3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
"
Ariakan80 wrote:
"
Well as far as my gear being bad, I'm not sure what to do about that. I cant even do lvl 1-2 maps without dying several times. It is really hard for me to find new gear. Since I'm relatively new to the game I'm still not sure what constitutes as being good or not. And for the potion, what about it is bad? I thought the 40% dmg bonus would be good.

Unfortunately you picked a build which is not good for new / poor players. Golem build requires (relatively) high gear investment. You would be better served with more of a "starter" build.

Don't stress over it, as a new player lots of learning to be had, and generally hard to not "mess up" a build even following a guide. Keep trucking and trying new builds and it'll click.

Thank you for the reply. I'm kind of sad because I've already bought like 8 primordial harmony and the like. Also because the only other character I have anywhere near being functional is a trickster flickerstrike build. This flickerstrike build is stuck around T6 maps though as I get one shot by the betrayal NPC spawns. Another problem is that I found I enjoy delving but flickerstrike is not good for delving...

Do you have any suggestions for builds? I like the dexterity/intelligence side of the tree more than the strength side. I would prefer something that can do things fast, hence why I like flicker strike so much. I know arc is supposed to be super good but I wasn't to big a fan of a pure arc build. I don't know too much about the offshoots like arc mines or arc totems (don't like traps that much). I also saw a build for an IC vortex that seems really tanky, but I don't know what is good for starting off.

So many builds claim to be good starters but I've leveled about 10 characters to 50+ and feel like I'm just wasting a lot of currency and time. My main concern is that a lot of builds don't seem to get started until lvl 70+ which makes it so I can't really try them out before investing 8+ hours leveling the character. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm like you, i try a lot of different character at the same time. I farmed around 25C with my other char(mostly in chromatic and alteration) and decided to make this one my main. And it works very well, going on to T12 currently. Soooo you probably have even more currency and cant even T1/2? I ROLLED on them

I looked at your build and here is somes points you could enhance :
- Find a +minion damage helm (1C) and put your ice golem in it as long as you dont get a good 6link armor
- Do not use a tabula, it's unecessary at low level (golem are OP). I got my skin for 50C.
- look at what your missing (res, life, mana?) and find a cheap 1alch/1C rare on poe trade
- you took MOM on your skill tree, wich is great ! i died a lot before i took MOM. But then, you take nothing else, no life, almost no mana . And some ES? Also you have this weird socket with the elemental damage. You could probably use some rerolling point to get more defences
- Do you use phase run?

sorry for bad english
I ran this build in Delve and Betrayal as league starters (I ran a flame golem in Incursion). It was not easy, but I certainly made more currency than I spent.

However, this only worked because I play one build a league. If you like trying multiple builds, this would not make a good starter due to the overall cost of 1)many, many Primordial items, and 2)some of the high-end gear to really push the build. Add that to the fact that you can't even equip golem gems until lvl34, you really need patience to get this build going.

That said, once you have the basics (3 ascendencies, 4-5 golems) of the build in place - somewhere around lvl68 - you are already set for mid-tier maps and delve farming to generate currency to fully fund the build. By mid-80s, with time spent mapping and delving, you should have all your gear, minus the min-max-4ex+ items. Red maps and 200+ delves are doable-to-easy.

This is a patience build, but it does pay for itself if you're the kind of player that wants to min-max a single build over a league.
"
son_forh wrote:
can some one help me my ice golem mancer i feel i lack defend layer very badly i got one shot pretty many time all i can do is run and hope something not hit me i tried with mom but thing not better at all my ice golem mancer name is Phu_Thuy_Farm_Do thank you kind friend

A lot of your gems do not have quality.

You do not have generosity linked to hatred, so that is useless - unless you are levelling for linking later.

CotP are very cheap right now - they're great and you get extra life from the abyss jewel slot(s). Also think of getting a stygian belt - even more life + resists. It's all you really need.
TAUNT IS AMAZING. I'll edit my post when I upload my latest shaper run. Packs basically ignore you. Just watch out for AoE effects.

Maybe switch up vulnerability for enfeeble for added survivability.

Chest is very solid. Better than my 3R2B1G Skin.

Looking at your tree, not enough life nodes. Switch a few nodes and drop an eminence/harmony for extra life. Your dudes may hit hard, but it's pointless when you're dead.

EDIT: Oh god, the audio is bad (not sure why this late at night) - turn down the volume or mute.
https://streamable.com/8l8hg
Last edited by poofofexile on Feb 5, 2019, 7:39:41 AM
Hey, just chiming in as a kind of testimony.
I decided to pick up that build as a somehow late league starter in Betrayal - I've been wanting to toy around with the golem branch of the Elementalist for a while.

I'm not done with the char, but at almost 90 it's my highest one to date, and the first time I didn't let go of a toon because of boredom and inefficiency. So that's a win, yay !

Despite the suggestion that it's not a cheap build, it's probably the first time I could actually afford one, and even better, self sustain it. Thanks to the old chaos orb full set formula it was easy to gain currencies fast and buy each key item one after the other. I know it's not very efficient a method to gain Chaos, but when you start dropping 60ilevel items, it's still the best source of income IMHO.

I still struggle a liiiittle bit with resistances, but that's just because I couldn't find decent rings. And lazyness. I mean, I kill everything easy, that tends to make you disregard your own safety. Guess I will pay that arrogance at some point. I'm still on the lookout for better gear however, I just can't find it.

The biggest threat to me was the Syndicate itself, but from what I read the Immortal Syndicate sounds quite overtuned, and the best defence is definitely a big offense, which the build provides. Unfortunately, in the 70ish range it was a real bane as I was still in the process of buying all the jewels, still lacking the Anima Stone, no Skin. Basically, not enough DPS. Nowdays, I sometimes don't even see the interventions, but I still have to be careful with the transport - since they often disengage to go back to the convoy, it's easy giving chase to them, leaving the golems behind and us open to a direct, one shot hit. I still have Convocation linked to CwDT and looking ( lazily, since it works for me for now ) for an alternative. Research can be tricky too but it's just a matter of not rushing too much, leaving you, again, exposed.
Ah, and I killed Mastermind, tho it took me all the tries to figure out the pattern since I'm a bit stupid and not used to PoE "end bosses".

I'm still missing one damn trial so I can't judge for Uber Lab. I can't imagine it being too much of a hassle, though.

As for maps, obviously reflects are ultra annoying. I'm not immune to poison yet so it can be a bit of a bother. I guess I should be higher up on the Atlas, but I tend to try and clean methodically, making sure Zana's quest is always as up to date as possible. I'm doing 10s and 11s these days, so they are still relatively easy.

Anyway, for a relatively ancient but very casual player, this is the first time I felt like actually accomplishing something, so thank you for the build and the pointers ! \O/
Hi, is this build good for farming in the mines?
This is not a starter build or a good delve farming build , but you can still use it to farm around lvl 60 in delve if you use phase run with silver + quicksilver flask for the movement speed and dont care about being the most efficent at it(hp regen from the golem its OP in the dark).
I was playing with path of building and by using a lvl 20 20Q Ruthless instead of maim i got almost 8 k extra damage , i was following the build before so i didng even noticed that , what gems are you using on your ice golems? ice golem + Ruthless + minion damage + empower + multi + meele phys damage gives me 40k dmg on cyclone and 50k on default attack. Im curious please let me know what you are using guys.
Last edited by Angelonerodk on Feb 9, 2019, 6:13:04 AM
"
Angelonerodk wrote:
This is not a starter build or a good delve farming build , but you can still use it to farm around lvl 60 in delve if you use phase run with silver + quicksilver flask for the movement speed and dont care about being the most efficent at it(hp regen from the golem its OP in the dark).
I was playing with path of building and by using a lvl 20 20Q Ruthless instead of maim i got almost 8 k extra damage , i was following the build before so i didng even noticed that , what gems are you using on your ice golems? ice golem + Ruthless + minion damage + empower + multi + meele phys damage gives me 40k dmg on cyclone and 50k on default attack. Im curious please let me know what you are using guys.

Farm around level 60 in Delve? This build has no problem whatsoever farming level 83 at 300-500 depth...
Last edited by Mecielle on Feb 9, 2019, 8:48:19 AM
Been working on this build when I have time (work, life, etc). My favorite build so far this league and the build in which I am having the most fun. Wondering if any of the experts can give me some feedback, which direction I should go towards to improve gear. Currently level 86 but working on it. Thanks!!!!

P.S. Working on the helm enchant. I had the helm but getting a golem related helm enchant has been a PITA

OOPS wrong gloves linked - been wearing the wrong gloves all morning...

Last edited by Kevinranders on Feb 9, 2019, 1:52:19 PM
I'll be updating this build for 3.6 and cleaning it up as we get patch notes. What questions do you guys have going into the next league that you think needs to be included in the guide?
"
Utopian238 wrote:
What questions do you guys have going into the next league that you think needs to be included in the guide?

So the Delve league is implemented into the core game, so we'll still have a chance to get
?
Cause w/o it I'd go 1 Stone/ 1 Lightning / 4 Ice. But the MS of 'em boyz are just too slow...

U can collect under 1 spoiler like variants with MOM, full life of the build & under another pure phys and ele conversion (Hatred) versions of this build.

Also u can make like OP endgame gear section league specific if this applies.

But OMF Meatball Spaghetti Monster, this is by far the smoothest and most versatile in end-game build I've played in my 2 years of POE. Thank you once more.
Last edited by rainbowsin on Feb 15, 2019, 4:05:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info