3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
MetalSlave wrote:
"
trefi289 wrote:
"
fatmao87 wrote:
Command of the pit is hands down the best gloves because of the accuracy rating it gives to your Golems.. Maybe you don't feel any different on low Tier maps. But when you go high tier you will see a very big difference..

Don't have to import it into pob because you only see the damage output but not factor in the accuracy..

I have 6.4k life, can visit my profile if u guys need some insight.

This

And also grip has too many useless stats on it, minion resistance useless, less move speed is not good either, quite a chunk of less life and dmg it gives its only compareable when target has EE which in clearing map or sometimes even on boss its too risky to apply EE and u lose on dmg that way.

Gloves are crazy budget good but never better then cop in any scenario.

There's a name for this: Feelcraft

Op is comparing grip+ the war banner factor against the 1 sock cop.

Bring some numbers please, get the hit ratio spreadsheet against lvl 80 monsters so we can compare. How much % u Will hit more? 10,20%? That Will compensate the damage Burst from grip? What is the time lenght of the fight? Again, more numbers and less feelings.

War banner + cop > grip + war banner

U get more damage , war banner doesn't change much at all.
CoP doesnt cap accuracy therefore more accuracy doesnt diminish to the point where grip becomes better.

Just so you don't believe anything you read dont be lazy do the numbers urself its not hard and u will see.
Last edited by trefi289 on Dec 25, 2018, 5:43:12 PM
Hey everyone,

super noob PoE player here. i have 1 question. the variant with the maim + levels on gems staff and kaoms heart is better damage wise or survivability wise to the shield + mace with a chest with maim as 7th slot for golems?
"
trefi289 wrote:

War banner + cop > grip + war banner

U get more damage , war banner doesn't change much at all.
CoP doesnt cap accuracy therefore more accuracy doesnt diminish to the point where grip becomes better.

Just so you don't believe anything you read dont be lazy do the numbers urself its not hard and u will see.

https://pastebin.com/73e7ucCj

Here's a pastebin of my current gear setup. Grip is straight up more damage for me than CoP 2 sockets.

Accuracy has diminishing returns the more you stack compared to the more damage multiplier of 20% phys to cold conversion. You're looking at roughly 8% to miss chance between grip and CoP if running max leveled war banner. Even less if you take accuracy nodes on the tree.

If we were a single melee character that 8% miss chance is fairly high when considering mapping speeds right? Because the damage overkill is needless on trash mobs, the accuracy chance would be substantial. But we're not a single character, we're 6 different characters all using Cyclone for multiple attacks per second.

If you want to argue reals instead of feels, post numbers that dispute my pastebin.

Again to everyone who refuses to believe me let me reiterate so we don't confuse the thread.

Now that we have warbanner, Grip of the council is more damage at high gear levels than CoP. We use CoP because two abyss sockets allow us to gain added defensive utility in the form of blind/taunt and 100 flat life.

This is the last time i'm going to say it. Grip of the council is absolutely a better investment of Currency > Power gained than 8ex CoP's.

To all of the new players following the thread,

Investment priorities in order are

Getting 9 Golems
Tabula
21/0 golem gems
Filling out all of your slots with Primordial Harmonies/Eminence
Skin of the Loyal
Grip of the Council

After that you can focus on jewelry then crafting hats/chest or saving up for a 2 socket Grip.
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 25, 2018, 9:32:43 PM
"
Anjrel wrote:
Hey everyone,

super noob PoE player here. i have 1 question. the variant with the maim + levels on gems staff and kaoms heart is better damage wise or survivability wise to the shield + mace with a chest with maim as 7th slot for golems?

The Kaom's heart + mace variant will give you more survivability at the cost of some damage.
"
yakoob wrote:
"
Thuking wrote:
[...]
Also got this

Holy crap! That must have been like a fortune :o Was it self dropped or bought? If bought, how much did u pay?

Bought it for 4ex

I just finished uber elder with this build died a few times because I have no idea what I'm doing but Ice golems are definitely better than flame golems for bossing.

Anyway here is my items

Other usually when mapping

Anyway OP what do you think of belt of the deceiver and jagged helmet craft?
Corrupted belt is really nice. How much life are you at in that setup?
"
Utopian238 wrote:
Corrupted belt is really nice. How much life are you at in that setup?

Not a lot sadly like 4.9k and I have MoM but really I think I should change that.
To all the people arguing about GotC vs CotP superiority.

Your argument is invalid as those items are used to achieve 2 totaly different things.

Grip: Earlygame/Midgame when you lack in dmg department it is a great cheap boost. No argument about that. Even endgame it still does what it is made for.

Pit: Endgame when you already got your dmg figured out and skip phases on bosses, but you lack in survivability department it is a great boost for ehp with opportunity (with some investment into jewels ofc) to keep the dps. It basically gives you additional life node on the tree due to 6% max life mod.
Then you get 2 abyss sockets which is another 100 hp and whatever you wish for the other 3 mods per jewel: resists / mana(MoM) / blind / taunt / minion leech / minion attackspeed / minion phys flat dmg, so many possibilities.
Furthermore, if u already have 2 abyss jewels on your tree, then it frees 2 jewel sockets on the tree. So you can go more harmonies / eminences / abyss jewels / Might of the Meek / Watchers Eye, which could scales golem dmg or your survivability even more.

CotP is a much more versatile item which allows you to customize depending on what you need. GotC is just dmg boost and cheap.

So summing up.
Comparing GotC vs CotP just with 20% phys as cold vs 1000 accuracy is invalid.
As those 2 abyss jewels factor in so many posibilities to further scale dps or dmg mitigatin.
You just cant compare mod to mod, you have to factor in what can be put into the sockets.

Also if you like to argue futher about who has more iq or who is on the wrong side of numbers then take it to private convo and keep the thread clean.
Last edited by yakoob on Dec 26, 2018, 4:38:43 AM
Everyone is here debating gloves and I am just sitting in the corner trying to make a Mom/Phase acro build work for Softcore. One gentleman said he tsted it out in POB and got a dps increase at a loss of a little EHP and i want to try that out. If anyone that has played this and can assist in helping me change the talent tree in POB the best possible way I would appreciate it. Also i saw that MXExtreme made a similar build for 3.4 & 3.5 on youtube but he utilizes all the new minion nodes on the upper left... is that ever worth it vs running for a gem socket?
"
JeffYetman wrote:
Everyone is here debating gloves and I am just sitting in the corner trying to make a Mom/Phase acro build work for Softcore. One gentleman said he tsted it out in POB and got a dps increase at a loss of a little EHP and i want to try that out. If anyone that has played this and can assist in helping me change the talent tree in POB the best possible way I would appreciate it. Also i saw that MXExtreme made a similar build for 3.4 & 3.5 on youtube but he utilizes all the new minion nodes on the upper left... is that ever worth it vs running for a gem socket?

MXExtreme is loosely following my initial 3.4 build that's since been purged from the guide with the minion wheels utilized, the minion wheel setup is much cheaper but inferior to harmony stacking for damage/golem survivability. I left the leveling section to utilize the minion wheels while we get up and running, but there's just too much loss from 80% added golem damage, and 2% life regen per second with each jewel to justify taking minion wheels.

(Caveat: If you don't run warbanner the minion accuracy nodes will scale slightly better than they do right now, I haven't played around with this but for people playing around with MoM trees there may be something to that?)

As far as a MoM/Phase Acro Tree i'm unsure of how to make this work without losing either a significant amount of damage in warbanner or a significant amount of EHP.

Maybe something like this? https://pastebin.com/9MAgQS1X

That's a really rough tree that I just sketched out, you might be able to clean it up with some work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info