you using? It's not normal no multistrike is significantly more damage than added fire/better qol.
minion damage/concentrated effect/damage on full life/empower 4
But i must have seen wrong, know it say than melee phys put me to 468k DPS
and multistrike to 425k
and added fire to 394K
(on shaper/elder mob with minion always at full life)
So, mb on that
Last edited by Krël on Feb 26, 2019, 1:13:12 PM
So after playing around a bit, i've got plans for just about every patch note inevitability. Ice Golems should be alive come hell or high water.

We've got a MoM, a low-life, and a Brutality based build all on the back burner we just need to see what the patch notes say later today. I should have the tree's all published before Friday I put the Brutality build up now let me know what you guys think.

Looking forward to this league quite a bit, excited to see what the changes bring us!
"
Utopian238 wrote:
So after playing around a bit, i've got plans for just about every patch note inevitability. Ice Golems should be alive come hell or high water.

We've got a MoM, a low-life, and a Brutality based build all on the back burner we just need to see what the patch notes say later today. I should have the tree's all published before Friday I put the Brutality build up now let me know what you guys think.

Looking forward to this league quite a bit, excited to see what the changes bring us!

Very interesting, looks great!

Thank you.
3.6 changes for discussion.

Nerfs:
Hatred:
Now causes you and nearby Allies to deal 14% more Cold Damage at gem level 1, up to 18% more Cold Damage at gem level 20. Note that this cold damage multiplies the Extra damage granted by the aura.
Now causes you and nearby Allies to gain 16% of Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage (from 26%) at gem level 1, up to 25% at gem level 20 (from 36%).

Okay so the new hatred changes aren't too bad.
We've got a couple of interesting things. With generosity + new hatred, grip of the council becomes significantly more damage than command of the pit and gives us 2 more gem sockets to work with.

Even without grip of the council though this is a very small nerf to our damage. Not as bad as I feared.

Buffs:
Bone Helmets: can now stack with lab enchants but were nerfed to 20% minion damage. Still probably best in slot.

Convocation: Cooldown reduced to 4 seconds.

Vulnerability: Uber Elder/Shaper now have 66% reduced effect of curses significantly increasing the effectiveness of vulnerability.

Now some interesting things.

Scorching Ray Changes + the new item Kingmaker may make it worth exploring 6 golem variants of the build dropping primordial chain.

Kingmaker now has "nearby allies have +50% critical strike multiplier", "nearby allies have fortify" and 250-285% increased physical damage. Existing versions are not affected.

It Might be worth dropping primordial chain and lightning golem to run animate guardian in your helm. Kingmaker + rare hat with 9% increased physdamage taken is a significant dps boost on an animate guardian.

Scorching Ray + Tukohama's Vanguard's look much better now than pre-patch.

Consecrated Ground now gives 100% increased critical strike chance to you and allies.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Mar 5, 2019, 9:56:53 PM
I think primodial chain is good for map clearspeed, then switch kingmaker on boss. However gear switching is always meh, so I would run kingmaker all the way, benefit seems so good with new consecrated ground. If I am not completly wrong, this build is more uber elder farmer than map farmer.

Also, scorching fire, I don't get why would we want to use it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info